Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

AK74

Bright-eyed. Bushy-tailed. GSOH.
NSC Patron
Jan 19, 2010
Read a very interesting prediction of the future last night,where all countries were in groups forced to exist by over-population and natural resources.The EU no longer existed as it had no natural resources,like Japan,and the countries had fallen into alliances with Russia,Africa,China,and India.Great Britain was in the Atlantic alliance with the US and Canada.So all this EU stuff won't last much longer anyway,as they are nett importers.No rare earths,no gold,silver,or uranium,no diamonds.As the rest of the world catches up in industrial output,no future.Bye-bye EU.

Source please. I'd like to read this.

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
Yeah all worth it, sterling goes sub 1.3 on USD for first time since last September.

Better hope we're on a run of decent summers now, for many overseas holidays will soon be out of reach

:tumble::tumble::tumble::tumble::tumble::tumble::tumble::tumble::tumble::tumble::tumble::yawn::yawn::yawn::yawn::yawn:

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath
Where exactly am I presenting a press release by The Road Haulage Association, concerned that the White Paper doesn't go far enough to address their concerns, as being a fact of what will happen?

You quoted a post with the words "7 million permits will be needed". You posted a message of support and didn't correct the statement in any way.

It's standard tactics which allows you perpetuate rubbish and then backtrack when someone calls you out.

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
Source please. I'd like to read this.

Sorry,it's on a closed Facebook group,so unable to copy.Uni guys,so hopefully might get published.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Read a very interesting prediction of the future last night,where all countries were in groups forced to exist by over-population and natural resources.The EU no longer existed as it had no natural resources,like Japan,and the countries had fallen into alliances with Russia,Africa,China,and India.Great Britain was in the Atlantic alliance with the US and Canada.So all this EU stuff won't last much longer anyway,as they are nett importers.No rare earths,no gold,silver,or uranium,no diamonds.As the rest of the world catches up in industrial output,no future.Bye-bye EU.

:facepalm: Have you spotted the very obvious flaw to this argument?

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
You quoted a post with the words "7 million permits will be needed". You posted a message of support and didn't correct the statement in any way.

It's standard tactics which allows you perpetuate rubbish and then backtrack when someone calls you out.

Oh okay, I just quoted and replied to someone on the thread, thanks for confirming that I didn't.

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
:facepalm: Have you spotted the very obvious flaw to this argument?

No,but then I'm just a thicky,not one of the elite.Don't tell me,Germany conquer Russia this time?

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
I see - so it's one rule for LibDems who are expected to get right behind Brexit now despite it being a shambles - and one for Farage who is allowed to say - completely unchallenged by you - that the referendum result would have meant nothing had it been 52-48 the other way.

Hypocrite.

He didnt say the referendum result would have meant nothing if it went the other way did he.
Thats you interpretating what he actually said to fit your agenda because you are angry and no doubt a lib dem weasel

Anyone with half an ounce of intelligence can surmise that if it was close with a remain victory there was still fight in the cause to leave and another referendum at a later date, it would certainly not be game over to leave the EU. He never said if remain won it meant nothing and they shouldnt somehow be allowed to remain........which is what the weasel remoaners are doing now with leave

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath

Is the UK called airstrip 1? This sounds familiar :lolol:

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Sorry,it's on a closed Facebook group,so unable to copy.Uni guys,so hopefully might get published.

Convenient. Good job that you’re a truthful and honest person, otherwise we might not believe you :wink:

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Sounds a bit kremlin-y. Was the author a Mr V. Putin ?

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
He didnt say the referendum result would have meant nothing if it went the other way did he.
Thats you interpretating what he actually said to fit your agenda because you are angry and no doubt a lib dem weasel

Anyone with half an ounce of intelligence can surmise that if it was close with a remain victory there was still fight in the cause to leave and another referendum at a later date, it would certainly not be game over to leave the EU. He never said if remain won it meant nothing and they shouldnt somehow be allowed to remain........which is what the weasel remoaners are doing now with leave
Just noise. The fact is, remainers are only doing exactly what Farage did. You're a duplicitous hypocritical weasel dressing it up to suit your own argument.

Alternatively, a Lib Dem speaks:
"Anyone with half an ounce of intelligence can surmise that if it was close with a leave victory there was still fight in the cause to remain" .

Do you see what I did there?

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
No,but then I'm just a thicky,not one of the elite.Don't tell me,Germany conquer Russia this time?

It assumes the others industrial output catches up, but the EU remains static. That’s quite a caveat in such a fast moving industrial and technological world.

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
It assumes the others industrial output catches up, but the EU remains static. That’s quite a caveat in such a fast moving industrial and technological world.

Anything is possible.If industrialists just profit-take and fail to invest in new technology/techniques,they eventually get overtaken by people starting with a blank canvas.

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
You know what you did, you're the kid in the playground who eggs on the other children to do something bad and then runs away and lets them take the blame when the teacher catches them.

I was just talking to someone else, perhaps you should now, as in all honesty I'm too concerned what you think I did, am, or otherwise.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here