Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patreon
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
Isn't that a bit like saying the Internet is not a valid source? Shirley, (and I am no expert) the source itself defines whether it's credible?

*edit* and the moment it stops pissing down I'm outta here, so I don't want an argument!

The internet is a crediable source IF the figures have come from a reliable and respected source. Some random on social media clearly doesn't fall into that camp. Regardless, TB has provided ZERO evidence of people leaving Labour 'in droves' .... feel free to help her out.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patreon
Jul 10, 2003
The internet is a crediable source IF the figures have come from a reliable and respected source. Some random on social media clearly doesn't fall into that camp. Regardless, TB has provided ZERO evidence of people leaving Labour 'in droves' .... feel free to help her out.

Agree completely and whether that random is on Twitter or NSC makes no difference :wink:

It's stopped :wave:

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
You would rather see 'this great country' reduced to either vassalage or chaos than run the risk of asking the people to come to a final decision in the light of the information now available to them. All this to preserve a one-off result achieved on the back of low propaganda and cheap lies. Our country is being reduced to a marginalised laughing stock by the actions of those you support and applaud. Your flag-draped patriotism rings hollow.

Breathtaking hypocrisy .. undemocratic loons and remoaners have been arguing for a vassalage/soft Brexit second prize option for nearly two years. Now all of a sudden it's unacceptable and a reason for a second vote ... do behave. I would rather the referendum result and following parliamentary votes and General election result all be honoured and we leave the EU. I do not support or applaud those that are trying to renege on promises made during the referendum or in manifestos selling us out .. quite the opposite. Whereas you have been in their corner all along. At least I am draped in the right flag ...

Lincoln Imp

Feb 2, 2009
Breathtaking hypocrisy .. undemocratic loons and remoaners have been arguing for a vassalage/soft Brexit second prize option for nearly two years. Now all of a sudden it's unacceptable and a reason for a second vote ... do behave. I would rather the referendum result and following parliamentary votes and General election result all be honoured and we leave the EU. I do not support or applaud those that are trying to renege on promises made during the referendum or in manifestos selling us out .. quite the opposite. Whereas you have been in their corner all along. At least I am draped in the right flag ...

The ones you support and applaud are the assorted bad boys, chancers, mysterious millionaires and hitherto unfulfilled politicians who launched this shambles and got it to float our country straight up the creek towards the situation it now faces. Calamity beckons and all you can do is bounce up and down at any prospect of the people having an opportunity to dig us out. While slipping in one of your sad little patriotism jibes at the end of course.

(BTW, I have never argued for the vassalage option so perhaps this means that I am not one of your undemocratic loons after all. Can you imagine how disappointing this is for me?)

The Clamp

NSC Patreon
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
What for being patriotic to our fallen. Explain why ??. Your the one with the issue

You accused me of disrespecting fallen soldiers. I haven’t accused you of anything apart from being an idiot. I merely asked why I was disrespectful. You couldn’t answer.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
If we crash out we won’t be in the WTO.
Dover is the most important port to Britain economically. In short, it moves the most money.

The ignorance to all these sorts of details and nuance are the exact reason the people should never have been given the vote on this overblown opinion poll that was never legally binding.

except, as evident by being less than 10% of trade, clearly Dover is not the most important port economically. well done for noting the point about public ignorance.

The Clamp

NSC Patreon
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
except, as evident by being less than 10% of trade, clearly Dover is not the most important port economically. well done for noting the point about public ignorance.

Dover is the most profitable port in the U.K. for both passenger and freight economies.
You’ll have to google the figures yourself , I’m bored of educating you lot today.

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter

I've been busy this evening and now I'm going to bed. You can wait.

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter

When you look up the figures, be sure to look for perishable goods, foodstuffs and medicines, rather than just tonnage and container ships.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter
What for being patriotic to our fallen. Explain why ??. Your the one with the issue

One of the biggest losses of the Royal Navy was HMS Hood in 1941, who was sunk by the Bismark, losing 1415 of her 1418 crew. Do some homework and check out the nationalities of the crew. I can tell you now, you will find Polish and Free French listed in the crew list.

larus

This is well worth a watch for those who think the Euro Crisis is resolved and the Euro is stable. It’s from a German Economist who explains that the issues with the Euro have not been resolved, just swept under the carpet. It explains how much of a risk this is to Germany and the other creditor nations. And yet some still think that all is rosy and wonderful within the EU/Euro.

https://youtu.be/q2QYaJGgtw8

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
“Up to 85,000 retail jobs disappeared from Britain’s high streets in the first nine months of this year after a surge in the number of businesses going bust and closing stores.
Nearly 1,000 businesses – from big employers such as House of Fraser, Evans Cycles and Poundworld to independent traders – went into administration between January and September, according to new data seen by the Observer, the highest number in five years. A further 26 big companies, including New Look, Carpetright, Mother care and Homebase, opted to close stores – up 73% on the same period last year.”

https://www.theguardian.com/business/2018/nov/11/jobs-lost-retailers-high-street-decline

portslade seagull

Jul 19, 2003
portslade
“Up to 85,000 retail jobs disappeared from Britain’s high streets in the first nine months of this year after a surge in the number of businesses going bust and closing stores.
Nearly 1,000 businesses – from big employers such as House of Fraser, Evans Cycles and Poundworld to independent traders – went into administration between January and September, according to new data seen by the Observer, the highest number in five years. A further 26 big companies, including New Look, Carpetright, Mother care and Homebase, opted to close stores – up 73% on the same period last year.”

https://www.theguardian.com/business/2018/nov/11/jobs-lost-retailers-high-street-decline

Maybe internet shopping has something to do with this

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here