Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Hey, how’s the recession? Interest rate rise in a recession eh!. Wow, who’d have thought.
For someone of obviously low intellect, you just have throw insults around.

You need to do less typing and more reading. Have a read of the article I linked and get back to me with a sensible response. If you spent more time researching facts and less time posting drivel on here you would be a more interesting person.

larus

I understand all of this. And to follow your themes I’ll really really dumb my statement down for you: we said mortgages would be more expensive period. And what do we now know, mortgages are more expensive. You can waffle (simplistically) all you want but you can’t change this simple fact.

PS you have overlooked a multitude of other reasons why interest rates fluctuate. One might even think you don’t really know what you’re talking about....or have just looked up something on Google.

Mortgage rates are linked to interest rates. There’s not going to be some magical separation of the 2 after Brexit. The basic railed of finance will still apply, so your logic is totally flawed.

You are trying to link every economic statistic to Brexit.

I don’t see you talking about the record high levels of employment within the UK.
I don’t see you talk about the 40 year low in unemployment within the UK.
I don’t see you talking about the fact that the UK economies is performing much better than predicted by the so called ‘Experts’ since the vote.
If you want to say that, “We’ll, that’s because Brexit hasn’t happened yet”, then you can’t then say that the potential rise in interest rates is because of Brexit.

Just pathetic :lol:

larus

You need to do less typing and more reading. Have a read of the article I linked and get back to me with a sensible response. If you spent more time researching facts and less time posting drivel on here you would be a more interesting person.

It’s Tweedle-Dumb and Tweedle-Dumber here today. Do you message each other so you go online together?

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
It’s Tweedle-Dumb and Tweedle-Dumber here today. Do you message each other so you go online together?

Grow up. I can see why so many people put you on ignore. I've got better things to do than argue with a tosspot like you. I'm off to the beach. Layaz Playaz.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Mortgage rates are linked to interest rates. There’s not going to be some magical separation of the 2 after Brexit. The basic railed of finance will still apply, so your logic is totally flawed.

You are trying to link every economic statistic to Brexit.

I don’t see you talking about the record high levels of employment within the UK.
I don’t see you talk about the 40 year low in unemployment within the UK.
I don’t see you talking about the fact that the UK economies is performing much better than predicted by the so called ‘Experts’ since the vote.
If you want to say that, “We’ll, that’s because Brexit hasn’t happened yet”, then you can’t then say that the potential rise in interest rates is because of Brexit.

Just pathetic :lol:

What logic are you talking about? I merely said mortgages would be more expensive and I called it right. You’re the one waffling on; I’ve not given any reason whatsoever.

As for the current dire and fragile state of the U.K. economy I have commented many times, please keep up. Eye watering levels of domestic debt coupled with rock bottom productively and a massaging of employment figures with zero hour contracts, piss poor salaries propped up by the tax payer and the gig economy paints an atrocious picture to me. When I consider the economy I see and experience every day and compare it to back home it’s utterly shocking.....are you going to deny this?

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Grow up. I can see why so many people put you on ignore. I've got better things to do than argue with a tosspot like you. I'm off to the beach. Layaz Playaz.

Quite. I’m off to my insides around the outside of a craft beer

larus

What logic are you talking about? I merely said mortgages would be more expensive and I called it right. You’re the one waffling on; I’ve not given any reason whatsoever.

As for the current dire and fragile state of the U.K. economy I have commented many times, please keep up. Eye watering levels of domestic debt coupled with rock bottom productively and a massaging of employment figures with zero hour contracts, piss poor salaries propped up by the tax payer and the gig economy paints an atrocious picture to me. When I consider the economy I see and experience every day and compare it to back home it’s utterly shocking.....are you going to deny this?

Well Einstein. Anyone could have told you that mortgages would get more expensei in the future and called it right. It's not exactly a surprise.

Interest rates at record LOWS due to the financial crisis. You say that you said they would go up in the future. Wow, it's f*cking Nostradamus :lol:. I'll say one thing for you, your delusion is complete. You really do think you are the panacea of wisdom. I think it's all that lubrication out there for you.

Want to talk about the EU and youth unemployment in Greece, Italy, Spain, Portugal. The huge level of debt in Italy, Spain, Portugal, Ireland, Greece, France. And, most of the recetn job rises have been full-time, permanant jobs, but don't let your prejudice get in the way of facts.

I'm out of here now - you 2 are just deluded.

D

Deleted member 22389

Massaging of employment figures, zero hour contracts, piss poor salaries, the same could be applied to many countries in the EU. Let's not pretend the EU is doing great, because it's not, it's shit in some countries and has always been shit, otherwise Europeans wouldn't come to the UK looking for work.

As for mortgages, well it's obvious they would go up over the time.
Have a good weekend

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
As for mortgages, well it's obvious they would go up over the time.

To us Remainers yes it was. As well as the general cost of living, inflation and the Irish border etc etc.

Jan 30, 2008
You really are fast becoming NSC's biggest mouth, aren't you. Have a read of this before you post another load of tripe.

https://www.economicshelp.org/macroeconomics/monetary-policy/effect-raising-interest-rates/

As you can see, higher interest rates are a significant step on the way to the recession I predicted and am still being mocked for. We shall see. We shall see.

Interest rates and recession
Rising interest rates can cause a recession. The UK has experienced two major recessions, caused by a sharp rise in interest rates.

uk-base-rates-79-17

In 1979/80, interest rates were increased to 17% as the new Conservative government tried to control inflation (they pursued a form of monetarism). In 1980 and 81, the UK went into recession, due to the high-interest rates and appreciation in Sterling. (see Recession 1981) Interest rates also rose to 15% to tackle high inflation of the late 1980s (and also protect value of Pound in ERM.
yep, we were in the common market as well :dunce::dunce::dunce::dunce::dunce::dunce::dunce:
regards
DR

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
Just like your pal Loony using the phrase "Buzztard". Very selective whom you pull up on this kind of thing aren't you.

I was not aware of 'Buzztard' until I saw your post,and when I looked it up (yes,on Google before empty head says anything) I was directed to a jewelry manufacturer in Bucharest?I'm sorry,but I can't be offended by that,whereas Mental Veggie used something that converts to 'spastic retard',not something a normal,sane person would use.

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Did I hear correctly that May was threatening to strop off if she lost an upcoming vote ? ???

Excellent news if true.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
I was not aware of 'Buzztard' until I saw your post,and when I looked it up (yes,on Google before empty head says anything) I was directed to a jewelry manufacturer in Bucharest?I'm sorry,but I can't be offended by that,whereas Mental Veggie used something that converts to 'spastic retard',not something a normal,sane person would use.

You are a disingenuous coward.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
A very poor human indeed.

If it wasn’t for Brexit he’d have nothing. His character is totally and utterly defined by it. I do wonder if he chose Brexit just so he could have some friends.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here