Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
:rotlf:

Because Faisal Islam reports unbiased news

Coming from you who always writes unbiased, measured, balanced posts and personal opinions and never espouses just hot air, personal wish lists and fantasies on Brexit. :rolleyes:

If I actually cared what you thought about Brexit anymore, I'd chuckle at that.

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
Coming from you who always writes unbiased, measured, balanced posts and personal opinions and never espouses just hot air, just personal wish lists and fantasies on .

Yep thats me, i will give you the Brexit truth
No need for third party fake news twitter lies from me.........cheers.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patreon
Jul 10, 2003
And don’t forget many MP`s were going to reject the EU/UK deal on the basis that if they did this would force The EU to renegotiate and compromise on the main sticking point-The Backstop.
Cynics would say the May roadshow is simply a calculated political sham to confirm from the EU that this really is the only deal on the table and to focus minds of those that thought rejecting the deal could lead to an extra compromise.
Political commentators are noting that while senior figures say this is the only deal, no signed declaration is forthcoming from the Council saying negotiations have concluded and that this declaration cant be issued anyway when you note approval is still needed from the EU parliament, after which approval is needed by the European Council by qualified majority and the Elephant in the room option of extending negotiations according to Article 50 is still a legal option.
Whatever people say to the contrary, when the votes start to offer reality, the possibility of still getting around the table is an option that is still open

clutching-at-straws.jpg

Tubby-McFat-Fuc

May 2, 2013
Brighton
If you think they need us more, then I understand why you think it's the EU that will back down.
I think you have badly miscalculated, only Ireland may be worse off than us in a no deal situation, but it has the EU to help it recover.

How? The EU is broke. Spain will need help soon. Italy will need help soon. Ireland will need help soon. Maybe even France will need help soon. Financially where is all that help coming from , now that the UK will not be giving them money. Germany. I am sure that will go down well in a country where the far right are gaining strength at an alarming rate.

Tubby-McFat-Fuc

May 2, 2013
Brighton
Yes. If comes down to No Deal vs withdraw article 50 I think parliament will opt for the latter.

Then democracy will be dead in the UK.

Elections will need nothing, as parliament will do want it wants, not what it is told by the people.

I think I would rather gamble on a no deal than risk what would if parliament over ruled the people. I don't think any MP could every truly feel safe again.

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
How? The EU is broke. Spain will need help soon. Italy will need help soon. Ireland will need help soon. Maybe even France will need help soon. Financially where is all that help coming from , now that the UK will not be giving them money. Germany. I am sure that will go down well in a country where the far right are gaining strength at an alarming rate.

And we'll need help soon.

FFS do you think we're bomb proof?

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003

Elections will need nothing, as parliament will do want it wants, not what it is told by the people.

I think I would rather gamble on a no deal than risk what would if parliament over ruled the people. I don't think any MP could every truly feel safe again.
Nothing to do with elections. It's one of the most annoying aspects on both sides that people use a false analogy to make a point.

Sent from my BLA-L09 using Tapatalk

Tubby-McFat-Fuc

May 2, 2013
Brighton
Lol tubby. I want some of whatever you are smoking. Wow.

I think you do. Its called reality.

Or are you one of those scared that if we leave without a deal, the EU puts up the shutters, we run of of medicine and all our planes are grounded on 30th March?

Because I think there are more than a few on here that think that way. And if that's what you think, you maybe need have a long hard think to yourself.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford

This is about the fifth time in the last three pages, you’ve made your third-party threats to MPs safety.

Obviously you’ll reply that you don’t mean that YOU would do anything ontoward - just happy to contribute to a general air of threat.

“Do what we want or else suffer the consequences”. Exactly the kind of insidious, cowardly rhetoric that can ultimately be self-perpetuating. Do you work for the Mail?

Quite unpleasant, really.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patreon
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
This is about the fifth time in the last three pages, you’ve made your third-party threats to MPs safety.

Obviously you’ll reply that you don’t mean that YOU would do anything ontoward - just happy to contribute to a general air of threat.

“Do what we want or else suffer the consequences”. Exactly the kind of insidious, cowardly rhetoric that can ultimately be self-perpetuating. Do you work for the Mail?

Project fear.

No one will do anything, maybe a few idiots.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008

WATFORD zero

NSC Patreon
Jul 10, 2003
I think you do. Its called reality.

Or are you one of those scared that if we leave without a deal, the EU puts up the shutters, we run of of medicine and all our planes are grounded on 30th March?

Because I think there are more than a few on here that think that way. And if that's what you think, you maybe need have a long hard think to yourself.

Are these posts some sort of bid for PPfs or Two profs title ?

Because stupid as these posts are, I think you underestimate how low they have set the bar :lolol:

Here's the last time we had this conversation, and you had no answers and flounced off :flounce:

http://www.northstandchat.com/showthread.php?343854-BrExit-the-countdown-to-11PM-GMT-on-Friday-29th-of-March-2019&p=8664829&viewfull=1#post8664829

Driver8

On the road...
NSC Patreon
Jul 31, 2005
North Wales

The pathetic turn out at Yaxley-Lennon’s “Save Brexit” demo the other day is a reasonable indicator of what is likely to happen.

pb21

Apr 23, 2010
We have had a lot threats and insulations of violence against others and arson etc. from some of the more shouty brexiteers recently.

A second different vote 2.5/3 years after the first would 100% not be undemocratic and /or the death of democracy or anything similar. Some just wouldn’t like it and are happy to indulge in inciting violence or taking part to prevent it happening.

That would be undemocratic, but unfortunately not really a surprise.

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
Project fear.

No one will do anything, maybe a few idiots.

There'll more likely just be a small demo like on Sunday with Stephen Yaxley-Lennon, a few bald blokes from Essex, a handful of elderly people who like Kenneth More war films and some overweight Northern women who had to vote for Brexit because they don't like buying their Regal cigarettes from a newsagent born in Lahore.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patreon
Jul 10, 2003
Without a second vote, how the hell do we find out what leavers were voting for, TMs deal or 'no deal' ?

Or is who shouts loudest a more democratic way :rolleyes:

Last edited:

Berty23

Jun 26, 2012

Arguably democracy could be considered dead if a vote based on lies from both sides that was under investigation for criminal behaviour was not allowed to be run once people know why they are voting for. Or is democracy a one off process these days?

WATFORD zero

NSC Patreon
Jul 10, 2003
There'll more likely just be a small demo like on Sunday with Stephen Yaxley-Lennon, a few bald blokes from Essex, a handful of elderly people who like Kenneth More war films and some overweight Northern women who had to vote for Brexit because they don't like buying their Regal cigarettes from a newsagent born in Lahore.

You're not picking on middle-aged, overweight, shaven headed people are you ?

We are an oppressed minority as it is :down:

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here