Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath
3. We aren't using the Euro, we've still got the pound.
4. Exemption from Euro bailouts

https://fullfact.org/europe/will-uk-pay-future-eurozone-bailouts/.

Are we supposed to thank them for not forcing a new currency on us?
And thank them even more for not forcing us to bail out a foreign currency? Why would we bail out the eurozone when we're not in it :shrug:

These aren't concessions by any stretch of the imagination, the fact that you just constantly regurgitate every falsehood you read on Twitter is irrefutable proof that you don't know what you're talking about!

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
It’s no secret Boris idolises Churchill. Sadly he is very much closer to the dumb insurance dog than our great war leader. Absolute joke of a politician that has damaged our country immeasurably on many occasions. I loath him as much as Trump these days.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
:clap2::clap2::clap2:

Boris Johnson only thinks about Boris Johnson. His comments about business just last week.

James O'Brien isn't too impressed either.

https://twitter.com/LBC/status/1016309772084277255

[tweet]1016309772084277255[/tweet]

James O'Brien is unashamably and aggressively anti-Tory, pro-Remain and left wing.

I like this clip best, where Sky's snide bully Kay Burley tried to crush him, but he destroyed her.

(NOTHING TO DO WITH POLITICS, BY THE WAY).

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
May's soft Brexit is dead in the water anyway. Labour has already said they won't vote for it and many many Tory MP's won't vote for it plus the EU probably won't accept it unless even more concessions are extracted from the Uk which would cause the Tories to implode.

I expect the odds on a no deal are shortening after today's events. :whistle:

D

Deleted member 22389

And thank them even more for not forcing us to bail out a foreign currency? Why would we bail out the eurozone when we're not in it :shrug:

These aren't concessions by any stretch of the imagination, the fact that you just constantly regurgitate every falsehood you read on Twitter is irrefutable proof that you don't know what you're talking about!

Would be good if we could unplug twitter permanantly. I bloody hate it.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Me too. Let's hope not:)

I hate to break it to you but it’s been turning for some time now and Todays probably the half way mark. Whether it goes any further and we sail off on 270 degrees into neither here nor there lands remains to be seen. But I think it’s the most likely, a compromise that everyone’s unhappy with.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
Mother-of-three Dawn Sturgess, 44, died on Sunday evening after falling ill in Amesbury on 30 June.
Her partner, Charlie Rowley, 45, who was also exposed to the nerve agent, remains critically ill in hospital.

British citizens on British soil and agents of a foreign government stand accused of the murder of Dawn Sturgess.
What sort of Foreign Secretary deems this an appropriate time to resign?

A self centered one obviously.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat

We had the choice. The other EU countries don't force anything onto anyone. We chose not to join the euro. Freedom of choice.

Hampster Gull

Dec 22, 2010
Our friends are even pitying us now.

“The former Swedish prime minister Carl Bildt tweeted on Monday that Britain "used to be a nation providing leadership to the world - now, it can't even provide leadership to itself"”

To those who think this increases the chance of no deal, perhaps think about another general election as the Tories can’t work together. Red Corbyn in and soft or no Brexit secured

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
One might think that Goldsmith may have been smarter than to use a BUS analogy when discussing Johnson, oh no.

You have to almost question the sanity of someone defending Boris Johnson's integrity - They live in a f*****g bubble.

And guess what? You can't polish a bubble.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
I can categorically state I, a sad snowflake remoaner, have no influence over the Brexit process. I'm touched, though, that you think I have :kiss:
Of course you don't, and I never suggested you did! But, even as a 'snowflake remoaner' :)smile:) you can't seriously believe that the huge remain factions in Westminster and Whitehall have done their damdest to hamper the government's negotiations* at every twist and turn?

'Hamper the government's negotiations' - you've probably heard them dress this up in expressions like 'holding the government to account'......you know, a bit like Gina Miller claiming she didn't actually want to stop Brexit..........................

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat

Prove them false. I'll give you 24 hours.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
I expect the odds on a no deal are shortening after today's events. :whistle:

trouble is there's no credible plan for exiting without a deal. we look forward to telling Mr Barnier we withdraw Article 50 and hope that's accepted gracefully and they dont try and put some riders on like joining the Euro etc.

Hampster Gull

Dec 22, 2010

Not everyone lives in a do as I say world, command and control stuff, know who the boss is etc. Most have moved on to collaboration and negotiation to make progress, that’s at the core of the EU.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Move now then seeing as you hate the UK so much

I don't hate the UK, as you well know. In fact, I love the UK, the monarchy, served in the armed forces, worked for the Crown ProsecutionService etc.

If Brexit happens, I will lose my European citizenship, so will be unable to move anywhere as I'm retired. Freedom of Movement will have been taken away from me.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
James O'Brien is unashamably and aggressively anti-Tory, pro-Remain and left wing.

I like this clip best, where Sky's snide bully Kay Burley tried to crush him, but he destroyed her.

(NOTHING TO DO WITH POLITICS, BY THE WAY).

That’s was well worth a watch, thanks Westy. Go James Go!

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
We had the choice. The other EU countries don't force anything onto anyone. We chose not to join the euro. Freedom of choice.

if we could chose anything we wouldnt be here. optouts are a treaty away from being removed.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here