Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Correct, I don’t know the answer to that question, I havnt a clue what the final arrangement for the fishermen will be at the end of the implementation period or when trade discussions are concluded, but unlike your twit of a friend I have never claimed to know these things.
Its fairly obvious why he wont answer the question and explain what he claims to know, he is full of crap and doesn’t know what he is talking about. As he has shown throughout the whole thread he is way out of his depth on all things Brexit.
It is sweet though that you are protecting your little lapdog and talking for him. Perhaps you can answer the question for him as well if you know what the final arrangements will be for the fishermen.

My word you’re tedious.

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
What will young people lose? Their ability to move freely and find employment opportunities in the other members of the EU. Many of us will lose our jobs as the economy contracts over the coming years through loss of the single market and the impact on British businesses. In turn many will lose homes etc. they've scrimped and saved for. That's the reality of the economics Brexit plunges us into, and it will impact them (a) entirely unnecessarily and (b) against their will.

Plus they have to live with the shame and embarrassment of blue passports.

#prayforthevictimsofbluepassports

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
You're extrapolating. Do I think the EU will achieve it's aims of "ever closer union"? No. Every country has a veto and many won't be happy to do so. Does this mean the EU will cease to exist? Not in my opinion. I can see a two-speed Europe becoming formalised, with a core European group (based around the Eurozone) which baselines at a level not dissimilar to where it is now, and a second tier encompassing the EEA, EFTA etc. where Britain will likely slot in (alongside Norway, Switzerland etc.). I think there will be upheaval in the EU institutions over the coming decade, but the fundamental principle wedding Europe together is structurally sound and won't be impacted. The likes of France and Germany have too much to lose by letting it fall apart, especially in a world where there are likely to be more trade wars such as we're seeing develop between Trump's America and Xi's China.

I see that Bulgaria, Hungary and Greece weren't so keen to stand shoulder to shoulder with the UK, France and Germany over alleged use of nerve agents by Russia - three countries that Russia has increasing influence over.

The worry is that Russia will exert influence on countries like this to veto EU legislation that Russia doesn't like, and with the likes of Cambridge Analytics you can see why Russia will feel they can influence elections to get compliant governments in those former Eastern bloc countries.

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
New poll out showing 57% agree that “the government should get on with implementing the result of the referendum to take Britain out of the EU and in doing so take back control of our borders, laws, money and trade”. 22% Disagree. Also a majority in favour of getting on with it across all age groups, regions and political parties. Not much sign of that disillusionment with Brexit many on here predicted.

https://order-order.com/2018/03/23/new-poll-shows-overwhelming-majority-want-get-brexit/

Ernest

Stupid IDIOT
Nov 8, 2003
LOONEY BIN
New poll out showing 57% agree that “the government should get on with implementing the result of the referendum to take Britain out of the EU and in doing so take back control of our borders, laws, money and trade”. 22% Disagree. Also a majority in favour of getting on with it across all age groups, regions and political parties. Not much sign of that disillusionment with Brexit many on here predicted.

https://order-order.com/2018/03/23/new-poll-shows-overwhelming-majority-want-get-brexit/

Guido Fawkes , nuff said

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex

A poll for Change Britain, trumpeted by Guido Fawkes blog site, shows 57% in favour of Brexit - Incredible. I never thought you'd copy and paste something like that on here.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
You're extrapolating. Do I think the EU will achieve it's aims of "ever closer union"? No. Every country has a veto and many won't be happy to do so. Does this mean the EU will cease to exist? Not in my opinion. I can see a two-speed Europe becoming formalised, with a core European group (based around the Eurozone) which baselines at a level not dissimilar to where it is now, and a second tier encompassing the EEA, EFTA etc. where Britain will likely slot in (alongside Norway, Switzerland etc.).

if EU leaders wanted a two speed Europe, Brexit referendum and meetings leading up to it would have been the opportunity to pursue that strategy. they dont want to do that. if you want to believe that they wont integrate any further, you haven't been paying attention to comments from leaders in the past year or so.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Interestingly not a peep about this on the BMG website, which would in turn list methodology used etc.

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
Interestingly not a peep about this on the BMG website, which would in turn list methodology used etc.

Nothing on Change Britian's website either. Even The Change Britain Twitter feed only has a link to The Guido Fawkes blog site article. Nothing on BMG Research's Twitter either.

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
Oh here we go - reverts to type by instant name calling in true internet tough guy fashion. I'm really frightened and I've started to cry now. :laugh:

Only undemocratic loons would be disappointed which doesn't include you as you accept the referendum result .. don't you?

I'm sorry if I terrify you so much ... perhaps it's time you put me on ignore again :kiss:

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
Only undemocratic loons would be disappointed which doesn't include you as you accept the referendum result .. don't you?

I'm sorry if I terrify you so much ... perhaps it's time you put me on ignore again :kiss:

No, you don't terrify me anymore than the results of a poll allegedly commissioned by Change Britain who haven't updated their website since 10th December terrify me.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Slightly off topic (re your comments and info provided on another thread) but if it's not too much trouble could you inform us if the primary/registration IP address for the account The Clamp is 'unique'? :angel:

Shared with one other account, but that isn't unusual. I clicked in the first of your own list of IP addresses, for example, and it is the Registration IP of 4 different NSC accounts.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Shared with one other account, but that isn't unusual. I clicked in the first of your own list of IP addresses, for example, and it is the Registration IP of 4 different NSC accounts.

:lolol:

Interesting to know.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here