Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

Surf's Up

Jul 17, 2011
Here
The row that has divided the Tory party since 1971 is just about to reach its climax and take the ****ing country to he'll in a handcart....Tory *****

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
Explain how, without using any of the bingo words provided to you, by the right wing press.

they are clearly just as split (maybe not as deeply) over Europe. they cant talk to the public about it honestly with strained semantics over staying in "a" or "the" customs union and Umunna calling for a "peoples vote" pretending not to be a second referendum. and thats before you get to their economic policy to write a £500bn open cheque for everyone to fight over.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
Fine trolling by Tusk

Politicians come and go but the problems they have created for people remain. I can only regret that the idea of #Brexit has not left with Davis and Johnson. But...who knows?

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
Are you a remainer or a Brexiteer? Whichever way I hope you didn't vote.

I watched HOURS and HOURS of debate. I couldn't tell you five definitive pros and cons to leaving the EU. Every time a 'fact' was said, the other side shot it down. I would be DELIGHTED if you could tell 5 pros and cons which can't possibly be argued?

The whole debate was farcical and boiled down to the Leave campaign putting NONSENSE slogans on busses to attract the masses and each other constantly accusing the other of scaremongering.

I have absolutely no shame at all in saying I didn't understand it and I am certainly not alone.

I was COMPLETELY willing to vote Leave. 100% open to be convinced. But neither side convinced me either way.

I believe in exercising my right to vote so I voted Remain as I am relatively happy with how things are and did not understand fully what leaving meant. I'm not using my vote on an ill-informed gamble. I have absolutely no animosity to someone who voted Leave. I find that quite worrying you think I shouldn't have used my vote when the option was "stay as we are" or "other". Surely, by default, if you are not convinced by the 'other' then you should use your vote to keep things as they are?!

Again, I will not be made to feel like I'm a fool for daring to admit it wasn't clear to me. The whole nonsense afterwards (for 2 years now) has, I believe, very much backed my belief that the whole thing was flimsy.

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
they are clearly just as split (maybe not as deeply) over Europe. they cant talk to the public about it honestly with strained semantics over staying in "a" or "the" customs union and Umunna calling for a "peoples vote" pretending not to be a second referendum. and thats before you get to their economic policy to write a £500bn open cheque for everyone to fight over.

Their economic policy is only as far fetched as May's "Brexit dividend" idea though. Pie in the sky nonsense.

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
Why? After all, that didn't seem to be a barrier for anyone else. The point is that nobody really knew what Brexit actually meant.
But i keep reading comments from remainers saying that people shouldn't have voted for Brexit as they didn't know what it meant. Surely that works both ways?

Edit. Why do remainers keep saying that nobody knew what Brexit meant? No one knows what continuing to be in the EU will mean in the future either.

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
I watched HOURS and HOURS of debate. I couldn't tell you five definitive pros and cons to leaving the EU. Every time a 'fact' was said, the other side shot it down. I would be DELIGHTED if you could tell 5 pros and cons which can't possibly be argued?

The whole debate was farcical and boiled down to the Leave campaign putting NONSENSE slogans on busses to attract the masses and each other constantly accusing the other of scaremongering.

I have absolutely no shame at all in saying I didn't understand it and I am certainly not alone.

I was COMPLETELY willing to vote Leave. 100% open to be convinced. But neither side convinced me either way.

I believe in exercising my right to vote so I voted Remain as I am relatively happy with how things are and did not understand fully what leaving meant. I'm not using my vote on an ill-informed gamble. I have absolutely no animosity to someone who voted Leave. I find that quite worrying you think I shouldn't have used my vote when the option was "stay as we are" or "other". Surely, by default, if you are not convinced by the 'other' then you should use your vote to keep things as they are?!

Again, I will not be made to feel like I'm a fool for daring to admit it wasn't clear to me. The whole nonsense afterwards (for 2 years now) has, I believe, very much backed my belief that the whole thing was flimsy.

Could not have put it better and exactly how I felt and voted.

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne

I pretty much agree with all of that. And i also admire your openness and honesty. But if a requirement for understanding everything about an election or vote was needed, then who would actually vote?

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
I believe in exercising my right to vote so I voted Remain as I am relatively happy with how things are and did not understand fully what leaving meant.
I have absolutely no animosity to someone who voted Leave.
You're not going to fit in here.

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
But i keep reading comments from remainers saying that people shouldn't have voted for Brexit as they didn't know what it meant. Surely that works both ways?

Of course it doesn't

We started the campaign already as Remain.

Leaving was the option. Remain was how we were to begin win. If you don't understand what Leave means and was concerned by that, then voting Remain to keep things as they are made complete sense.

JCL666

absurdism
Sep 23, 2011

:bowdown:

Encapsulates EXACTLY how I felt at the time and now.

Doc Lynam

I hate the Daily Mail
Jun 19, 2011
I'll wait to hear what Michael Gove has to say on the current situation, the man is as honest as the day is long!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here