Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
Next week, Tim Martin owner of Wetherspoons....." I'm afraid that after Brexit I won't be able to find cheap kitchen chefs to operate our pub microwaves.... "

I'm sure your local Job Centre would point you to a class on microwaves you could take.:lolol:

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth
See the really stupid are out in force today.See the name Dyson,and they go off on a mad one.If you had read the whole article,you might have noticed that he has spent £75 million of his own money to ensure his farm is as environmentally friendly as possible,and created a nature reserve.He is also investing in research and development of farm automation,and a crop was recently planted,reared,and harvested by robots,cutting down on wasteful labour.All laudable stuff to normal people-just not the loonier fringe.
As for the gnashing and wailing about Boris,all Ministers are briefed by civil servants,as they can't possibly know all the facts.So,hopefully,some utterly useless time-serving mandarin will have got the boot,either for stupidity or s**t-stirring!

That's right, Boris is totally innocent in all this and it's all the fault of a civil servant, it's not that important so Boris does not need to check a few important facts before opening his mouth.
Have you not seen that almost everyone including Tories think that he is an idiot who says whatever he wants when he wants without thinking it through first.
Much like you actually.
And you are calling other people stupid.

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
That's right, Boris is totally innocent in all this and it's all the fault of a civil servant, it's not that important so Boris does not need to check a few important facts before opening his mouth.
Have you not seen that almost everyone including Tories think that he is an idiot who says whatever he wants when he wants without thinking it through first.
Much like you actually.
And you are calling other people stupid.

You really are a chopper,aren't you?Perhaps the stupid one is the daft person who went to Iran,ignoring Foreign Office advice,and her equally stupid chopper of a husband.Plenty of places close to Iran she could have met up with her relatives.

loon.jpg

I'm glad that you gave us your insight to the world of politics-not many have special gifts like yours.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
What happens when you google Brexit these days? All going so well...

Attachments

• Capture.JPG
    Capture.JPG
    110.7 KB · Views: 127

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
What happens when you google Brexit these days? All going so well...

It certainly is amazing the stuff on Google,isn't it.People can still say whatever comes in to their heads about loads of things,and most of it hangs around forever.

ni.jpg

I'm not suggesting that is you,by the way!

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
Amazing thing the internet.Apparently,that Nazanin Zhagari-Ratcliffe used to work for BBC Media Action,part of the World Service,teaching journalism!Fake news,or a different civil servant stirring the pot?Perhaps Chopper could give us his opinion.:wave:

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
If you want to talk about cancer patients and government benefits tell the whole story, its quite wicked how some people use cancer in arguements. There is so much help in terms of finance and advice, please don't use such emotive language in this debate, its just wrong. (I am have terminal pancreatic cancer).

Firstly I apologise and I'm also very, very sorry to hear that. You're quite right that cancer is and has been wrongly used on that specific ESA reduction argument - I won't be using it again on that, so I will apologise again.

I will continue to refer to the ESA reduction, which in my opinion is a disgrace, without the previous reference though. I have an ongoing medical condition myself, which in comparison to yours obviously pales into insignificance and I have had to claim ESA in the past due to it and quite likely may have to again. A £30 a week reduction to people claiming Work-Related ESA who are in need of medium term support, many of whom are vulnerable, is totally unjustifiable and just helps nobody.

I apologise again though for the previous choice of language and wish you all the best.

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth
Amazing thing the internet.Apparently,that Nazanin Zhagari-Ratcliffe used to work for BBC Media Action,part of the World Service,teaching journalism!Fake news,or a different civil servant stirring the pot?Perhaps Chopper could give us his opinion.:wave:

Firstly may I thank you for your tribute to me regarding my political insight, in one of your other utterings, especially in the light of Boris Johnsons apology that he got it totally wrong and she was only on holiday visiting family.
Even if he was right he should have said nothing.
If he was briefed he should have double checked on such a sensitive subject and he now wishes he had.
Now, you obviously prefer to defend Johnson so in turn you must now agree with him that he got it wrong and so did you, yet again.

melias shoes

Oct 14, 2010
Firstly may I thank you for your tribute to me regarding my political insight, in one of your other utterings, especially in the light of Boris Johnsons apology that he got it totally wrong and she was only on holiday visiting family.
If he was briefed he should have double checked on such a sensitive subject and he now wishes he had.
Now, you obviously prefer to defend Johnson so in turn you must now agree with him that he got it wrong and so did you, yet again.

Stop worrying about Boris Johnson and divert some of your energy to getting rid of Emma Dent Coad. What a piece of work she is . Vile,nasty racist. Once again a Labour MP / worker shows it's true colours. Anti semitism now racism. I've said it before they are the real Nasty party. It's about time it was highlighted and jumped on more.
https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/orde...andidate-is-token-ghetto-boy-and-scumbag/amp/

daveinprague

Oct 1, 2009
Prague, Czech Republic
Stop worrying about Boris Johnson and divert some of your energy to getting rid of Emma Dent Coad. What a piece of work she is . Vile,nasty racist. Once again a Labour MP / worker shows it's true colours. Anti semitism now racism. I've said it before they are the real Nasty party. It's about time it was highlighted and jumped on more.
https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/orde...andidate-is-token-ghetto-boy-and-scumbag/amp/

What she said is unacceptable, however, **** all to do with the machination's of Brexit.

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum

Don't be an utter chopper.If you don't recognise political s**t-stirring going on,you are even dopier than I thought.Perhaps when the Iranians provide some trial details the truth might become known.Boris is just a distraction from Labour's bad press in Wales,and their ongoing racism and anti-semitism.Wonder why the BBC haven't said anything about this business with their employee?

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
Just googled "Brexit" and dont get even half the doom you get.

View attachment 91104

Seem to get a far more balanced/information based crop.......looks like your google knows what you enjoy reading.

Hand on heart. I googled the word "brexit" and that was what I got. To me it just demonstrates the utter mess we are in right now. Unless you believe google is actually biased in its algorithm

Interesting today with the governments faux meaningful vote. It feels like this is now about far more than Brexit the Tories are trying to use every possible instrument to undermine democracy. Our standing in the world will be majorlly diminished if they are allowed to get away with it

Brighton Mod

Its All Too Beautiful
Firstly I apologise and I'm also very, very sorry to hear that. You're quite right that cancer is and has been wrongly used on that specific ESA reduction argument - I won't be using it again on that, so I will apologise again.

I will continue to refer to the ESA reduction, which in my opinion is a disgrace, without the previous reference though. I have an ongoing medical condition myself, which in comparison to yours obviously pales into insignificance and I have had to claim ESA in the past due to it and quite likely may have to again. A £30 a week reduction to people claiming Work-Related ESA who are in need of medium term support, many of whom are vulnerable, is totally unjustifiable and just helps nobody.

I apologise again though for the previous choice of language and wish you all the best.

Hey thank you for that public post. My condition is my issue as every cancer is different, this morning I just thought that every thing was linked to Brexit, when its not. Someone even suggested that chemo drugs would be in short supply because of Brexit, not knowing that my particular chemo is made in Hastings.
Thank s again for your reply, it wasn't necessary, but much appreciated.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
Interesting today with the governments faux meaningful vote. It feels like this is now about far more than Brexit the Tories are trying to use every possible instrument to undermine democracy. Our standing in the world will be majorlly diminished if they are allowed to get away with it

excellent work. i came here to congratulate the reminers for getting their vote on the deal, and see its a faux vote! undermining democracy? whats the matter, you worried that the deal wont be so bad that parliament wouldnt pass it? we have a referendum... dont accept it. have a vote to ratify the referendum result... dont accept it. have a vote on the deal and still wont accept it.

melias shoes

Oct 14, 2010
What she said is unacceptable, however, **** all to do with the machination's of Brexit.
Yeah you're right but this thread seems to have gone off on a tangent. So if you can't beat em join em. It needed highlighting. Vile woman. Just another racist in Labour that seems to get away with it.
Now you imagine if a Tory directed that bile at a black Labour MP. They would be calling for the perpetrator to be arrested let alone sacked.

Jim in the West

NSC Patron
Sep 13, 2003
Way out West
Hey thank you for that public post. My condition is my issue as every cancer is different, this morning I just thought that every thing was linked to Brexit, when its not. Someone even suggested that chemo drugs would be in short supply because of Brexit, not knowing that my particular chemo is made in Hastings.
Thank s again for your reply, it wasn't necessary, but much appreciated.

Just to clarify - and you mean me here - I didn't say your drugs would be in short supply because of Brexit. What I said was that a "Hard" Brexit would severely damage the supply chain. "Medical supplies (including cancer drugs) would be impacted. The systems required to ensure a smooth inflow/outflow of goods will take many, many years to put in place if we leave the Customs Union". Your particular drug is made in Hastings, but I very much doubt it is solely for UK use. And even if it is, there are many other vital drugs which are exported from, or imported to, the UK. Anyway, I don't really want to argue with you. Just enjoy watching the Albion or reading about the team, and forget about all this Brexit stuff!

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester

The website quoted is at best a questionable source! However, you're right - her racism (if the source is reliable) has nothing to do with the machinations of Brexit. I know remainers say different ('Leave voters are thick old fascist racists'), but with all those racist anti-Semitic pro-remain Labour MPs in their ranks, they are in no position to talk.
Brexit has nothing to do with gender warfare or gender issues either, in spite of that other thread on Govern or Go trying to mix them up.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here