Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

pb21

Apr 23, 2010
http://www.independent.co.uk/news/u...ysis-eu-david-davis-theresa-may-a8184471.html

Hard to believe the Brexiteer thickos are still trying to defend their precious Brexit after this damning revelation. With any other policy this would put an end to the nonsense but no, seems the government are as stubborn and dense as the four Leave voters on here that still believe it's the right thing to do. Though I suspect even they are not stupid enough to actually think that anymore.

Get a grip, yes we will be worse off but we will be able to buy 1,600 W vacuum cleaners, have blue passports and stock up on tasty hormone injected meat.

Put that in your pipe and smoke it you remoaning crybaby.

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
http://www.independent.co.uk/news/u...ysis-eu-david-davis-theresa-may-a8184471.html

Hard to believe the Brexiteer thickos are still trying to defend their precious Brexit after this damning revelation. With any other policy this would put an end to the nonsense but no, seems the government are as stubborn and dense as the four Leave voters on here that still believe it's the right thing to do. Though I suspect even they are not stupid enough to actually think that anymore.

When asked live on Newsnight last night about this leak, Jacob Rees-Mogg basically dismissed the scenarios and the models relating to this analysis without having seen them as #experts and #projectfear etc.

They're ideologues, nothings going to stop them.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
They have on this thread !

What do you think of the news that the government know Brexit will be bad for every sector of the UK and that we will likely be adhering to all the major EU rulings, paying in , and having no say in the running of it? Any opinions on that?

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
What do you think of the news that the government know Brexit will be bad for every sector of the UK and that we will likely be adhering to all the major EU rulings, paying in , and having no say in the running of it? Any opinions on that?

For your first point - it will be to start with - not aware anyone has said otherwise.

The second point - the EU have laid out their plan. It doesn't mean we'll agree to it but of course people like you take it as fact as that is what will happen. Here's a clue word - NEGOTIATIONS.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
For your first point - it will be to start with - not aware anyone has said otherwise.

The second point - the EU have laid out their plan. It doesn't mean we'll agree to it but of course people like you take it as fact as that is what will happen. Here's a clue word - NEGOTIATIONS.

Righto

pb21

Apr 23, 2010
None of the scenarios that they have dreamed up numbers for is actually being pursued by the government. #fakenews

One of the scenarios that shows the UK being worse off post Brexit is for the UK to continue to adhere to the rules of the single market.

Are you suggesting that David Davis is going to be able to secure a deal that is better than if the UK were to continue to adhere to the rules of the single market?!

#clutchingatstraws
# doolally

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
...Are you suggesting that David Davis is going to be able to secure a deal that is better than if the UK were to continue to adhere to the rules of the single market?!

Isn't the whole point of BrExit that we leave the Single Market and enjoy the opportunities for growth through trading with the wider world?

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Isn't the whole point of BrExit that we leave the Single Market and enjoy the opportunities for growth through trading with the wider world?

Growth estimated to be worth 0.8% for UK growth, compared to the 8% hit in UK growth the departure from the Single Market would bring.

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex

Is that the 0.2% growth a Dr Fox red, white and blue free trade deal with Donald Trump would have us enjoy and the combined 0.1%-0.4% a Dr Fox Asia/Pacific special could bring?

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
Growth estimated to be worth 0.8% for UK growth, compared to the 8% hit in UK growth the departure from the Single Market would bring.

8% ?? Pull the other one. Care to provide some evidence of this 'prediction' ?

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
To sum up my thoughts on Brexit I think it's overall a shambles, mainly down to the Tory government having weak leadership and simply being out of their depth. I think that some of the predictions about it are overly pessimistic but on the whole I think it will be a terrible thing for the UK and I think there will be more disappointed sections of society than if we had stayed. I hope something can happen to recue the situation. Ideally a total reversal but if not then at least the government getting their act together.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum

Do you regard buzzfeed as a credible source?:lolol:

And while you're here,some other whiner says nobody said no cancer drugs;

dopey cow 2.jpg

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
They have on this thread !

I don't recall seeing that posted by anyone, delays to new drug availability, and greatly reduced access to radioactive isotopes for radio therapy, if we leave Euratom, as we are mostly supplied by the EU currently for these.

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
As for that strange female in Japan,perhaps the Mods could publish her ignore list so the people she regards as "spacktards" can all make a complaint and get the waste of oxygen barred.(Mental Lental).

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here