Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
The political and economic benefits of leaving the EU without a deal are?

Dont fret there will be a deal to vote on........mind you the European parliament might reject it, The ERG might reject it our end, looks like Labour will reject any deal as a matter of political principle(thats helpful)..........so its treaties expire and out without a deal.
Cue usual suspect saying thats impossible

daveinplzen

Aug 31, 2018
Dont fret there will be a deal to vote on........mind you the European parliament might reject it, The ERG might reject it our end, looks like Labour will reject any deal as a matter of political principle(thats helpful)..........so its treaties expire and out without a deal.
Cue usual suspect saying thats impossible

I'm not fretting. It was a simple enough question. The question was regarding politicians and people on NSC who are calling for a no deal. Waffling around the question is a rather pathetic response.

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
I'm not fretting. It was a simple enough question. The question was regarding politicians and people on NSC who are calling for a no deal. Waffling around the question is a rather pathetic response.

So why are you pestering me then
Out of interest considering we are leaving and the aim is a good deal what are the political and economic benefits of leaving the EU with a shit deal.......like being in THE customs union, forever tied to EU international trade policy,never having any vote on that policy and never allowed to seek your own free trade deals? What are the economic and political benefits of that, not forgetting that before the referendum remainers considered this option fvcking dreadful.

daveinplzen

Aug 31, 2018
Out of interest considering we are leaving and the aim is a good deal what are the political and economic benefits of leaving the EU with a shit deal.......like being in THE customs union, forever tied to EU international trade policy,never having any vote on that policy and never allowed to seek your own free trade deals? What are the economic and political benefits of that, not forgetting that before the referendum remainers considered this option fvcking dreadful.

Pestering You? It's not my fault you didn't understand the question. You really are a serial waffler. Credit where credits due. First class whataboutism.

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley

It is dreadful, but not as terrible as no deal.

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
Pestering You? It's not my fault you didn't understand the question. You really are a serial waffler. Credit where credits due. First class whataboutism.

I did understand the question dave.......stop smoking that stuff........you know it makes you stupid.

daveinplzen

Aug 31, 2018
I did understand the question dave.......stop smoking that stuff........you know it makes you stupid.

I was talking about politicians and NSC members who are calling for 'no deal'. Your response was dribbling.

astralavi

Apr 6, 2017
Some brexiteers who claim there is a technological solution also refuse to have a backstop which they say would be indefinite, yet the backstop is temporary until there is a solution which they claim to have.

All the while accusing the EU of being difficult and wanting WTO which would break the GFA, seems totally reckless and dishonest

Last edited:

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
And the UK Withdrawal act makes it unlawful to break the terms of the GFA.

Its good to have a Mogg in the house to sometimes point out the bleeding obvious.

Yesterday

Mr Jacob Rees-Mogg (North East Somerset) (Con)
My right hon. Friend made the excellent point that it would be unlawful to have a separate customs arrangement for Northern Ireland. Why did that point escape the negotiators until so late in the process?

The Prime Minister
The point about not having a customs border down the Irish sea is not one that has escaped negotiators. We have been very clear: we were clear when the proposal was first published by the European Union earlier this year and we have consistently been clear that such an arrangement was one that the UK Government could not accept.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
I now hope there is a no deal, this is the only way to provide demonstrable evidence of the folly
*No deal* resulting in a financial crisis 4 times worse than the banking crash, an 8 point drop in GDP, 3 million unemployed, food and fuel shortages, and civil unrest is too big a price just to be right.

*Any deal is better than no deal*

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
*No deal* resulting in a financial crisis 4 times worse than the banking crash, an 8 point drop in GDP, 3 million unemployed, food and fuel shortages, and civil unrest is too big a price just to be right.

*Any deal is better than no deal*

That sounds more like what the Germans did to Greece than a no-deal exit from the cesspit.Might be 3 million unemployed if our EU guests decide to leave as I don't suppose the EU have got any spare jobs.Youth unemployment at 55% anyone?

jaghebby

Mar 18, 2013
ANOTHER ONE WHO HASN'T COME TO TERMS WITH THE REFERENDUM RESULT , PAINFULL STUFF
regards
DR

I agree it is painful considering it is the most dumb, stupid and wrong decision ever made, is against the national interest and will see this country poorer as result. Further more it seems that it will accelerate the break up of the UK . By the way would you mind awfully just checking your spelling dear boy as it makes you look even more thick than just your posts do! :kiss:

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here