Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

Garry Nelson's teacher

May 11, 2015
Bloody Worthing!
Good grief - I can only assume English isn't your first language as you seem to struggle to understand it. I'm interested in animal welfare - I've used Foie Gras as an example of the EU preventing the UK from implementing an action against such a poor practice. I haven't said animal welfare coming under UK control is the ONLY positive, the question was to suggest A positive - note the singular ( that means one by the way ).

Well I'm a Remainer and I think you've made a valid point on the Foie Gras issue. I'm not saying I'd weight it equally against the very many negatives that I see in Brexit but I get it and I also see that you are just using this as one example. Bugger! I think Boris's 'reaching out' speech might have got to me!

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
Not a bit of it old boy, please do engage in pedantry. I would just point out that if you plan on going head to head with me on subjects like this, bring your very best game to the field because at the moment you are getting spanked in front of your home crowd. I think Boris's huge letdown of you and your cause has upset your mob on here today so I'm gonna give you a reprieve and not press it.
I have some videotapes to return. Layaz Playaz. Keep it greasy.

Given your current responses to anything are ridiculous pictures, insults, incomprehensible arrogance or just running away from the debate as fast as your little remainer legs can carry you, I'd suggest he easily came out on top of your 'head to head'

Last edited:

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Given your current responses to anything are ridiculous pictures, insults, incomprehensible arrogance or just running away from the debate as fast as your little remainer legs can carry you, I'd suggest easily come out on top of your 'head to head'

bp.gif

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
He did write a very entertaining book about the great man. :thumbsup:

51whvk355vL.jpg

As his grandson has already said, he didn't think the great man would have voted for Brexit. He saw what the world was like before a United Europe

DTES

Jul 7, 2003
London
As his grandson has already said, he didn't think the great man would have voted for Brexit. He saw what the world was like before a United Europe

"We must build a United States of Europe" - words of Winston Churchill himself. The full speech is here if anyone's got a lot of time on their hands this afternoon: http://www.churchill-society-london.org.uk/astonish.html

On the basis of this speech, I'd say it's almost certain that Sir Winston would have been a Remainer.

BigGully

Sep 8, 2006
"We must build a United States of Europe" - words of Winston Churchill himself. The full speech is here if anyone's got a lot of time on their hands this afternoon: http://www.churchill-society-london.org.uk/astonish.html

On the basis of this speech, I'd say it's almost certain that Sir Winston would have been a Remainer.

Ahh come on, this is a speech dated September 1946, if you just transport his words to 2018 without any context of the era then Churchill might find himself called many things.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Especially as Northern Ireland is going back to direct rule now too.

[tweet]963805046717730819[/tweet]

Tories: ripping the nation apart. What a total mess they’re making of everything.

Blue3

Jan 27, 2014
Lancing
I'll give you a positive once we LEAVE ( it's rather pointless suggesting a positive before then as nothing has actually changed - i.e. we're still in the EU ).

Animal welfare - for example, we'll be able to ban the import of Foie Gras once out of the EU. We can't do that at the moment. Or indeed live animal exports / imports.

Mean while in the real world the independent reported

"The eurozone posted strong industrial production figures for December, while growth data confirmed that the bloc’s economy enjoyed its fastest growth rate in a decade last year – in sharp contrast to the situation in the UK.

The 19 countries which share the euro saw industrial production expand by 0.4 per cent in December from the previous month, taking the year-on-year gain to 5.2 per cent.

Economists polled by Reuters prior to the release of the new data had pencilled in a 0.2 per cent monthly gain and a 4.2 per cent annual increase."

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex

Its probably best to quote what his grandson actually concluded with rather than leave that out.
“How can I possibly tell? How can anyone tell? So I think we have to say it’s one of the great unknowns. What do you think Henry VIII would have thought of it?”.

Well yes, but he was clealy talking in that speech about mainland Europe and a USE run by France and Germany, and we will be mates on the outside.
Pretty much what is being proposed all those years later today.

“In all this urgent work, France and Germany must take the lead together. Great Britain, the British Commonwealth of Nations, mighty America, and I trust Soviet Russia - for then indeed all would be well - must be the friends and sponsors of the new Europe and must champion its right to live and shine.”

And if you wanted further clarification from Churchill.

"We see nothing but good and hope in a richer, freer, more contented European commonalty. But we have our own dream and our own task. We are with Europe, but not of it. We are linked, but not comprised. We are interested and associated, but not absorbed. And should European statesmen address us in the words which were used of old, 'Wouldest thou be spoken for to the king, or the captain of the host?', we should reply, with the Shunammite woman: 'I dwell among mine own people."

Remainers are obsessed with Churchill and get themselves in a right muddle over it.
He died before we joined the EEC and clearly wasn’t around to see membership morph into a wholly different body The EU, the version of Europe which we voted on in 2016. It reeks rather of desperation more than anything else to link Churchill to putting a tick in the remain box, when clearly its impossible to say how a dead man would vote on an economic and political institution that hadn’t even arisen in his lifetime.

Robin Hood of course would have been a Leaver as would Boudicca, Shackleton, Shakespeare,Nelson,and Charlie Darwin .......Cromwell and Guy Fawkes probably remainers though.(cough)

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
Mean while in the real world the independent reported

"The eurozone posted strong industrial production figures for December, while growth data confirmed that the bloc’s economy enjoyed its fastest growth rate in a decade last year – in sharp contrast to the situation in the UK.

The 19 countries which share the euro saw industrial production expand by 0.4 per cent in December from the previous month, taking the year-on-year gain to 5.2 per cent.

Economists polled by Reuters prior to the release of the new data had pencilled in a 0.2 per cent monthly gain and a 4.2 per cent annual increase."

Fortuitous for the Brexiteers us that our biggest and closest trading partner in doing well, it allow them to pedal the lie all in rosy in the garden with growth better than expected

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
Its probably best to quote what his grandson actually concluded with rather than leave that out.
“How can I possibly tell? How can anyone tell? So I think we have to say it’s one of the great unknowns. What do you think Henry VIII would have thought of it?”.

Henry VIII would certainly approve the way the Tories have been carrying on of late. Abuse of power and all that

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
Henry VIII would certainly approve the way the Tories have been carrying on of late. Abuse of power and all that

Of all the decent evidence in that post challenging your assertion in post #43957, you chose to pick that little throw away line to quote and challenge. Desperate indeed.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Otzi, the Swiss ice mummy would have been appalled by the idea of barriers to migration and trade in the central European area.

Jan 30, 2008
It does seem that the longer this goes on and the clearer the situation is becoming (even for those with no foresight), the more desperate the hard line Brexit supporters are getting.

With the numbers moving towards to the 'off the cliff' scenario, maybe you should have had [MENTION=11191]Pretty pink fairy[/MENTION] leading the Brexit negotiations all along ???
no need chap , we're leaving the EU and the more desperate the Grizzlers become, let's face it the media seem to want to push the grizzle agenda to some how convince others that they're in the majority :lolol:
regards
DR

Jan 30, 2008
The speech had zero substance just a load of pseudo patriotic bluster from a Tory toff. Rather similar to the Brexiters on here, just rhetoric like "It's happening", "It's all for the greater good", Britain can flourish" "Now id the time to step up and be a sovereign nation once more" with absolutely no mention of how we may achieve this "greatness".

Pathetic.

www.bbc.co.uk/news/politics/eu_referendum/results time for a reality check:thumbsup:
regards
DR

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here