Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
I do not agree with your words Tory scum and Brexiters.....I do not think there is ANY opposition in Government to the Tories thats why its such a mess.
I voted for brexit and what ever you say will never make me change my mind......

We all have our opinions sometimes we dont all agree, but in a democratic world we have to agree with the vote of the majority.

At the risk of starting off a whole new argument, the vote was advisory only (as proved in law) and by no means is 17.4 million the majority. That's without mentioning the corruption, and breaking of Electoral Law, and being investigated by the National Crome Agency for organised crime.

swindonseagull

Aug 6, 2003
Swindon, but used to be Manila
At the risk of starting off a whole new argument, the vote was advisory only (as proved in law) and by no means is 17.4 million the majority. That's without mentioning the corruption, and breaking of Electoral Law, and being investigated by the National Crome Agency for organised crime.

Complete rubbish......17.4 million was the majority who bothered voting......if the rest did not vote thats their loss same as a General election.

Lincoln Imp

Feb 2, 2009
You mean that we the British stepped in to try and halt a dictator and mass murder ? Yes, I'd say that was a glorious action on our behalf. To suggest otherwise is disrespecting those who gave their lives in doing so. We could have just turned a blind eye but didn't.

Nothing's ever as simple as it looks but I agree with you. The activities of the British government from 80 years ago, with the people at its shoulder, should be a matter of pride.

There's a relevant subtext to the way British policy developed in the immediate prewar years. Although public opinion eventually swung round it was originally firmly in favour of turning its back on Europe and letting Hitler get on with whatever he was up to. If there had been a referendum on how to deal with German rearmament in (say) 1937 then 'appeasement' would have almost certainly won the day. In those circumstances should the Conservative Party have simply acquiesced and signed a peace treaty with Hitler? With the PM standing on the steps of Number 10 and announcing that 'appeasement means appeasement'? And, two and a half years after the referendum and with the situation becoming clearer by the day, should a new PM have refused to change that position?

And finally, if he did change his position, would the familiar faces be on here accusing Churchill, Halifax, whoever it was, of being an undemocratic loon?

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..

Leekbrookgull

Jul 14, 2005
Leek
I'm sure there are plenty of clapped out 2nd hand boats on the market in The Med and African coastal harbours. MOT exempt!

B9316959821Z.1_20150413103237_000_GN3AG9N3N.1-0.jpg

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003

at the risk of joining in and countering this tired old argument, Parliament voted to execute article 50.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
at the risk of joining in and countering this tired old argument, Parliament voted to execute article 50.
Indeed.

And every single MP who voted to trigger Article 50 now has to own the consequences and forget about spinning any Project Blame.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here