Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
On a serious note, the amendment to specify the hour we leave is all about setting a trap for the opposition and the Remoaner other party/Tory loons to see if they will try to vote it down. Could they be that stupid ...

Mark Mywords

Jun 21, 2016
More waffle from a weak leader trying to sound strong. She F'd up the last election, she's F'ing up Brexit and she's trying to sound Churchillian. It's PA-THE-TIC. We will no more walk away on March 29th , 2019 at 11pm than Harvey Weinstein will get a job as sex education teacher at Roedean.

Oh shit has he applied for that job as well?

Brighton Mod

Its All Too Beautiful
So still haven't backed up your statements though. I didn't ask what your reasons for voting out were, I merely ask that you back up a statement about the nurses and the figures for these buildings. Like I said, are Apple paying for the construction or are they just going to be tenants which I suspect is the case. As I understand it they are moving staff from other areas of London to consolidate them in the Battersea Power Station development, so rent they are spending there is not being spent elsewhere. How much of an actual increased investment is there? Nobody said it was a court of law but the issues are important so why is it unreasonable to expect people who make statements quoting figures as if they are fact to back them up with sources?

I don't know what the outcome will be for Apple, but the fact that ther are paying for it, whether to occupy it or rent it demonstrates some confidence in the UK post Brexit, by definition why spend such amounts if your not expecting a return. So no sources, no written statement from them and no figures in the public domain, maybe thats their choice, but the fact that it is being built is testament to confidence.
As for the nurses, you failed to answer my question in my original response as o why are overseas medical prectitioners attracted to the NHS? Just silence, do you not have opinions or must it be on the internet or in a government document. I'll go with your figures if it placates you as these figures only matter if you are directly affected.
With regard to your choice of language, it could be a lot better and may help get your point across. ou really need to take a chill pill.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
She's playing a risky game, basically Brexit at any cost to satisfy the loons in her party. That said as you say this law still needs to go through parliament

Actually, Brexit at any cost, well actually just Brexit, is to satisfy a majority vote for leaving the EU; for satisfying over 14M voters, if you like - that's a rather larger interest group than the 'loons' in her party. She has a job to do - she may not be doing it well, but can you name someone who might do it better (doing it better means actually Brexiting, not sabotaging Brexit as you would doubtless like).

Lincoln Imp

Feb 2, 2009
Actually, Brexit at any cost, well actually just Brexit, is to satisfy a majority vote for leaving the EU; for satisfying over 14M voters, if you like - that's a rather larger interest group than the 'loons' in her party. She has a job to do - she may not be doing it well, but can you name someone who might do it better (doing it better means actually Brexiting, not sabotaging Brexit as you would doubtless like).
Boris? Give him credit - it was his lying that helped win it for you.

portslade seagull

Jul 19, 2003
portslade
Boris? Give him credit - it was his lying that helped win it for you.

I'm sure at the start they were having trouble finding someone to run the out campaign. Most thought it was a death wish. I also believe that when they did get a team together none of them thought they had a cat in hells chance of winning. Which goes to show how badly the remain campaign was run. Complacency cost them I'm afraid

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
Out of interest, considering the name change and we are no longer instructed by the title to name call and insult, is there now a new code of standards on the thread.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
I don't know what the outcome will be for Apple, but the fact that ther are paying for it, whether to occupy it or rent it demonstrates some confidence in the UK post Brexit, by definition why spend such amounts if your not expecting a return. So no sources, no written statement from them and no figures in the public domain, maybe thats their choice, but the fact that it is being built is testament to confidence.
As for the nurses, you failed to answer my question in my original response as o why are overseas medical prectitioners attracted to the NHS? Just silence, do you not have opinions or must it be on the internet or in a government document. I'll go with your figures if it placates you as these figures only matter if you are directly affected.
With regard to your choice of language, it could be a lot better and may help get your point across. ou really need to take a chill pill.

Ok, overseas nurses are attracted because of pay, thats' not exactly rocket science. We need them and we pay more than their own countries do. There are plenty of EU countries that pay more but not from the eastern side of the region! https://www.insidermonkey.com/blog/15-highest-paying-countries-for-nurses-367431/16/

As for Apple, they are going to be tenants, not owners so the cost of the development at Battersea is not theirs. As I said on previous post, they are just moving people from different offices into one. Not exactly major investment, just moving around existing investments give or take a bit. Not the picture you were trying to paint with your alleged £3b.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patreon
Jul 10, 2003
Like any triggered snowflake you are confusing the truth with things you dont like to hear because it makes you uncomfortable.

No lies here

Do you really believe Boris wanted Brexit ? He thought remain would win and that, as the leader of Brexit, he would 'reunite' the party and become PM.

Why do you think he wouldn't stand as PM to deliver Brexit ?

Why do you think he's been trying to get sacked and distance himself from the ongoing farce ? (hint: His last chance of power is to ride in saying 'we didn't vote for this')

I know that there has been a lot of crap out there but this is like trying to teach children how to use a toilet, I've had years of this, I'm out :facepalm:

portslade seagull

Jul 19, 2003
portslade
Do you really believe Boris wanted Brexit ? He thought remain would win and that, as the leader of Brexit, he would 'reunite' the party and become PM.

Why do you think he's been trying to get sacked and distance himself from the ongoing farce ? (hint: His last chance of power is to ride in saying 'we didn't vote for this')

I know that there has been a lot of crap out there but this is like trying to teach children how to use a toilet, I've had years of this, I'm out :facepalm:

That was my take on it. Ruined by leave winning

Lincoln Imp

Feb 2, 2009
I'm sure at the start they were having trouble finding someone to run the out campaign. Most thought it was a death wish. I also believe that when they did get a team together none of them thought they had a cat in hells chance of winning. Which goes to show how badly the remain campaign was run. Complacency cost them I'm afraid

I agree with much of what you say. In fairness, some of us predicted a Leave victory.

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex

You seem to have confused me with someone that gives a toss about why Boris does anything when it comes to Brexit.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
Last edited:

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here