Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
There never was a £350M because it was/is not sent. The rebates are deducted before anything is sent, so a lot more than disingenuous.
It was/is downright deceptive.
I know. That's what political parties are like before general elections too.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Major protests in France, Belgium and Hungary over the weekend. I feel we are seeing the beginning of the end of the EU.

It is astonishing how many leave voters love saying stuff like this. It has absolutely no basis in reality whatsoever. Protests are nothing new are they?

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Do you find it mildly disingenuous that politicians who advocate a smaller state and much lower taxation offer the money saved by leaving the EU to the public sector at all ?
I find most politicians disingenuous.

On the subject of the bus, who came up with the idea? Was it one of the campaign workers, someone from marketing? Which politicians actually agreed to the advert on the bus? There's no point singling it out and criticising every leave politician about it when most would have known nothing about it.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Unemployment figures are so easy to fiddle. Work 8 hours a week on zero hours contracts? You're not unemployed.
Raab was boastimg about the wage rises this year being the highest in ten years whilst posting a graph which illustrated how much the standard of living has gone down since the Tories took over.
Obviously wages etc fell after the 2008 crash, and it's no surprise that we're still in a worse position than before that crash. No point pretending that's down to the Tories.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Obviously wages etc fell after the 2008 crash, and it's no surprise that we're still in a worse position than before that crash. No point pretending that's down to the Tories.

And continued falling, then a slight rise, until 2016 when it fell again.

It's the claiming the rise this year is such a great thing, when in real terms, it's not.

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
I find most politicians disingenuous.

On the subject of the bus, who came up with the idea? Was it one of the campaign workers, someone from marketing? Which politicians actually agreed to the advert on the bus? There's no point singling it out and criticising every leave politician about it when most would have known nothing about it.

Campaign workers, someone from marketing? - It was Dominic Cummings, Campaign Director of Vote Leave, aided and abetted by Chief Executive Matthew Elliot - It came from the very top of the official leave campaign.

No point singling every leave politician? Johnson, Gove, Mordaunt, Duncan-Smith, Patel - they all stood in front of the bus at some point during the campaign, but if you want to defend them, that's up to you.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Major protests in France, Belgium and Hungary over the weekend. I feel we are seeing the beginning of the end of the EU.

Classic Kremlin Information Warfare talking point pushed out to multiple websites. They are messing with the minds of the UK voters, MPs, ministers etc.

Until this is resolved - shutting down RT, sputnik etc. in the UK and combatting the ripple effect of this rogue information - then we are lost and multiple referendums will only deliver the same result.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
And continued falling, then a slight rise, until 2016 when it fell again.

It's the claiming the rise this year is such a great thing, when in real terms, it's not.
Outrageous. Whatever next?

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Campaign workers, someone from marketing? - It was Dominic Cummings, Campaign Director of Vote Leave, aided and abetted by Chief Executive Matthew Elliot - It came from the very top of the official leave campaign.
So it wasn't the politicians that are advocating a smaller state and much lower taxation all then.

No point singling every leave politician? Johnson, Gove, Mordaunt, Duncan-Smith, Patel - they all stood in front of the bus at some point during the campaign
So? If they disagreed with it do you think they were supposed to put their hand up and say? :rolleyes:

Since when did politicians from any main party put their hand up just before an election to point out that they don't agree with everything said by their party in an election campaign?

but if you want to defend them, that's up to you.
I don't want to defend them, I don't like any of them, but I'd still like to stick to the facts rather than make stuff up.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003

problem is, the claim is flawed and not supported in the diagram. he probably meant wages have risen to highest level in 10 years, the graph clearly shows its not the highest rate of rise.

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
Classic Kremlin Information Warfare talking point pushed out to multiple websites. They are messing with the minds of the UK voters, MPs, ministers etc.

Until this is resolved - shutting down RT, sputnik etc. in the UK and combatting the ripple effect of this rogue information - then we are lost and multiple referendums will only deliver the same result.

So are you saying the BBC work for the Kremlin?

thick.png
as.png
sh1t.png

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
problem is, the claim is flawed and not supported in the diagram. he probably meant wages have risen to highest level in 10 years, the graph clearly shows its not the highest rate of rise.
Well it's clearly not the highest level in 10 years, it's still lower than in 2011. But I agree that it doesn't seem to show what he's claiming.

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
So it wasn't the politicians that are advocating a smaller state and much lower taxation all then.

So? If they disagreed with it do you think they were supposed to put their hand up and say? :rolleyes:

Since when did politicians from any main party put their hand up just before an election to point out that they don't agree with everything said by their party in an election campaign?

I don't want to defend them, I don't like any of them, but I'd still like to stick to the facts rather than make stuff up.

Oh how sweet - another one of your multi quote responses.

At the end of the day, they've associated themselves with something acknowledged by Cummings as a lie, as being crucial to the official leave campaign and winning a large share of it's target vote - see Duncan Smith's 'people from the council estates' comments.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Oh how sweet - another one of your multi quote responses.
Really, is that it? I multi-quote so that's it's clear what each of my points are responding to. How is that supposed to be sweet? Do you think that's what little cute children do or something? :rolleyes:

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003

I know you have your reputation to keep up Trig, but honestly

The lie was initiated and written by the marketing people employed and then approved by the vote leave campaign. They all knew it was a lie, and they all endorsed it by having their photos taken standing in front of the lie, printed on a bus. I really can't see how you can say they didn't ?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here