Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
They might not want to do that at this precise moment in time. But that is not to say they may not change their minds down the line. I know such a notion is anathema to Brexiters but it is possible for people to change their minds when presented with new facts and evidence.

you'd think so but here we are. :shrug:

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
Thought as much. Ninety percent bull. Thanks for confirmation. Oh, and as for your pompous point about my mate, it was he who brought the subject up and characterised his opinion as one dimensional, not me. As he said, it's not something that really interests him. And as I said, he might well vote the same way again.

Same old Impster blind to/coveniantly ignores all the bull posted by Remoaners on here and avoids the question ... Have you told your 'mate' you characterised his views as 'Do you want fewer immigrants in the country' and was a bit shocked to find out it's more complicated than that'. on social media?

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Jeremy Corbyn sacks Labour frontbencher over referendum call

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-43521321

I'm sure all the far left loons who worship Corbyn will welcome this decision ..

Yes, here is Owen Smith. Labour MP for Pontypridd and Shadow Secretary of State for Northern Ireland

https://twitter.com/OwenSmith_MP/status/977249900877500416

[tweet]977249900877500416[/tweet]

https://twitter.com/JoRichardsKent/status/977253629022363648

[tweet]977253629022363648[/tweet]

Lincoln Imp

Feb 2, 2009
Same old Impster blind to/coveniantly ignores all the bull posted by Remoaners on here and avoids the question ... Have you told your 'mate' you characterised his views as 'Do you want fewer immigrants in the country' and was a bit shocked to find out it's more complicated than that'. on social media?

Given I haven't identified him, given his position is probably not unusual and given I am not saying anything about his point of view that he hasn't said himself, no. Would you expect Pasta to clear or confirm that post of his with each of the dozens and dozens of 'Yanks' who apparently gave him their particular views on Brexit?

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
Given I haven't identified him, given his position is probably not unusual and given I am not saying anything about his point of view that he hasn't said himself, no. Would you expect Pasta to clear or confirm that post of his with each of the dozens and dozens of 'Yanks' who apparently gave him their particular views on Brexit?

Thought as much. I think it highly likely his pov and reasons for voting the way he did are a bit more informed and diverse than your condescending caricature.

Lincoln Imp

Feb 2, 2009
Thought as much. I think it highly likely his pov and reasons for voting the way he did are a bit more informed and diverse than your condescending caricature.

Holy lord. I've repeatedly said that the explanation for my friend voting the way he did came from him, not me. This exchange is revealing a classic JC technique - ignore the points being made whilst adopting a lofty and patronising sneer.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Coward
Whats the finalised fishing arrangement ?

Sorry, did you want something too? No need to specify, just say yes and I'll go back and see if they've e got anything left. Problem is last time I was in there I moaned about his prices and told him his food was awful. Told him he was a rip-off so I don't know what they'll be prepared to do for me.

Last edited:

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
Sorry, did you want something too? No need to specify, just say yes and I'll go back and see if they've e got anything left. Problem is last time I was in there I moaned about his prices and told him his food was awful. Told him he was a rip-off so I don't know what they'll be prepared to do for me.

No,I suspect the hygiene and "friendship" practices of you and Herr T are rather questionable, don’t want your grubby hands near my food so ill pass thanks.

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
"With these state-of-the-art, vastly capable ships we stand ready to protect our fisheries once Britain leaves the EU"

"An ally of Brexit boss David Davis said the Defence Secretary’s boasts about gunboats patrolling British waters were “madness.”

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/5887798/eu-brexit-fish-war-williamson/

First he threatens Putin, now he threatens The EU over fish - Gavin 'well 'ard' Williamson. I wouldn't want to get into an altercation with him outside a kebab shop at 0230 in the morning - I might fall over laughing and drop my doner.

Gavin-Williamson-Russia-1209426.jpg

Garry Nelson's teacher

May 11, 2015
Bloody Worthing!
https://www.theguardian.com/comment...it-britain-norway-theresa-may-transition-deal

The grown-ups on this thread (i.e. those who don't spend 99% of their time flinging insults at each other) might find this article of interest. It revisits the 'soft Brexit' Norway option and predicts that this will be the most likely direction of travel for the UK.

Unless you are an out-and-out 'clean break' Brexiteer (and I know that some are) then we've got to look at some sort of post-leaving relationship that preserves the 'good bits'. This model might be the compromise between the 2nd referendum and the hard Brexit proponents, although I suspect it'll be too soft for most Leavers.

Anyway it's a serious position worth considering and probably a better way of spending time than lobbing huge quantities of mud at each other (although. OK, not as much fun).

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
https://www.theguardian.com/comment...it-britain-norway-theresa-may-transition-deal

The grown-ups on this thread (i.e. those who don't spend 99% of their time flinging insults at each other) might find this article of interest. It revisits the 'soft Brexit' Norway option and predicts that this will be the most likely direction of travel for the UK.

Unless you are an out-and-out 'clean break' Brexiteer (and I know that some are) then we've got to look at some sort of post-leaving relationship that preserves the 'good bits'. This model might be the compromise between the 2nd referendum and the hard Brexit proponents, although I suspect it'll be too soft for most Leavers.

Anyway it's a serious position worth considering and probably a better way of spending time than lobbing huge quantities of mud at each other (although. OK, not as much fun).

Norway model means accepting free movement
Sounds like you were unaware of the discussion on immigration during the referendum

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
Sounds like you were unaware of the discussion on immigration during the referendum

As for migration, Efta arrangements embrace a register of EU nationals, controls on their citizenship and property ownership and expulsion if they are out of work for six months

Register of EU Nationals = Settled Status, which will be up and running sometime in the next 10 years, hence why new EU nationals arriving during the transition will be treated the same as those already here, as will those arriving when the transition is extended beyond 2020 etc.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003

As I've said all along (an observation, not my preference)

TM will negotiate the softest of soft Brexits (the only option that's been available to her since day 1), and then like every politician, won't have the balls to see it through with all the ramifications.

So it will be thrown back at the electorate with a three way, negotiated option, WTO option, cancel Article 50

That's when the fun will start :wink:

Garry Nelson's teacher

May 11, 2015
Bloody Worthing!

Thanks. Don't want to be patronising but this is a typical thread style i.e. you immediately 'personalise' the post although not in a way as grossly insulting as is becoming customary in these parts. Of course I was aware of immigration as an issue but thanks for making the point from which I'll infer that you regard the Norway option as a non-runner for this reason.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here