Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

Jan 30, 2008
it's like a game OF SNAKES AND LADDERS FOR THE GRIZZLERS ON HERE, JUST WHEN THEY THINK THEY'RE GETTING SOMEWHERE THE END UP WHERE THEY STARTED FROM , , we're on our way chaps with a no deal, don't have nightmares
regards
DR

WATFORD zero

NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Jul 10, 2003
OR NO DEAL
regards
DR

220px-Noel_Edmonds_2006.jpg

It's a phrase ready made for stupid ****s :lolol:

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter
Reckon EU rules trump the Good Friday Agreement. Besides, any hard border would be reintroduced for economic rather than security reasons. Seems a bit of a no-brainer really. A Red/Green/Blue channel arrangement would work as at present shirley?

It's the WTO who are insisting on a hard border if there is no deal. You know, that unelected body, we will have to answer to, to be able to trade with anybody.

We are throwing out all our trade deals, free market, tarrif free just to have to start all over again with the same countries who will all have their own agenda.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
It's the WTO who are insisting on a hard border if there is no deal. You know, that unelected body, we will have to answer to, to be able to trade with anybody.

We are throwing out all our trade deals, free market, tarrif free just to have to start all over again with the same countries who will all have their own agenda.

WTO Is the lowest level default level safety net for any nation wanting to trade with another level in the absence of any higher level governing rules. I guess if you opt out of WTO you opt out of any mutually-agreed rules at all and are reduced to bartering via email and phone calls.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

jaghebby

Mar 18, 2013
BREXIT IN A NUTSHELL | Or should that be eggshell?

LEAVER: I want an omelette.

REMAINER: Right. It’s just we haven’t got any eggs.

LEAVER: Yes, we have. There they are. [HE POINTS AT A CAKE]

REMAINER: They’re in the cake.

LEAVER: Yes, get them out of the cake, please.

REMAINER: But we voted in 1975 to put them into a cake.

LEAVER: Yes, but that cake has got icing on it. Nobody said there was going to be icing on it.

REMAINER: Icing is good.

LEAVER: And there are raisins in it. I don’t like raisins. Nobody mentioned raisins. I demand another vote.

DAVID CAMERON ENTERS.

DAVID CAMERON: OK.

DAVID CAMERON SCARPERS.

LEAVER: Right, where’s my omelette?

REMAINER: I told you, the eggs are in the cake.

LEAVER: Well, get them out.

EU: It’s our cake.

JEREMY CORBYN: Yes, get them out now.

REMAINER: I have absolutely no idea how to get them out. Don’t you know how to get them out?

LEAVER: Yes! You just get them out and then you make an omelette.

REMAINER: But how?! Didn’t you give this any thought?

LEAVER: Saboteur! You’re talking eggs down. We could make omelettes before the eggs went into the cake, so there’s no reason why we can’t make them now.

THERESA MAY: It’s OK, I can do it.

REMAINER: How?

THERESA MAY: There was a vote to remove the eggs from the cake, and so the eggs will be removed from the cake.

REMAINER: Yeah, but…

LEAVER: Hang on, if we take the eggs out of the cake, does that mean we don’t have any cake? I didn’t say I didn’t want the cake, just the bits I don’t like.

REMAINER: But you can’t take the eggs out of the cake and then still have a cake.

LEAVER: You can. I saw the latest Bake Off and you can definitely make cakes without eggs in them. It’s just that they’re horrible.

REMAINER: Fine. Take the eggs out. See what happens.

LEAVER: It’s not my responsibility to take the eggs out. Get on with it.

REMAINER: Why should I have to come up with some long-winded incredibly difficult chemical process to extract eggs that have bonded at the molecular level to the cake, while somehow still having the cake?

LEAVER: You lost, get over it.

THERESA MAY: By the way, I’ve started the clock on this.

REMAINER: So I assume you have a plan?

THERESA MAY: Actually, back in a bit. Just having another election.

REMAINER: Jeremy, are you going to sort this out?

JEREMY CORBYN: Yes. No. Maybe.

LEAVER: Where’s my omelette? I voted for an omelette.

REMAINER: This is ridiculous. This is never going to work. We should have another vote, or at least stop what we’re doing until we know how to get the eggs out of the cake while keeping the bits of the cake that we all like.

LEAVER/MAY/CORBYN: WE HAD A VOTE. STOP SABOTAGING THE WILL OF THE PEOPLE. EGGSIT MEANS EGGSIT.

REMAINER: Fine, I’m moving to France. The cakes are nicer there.

LEAVER: You can’t. We’ve taken your freedom of movement.

Saw this and it seems to sum up where we are at in a humorous way. If that is at all possible!

Sent from my VTR-L09 using Tapatalk

pb21

Apr 23, 2010
BREXIT IN A NUTSHELL

REMAINER: Why should I have to come up with some long-winded incredibly difficult chemical process to extract eggs that have bonded at the molecular level to the cake, while somehow still having the cake?

LEAVER: You lost, get over it.

:lolol:

Definitely a very British trait to be able to continue to laugh and see the bright side of things as your house burns down, in a fire started by your neighbours, who are now blaming you for not being able to put it out.

golddene

Jul 28, 2012
If the UK government refuse to put in place a hard border on UK's side of the border, is there anything to stop EU/Eire just unilaterally setting one up on their side of the border? Seems to me that though NI/Eire may share an island, they're different countries and should be regarded as such, complete with any economic-area-based barriers as may be necessary. And, as always, the DUP should be told to **** right off, even if it means the end of the pitifully slim Tory government majority.

I think a border is just about impossible to implement by either side UK or EU, 310 miles of border with as many as 275 crossing points depending whether tracks are counted? Good luck with that THPP

daveinplzen

Aug 31, 2018
It would have been much quicker to have typed "I can't show you where you said it". Joining the group of liars I see.

Not at all. You have been in the group of nitwits from the beginning. You were talking about visas. Try and remember.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here