Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
I see the Government in waiting were setting out a clear alternative this morning.

Jeremy Corbyn, three weeks ago: Doesn’t rule out second referendum

Diane Abbott, two weeks ago: Backs second referendum

Diane Abbott, today: Rules out second referendum

Tom Watson, today: Doesn’t rule out second referendum

:lolol:

David Davis has managed to contradict himself on numerous occasions...... " We have had reports made on the impact of Brexit on numerous industries..... but you can't see them " " Ok, so you can see them................oh dear, there aren't any ".

Lincoln Imp

Feb 2, 2009
Trying to disconnect the reasons why people voted from the result is disingenuous, dangerous and feeds the anger, disillusionment.

I agree to a large extent, although surely the people who are doing this are the Brexiteers, desperate to disconnect the referendum result from the wider underlying reasons behind it? All their Christmasses came at once on 23 June and any suggestion that we should not view the 52/48 result as an isolated on/off switch reduces many of them to name-calling fury.

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
David Davis has managed to contradict himself on numerous occasions...... " We have had reports made on the impact of Brexit on numerous industries..... but you can't see them " " Ok, so you can see them................oh dear, there aren't any ".

I agree he has occasionally given some confusing statements open to misinterpretation but not a patch on the Labour Party regular handbrake turns changing of central policy, depending on which Shadow Minister you talk to.

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
I agree to a large extent, although surely the people who are doing this are the Brexiteers, desperate to disconnect the referendum result from the wider underlying reasons behind it? All their Christmasses came at once on 23 June and any suggestion that we should not view the 52/48 result as an isolated on/off switch reduces many of them to name-calling fury.

The Brexiteers are the ones trying to hold the line and deliver on what was set out by the leave side (take back control) against numerous obstacles both UK and EU based. Also credit to the many Remain MP's who seem to know respecting the referendum result doesn't include trying to subvert or reverse it.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
I agree he has occasionally given some confusing statements open to misinterpretation but not a patch on the Labour Party regular handbrake turns changing of central policy, depending on which Shadow Minister you talk to.

Handbrake turns on policy ??????? plenty of those already from May and Davis..... those red lines are being erased month by month.:rotlf:

Hampster Gull

Dec 22, 2010
Trolls and people intent on ignoring/reversing my democratic choice don't really deserve much civility but I'm usually well mannered. I nearly always answer questions (even when being insulted), unfortunately, some people can't remember the answers ... which is a bit rude.

Love the outrage. The referendum was consultative for the government, not legally binding, so no need for that. Anyway the are acting on it. The question that May has to answer is what type of exit, WTO on one extreme and on the other within the customs union and unfettered acces to the single market. All to play for. The days of the Brexit means Brexit nonsense is over, May needs to grow some and propose what the government want. Then she can progress but it’s subject to Parliamentary scrutiny and approval, quiet rightly, and possibly a general election around that time.

5ways

Sep 18, 2012
I'm not defending them, far right and far left are both scum in my book. It's not really a clearly defined left-right split either. There would be many angry Labour Brexit voters. I'm the one saying don't ignore and/or try to circumvent the democratic choice of the majority as you push people in the extremist's direction. You are ignoring the reasons why people did vote leave which can be broadly summarised as 'take back control' Sovereignty/laws/immigration etc) with a bit of kick the establishment. Norway = free movement, ECJ jurisdiction without any say etc.

And £350m a week for the NHS.

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex

Labour aren't being featured and therefore laughed at in the European media. May, Davis, Johnson and The Tories are.

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex

Lincoln Imp

Feb 2, 2009
Trolls and people intent on ignoring/reversing my democratic choice don't really deserve much civility but I'm usually well mannered. I nearly always answer questions (even when being insulted), unfortunately, some people can't remember the answers ... which is a bit rude.

You silly Billy - no one is suggesting your vote is ignored. Full notice will be taken of your view (as far as it is known), deep negotiations will take place with the EU as a result of it and then, when the facts emerge, you might be asked again. This wouldn't be non-democracy, it would be double democracy. Admit it - you're just worried you would lose. All that undemocratic loon stuff is flimflam.

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
You silly Billy - no one is suggesting your vote is ignored. Full notice will be taken of your view (as far as it is known), deep negotiations will take place with the EU as a result of it and then, when the facts emerge, you might be asked again. This wouldn't be non-democracy, it would be double democracy. Admit it - you're just worried you would lose. All that undemocratic loon stuff is flimflam.

Oh I think you'll find plenty of people who want to ignore the 17.4 million votes (including undemocratic loons on this thread).

Of course the LibDems would like to see the June 23 result overturned. So would I. So would everyone who feels we should remain in the EU. The point is HOW..........

flim flam indeed :wink:

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
:lolol: Blimey is there a cut off date for highlighting Labours shambolic stance then... 24hours? Oh yes, you really have me on the ropes. :D

Anything to attempt to deflect attention away from the shambles of your precious little Conservative and Unionist Party and your precious little England Brexit again.

It's not really working for you, but I'm sure you'll carry on regardless like the loyal Tory Brexit boy you are.

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
Anything to attempt to deflect attention away from the shambles of your precious little Conservative and Unionist party and your precious little England Brexit.

So much bitterness. Feel free to steer it back to your and Ernies balanced, well-sourced contributions with those hilarious Farage/Mogg pics :kiss:

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
... and take back control of the tens of Billions of UK taxpayers money we send to the EU, correct.

You won’t see any of this. You’ll be choking on your pork chop like that idiot from Barnsley.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here