Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
Feel free to link to any post where I have asked you 'Well what do you think we should do ?" Why would anyone ask any #teameu regular on here as the answer would always be ignore/circumvent the referendum and the last election result. :shrug:

This one ? (it's long winded, but i didn't want you to be misquoted or taken out of context :))

So I'll add you to the majority of our brexiteers on here who have just realised that our negotiating position is completely shit and now thinks that 'no deal' is the way ahead ?

I do wish you had given this a bit more thought 2 years ago

It's early days plenty of twists and turns to come only an idiot would think the EU holds all the cards or one side has anything to lose. Would you be prepared to accept any deal over a no deal option, if no what would be your red lines in rejecting the deal?

Only an idiot would think that we still have time to implement anything we agree.

You really don't get it do you ?

If we finished negotiations tomorrow we are incapable of implementing in time now. You've obviously never worked on any significant project, let alone one that involves government, civil service and politics.

My guess is full membership for another 2 years while negotiations continue.

And the fact that most brexiteers on here now want 'no deal' and off the cliff really shouldn't be a surprise
Keep up, we are already looking at a two year implementation/ transition period after 2019.

And the answers to my questions are?

Try reading the post. I didn't say implementation / transition.

And the answers to your questions are that you are too stupid to realise they are irrelevant - :bigwave:

We are looking to negotiate a deal by early 2019 then have two years to implement/transition to the new arrangement you are saying a new deal can't be enacted even if agreed now (4 years)?

No we both know you are continuously dodging them because you can't provide an answer.

North Korea (every county in the world) has 'access' to the EU single market. [MENTION=396]WATFORD zero[/MENTION] bottled the question so I'll try you. What are your red lines for a no deal (assuming there are any)?

So, just to be clear, you've managed, through your own stupidity, to put yourself in a no win situation.

And now you want to know what I'm going to do about it :lolol:

Last edited:

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
This one ? (it's long winded, but i didn't want you to be misquoted or taken out of context :))

Obviously not that one as I didn't ask 'what do you think we should do'. I asked if you would accept any deal and if not what would your red lines be and didn't get any answers. :shrug:

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
Er... there is only one Ulster. I suggest you invest in an atlas

This has already been done to death,but I think HT/W-0 put an article about it on Wiki to show what a clever person it is,so here is a screenshot to help you out.

nornoirland.jpg

Don't suppose any of the 'clever' people have ever been there,but most of them live in some sort of la-la land anyway.

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
Well,one sycophant has appeared,where is Nibble/Clamp?:lolol:Can't be far behind.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
This has already been done to death,but I think HT/W-0 put an article about it on Wiki to show what a clever person it is,so here is a screenshot to help you out.

View attachment 91728

Don't suppose any of the 'clever' people have ever been there,but most of them live in some sort of la-la land anyway.

Do you suffer from cognitive dissonance? This is a genuine question.

Lincoln Imp

Feb 2, 2009

If you know what and where Ulster is, why do you confuse it with 'Northern Ireland' in your posts? This too is a genuine question.

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
The joy of being in opposition...

John McDonnell: we must leave the single market to respect the referendum result

Tom Watson: we should stay in the single market and customs union permanently

Jon Ashworth, Jenny Chapman: we have to leave the single market

Diane Abbott: we should keep freedom of movement

Jeremy Corbyn, Keir Starmer: freedom of movement ends with Brexit

Barry Gardiner: staying in the customs union would be a disaster

Corbyn: whipped vote against single market and customs union membership

Starmer: we should stay in the single market and customs union (which means keeping free movement)

Starmer himself is all over the place, both arguing freedom of movement should end and also saying we should stay in the single market, an outcome which is not possible. Corbyn whipped his MPs to vote against single market and customs union membership – he even sacked rebels on this – now Labour’s Brexit Secretary says it is party policy. This shambles is just the among the Shadow Cabinet, let alone backbenchers…

mikeyjh

Dec 17, 2008
Llanymawddwy
May and that utter cretin David Davis should do the decent and honourable thing and step down. It’s clear they are totally incapable of leading the country through these negotiations. Time for a cross-party approach to Brexit.

They won't though will they - Step back and consider this, a few weeks ago, one could have suggested the same thing as the process was an utter shambles months ago. One could not have foreseen that in the following weeks it would have descended several levels of farce and incompetence. I honestly don't know where this is going to end but it's not going to be nice.

I thought Cameron was mostly incompetent but largely driven by personal ambition, May manages to be entirely competent AND driven by personal ambition. It's all so sad and avoidable.

Lincoln Imp

Feb 2, 2009

John McDonnell: we must leave the single market to respect the referendum result

Starmer: we should stay in the single market and customs union (which means keeping free movement)

Starmer himself is all over the place, both arguing freedom of movement should end and also saying we should stay in the single market, an outcome which is not possible. Corbyn whipped his MPs to vote against single market and customs union membership – he even sacked rebels on this – now Labour’s Brexit Secretary says it is party policy. This shambles is just the among the Shadow Cabinet, let alone backbenchers…

I agree that Labour is a mess. It is an extraordinary comment on the two main parties that neither of them is currently nailed on for election victory in spite of the appalling quality of the party facing each of them in the House of Commons.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
reading what Irish PM has said, giving more context on the proposed outcomes for IE/NI relations, its very much more in favour of the UK than it first appears:
Varadkar revealed it provided for three potential outcomes in a final deal.

1) “UK free trade agreement that would allow free trade to continue not just north and south but between Britain and Ireland.”

2) “a bespoke arrangement involving technology and others things.”

3) if neither of this were agreed in the final Brexit deal there would be “ongoing regulatory alignment between north and south” which would have been “a back stop if all else failed”.

i dont know who could complain with that, either there was some other unreported change or the DUP have thrown their toys out the pram without seeing/understanding the full picture. if there's no agreement id expect some sort of concession be made between Ireland and NI. it also looks to me that the negotiations are more conducive than the public projection, with the option for free trade right up there. and this correlates with what Davis has said in the House this afternoon.

Last edited:

5ways

Sep 18, 2012
Your post implied that each region should have it's wish respected so England voted to leave and Scotland voted to stay - how do you reconcile those votes with the idea of allowing NI it's wish ?

Because NI voted remain it should be given a deal that reflects the will of its people. If Scotland wants to remain in the Single Market that should also be respected. Both of these things can happen while also respecting England's decision to leave the EU.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

So, in short you’re ****ed?

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
Do you suffer from cognitive dissonance? This is a genuine question.

I must ask my doctor next time I attend my annual check-up.Dr. Mohammed didn't mention it last time.Perhaps I could be cheeky enough to ask one back.Do you suffer from dissociative identity disorder?Genuine question,any of you can answer.

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
Looking good Prof

Cheers Dave.Few little hiccups in the Leaving process,bit like the Albion's form at the moment,but all will be well.I would have thought Ireland would be settled by now,but I think their massive tax evasion fraud case has upset them a bit.:thumbsup:

Jan 30, 2008
But Brighton voted to stay (although I accept the arse end of Hangleton may not have)

so what, it's all water under the bridge now, time to move on and let go , DON'T HAVE NIGHTMARES ,not long now and it will all be done and dusted and you'll be wondering why you got yourself into such a state
regards
DR

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
Oh,just to clear up a bit of confusion among the geographically challenged.My General Service Medal for Northern Ireland was awarded for tours in Ulster.I love saying Ulster as it triggers the PC flakies a treat.:lolol:

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015

Rather amusing that some are calling for a cross-party approach to Brexit :D

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here