Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

Lincoln Imp

Feb 2, 2009
How strange .... remainers keeping very quiet about this report !

https://www.economistsforfreetrade....native-Brexit-Economic-Analysis-20-Feb-18.pdf

Interesting reading - I particularly like the reminder of what some economists and politicians suggested would happen if we didn't join the Euro !

Ah. Minford. One of the heroes of Brexit. Thank you for mentioning him. The economist who said that his tariff-free proposals would "mostly eliminate British manufacturing" but that this isn't something we should worry about. In one of his kinder moments he agreed that we could have some sort of transition period whilst we ran down things like vehicle makers in the North East. "It would be like coal mining," he explained.

If I was a Leaver I would keep absolutely silent about him.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
You described him as a clown. I thought I would check whose credentials I trusted more. You have helped me reach my conclusion. Thank you.

I do think he’s a clown. In fact your daft response backs me up....even I, a lay person, could see the hole in his argument. Publishing something so vague doesn’t strike me as clever....which maybe explains why he’s at Cardiff and not Cambridge.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I admire your confidence. Thank you for sharing.

Could you pick the team and tactics for Saturday?

Sure. Here’s the line up and we will play a fluid formation with lots of interaction and interchanging up front.

Ryan

Schletto Duffy Dunk Suttner
.......Stephens Pröpper

Knocky.......................IzQuierdo
..................Gross
...................Locada

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Extraordinary. Leavers claim to support the North East and other poorer areas of the country yet cite Minford as someone who should be listened to. It tells us either Titanic didn't have a clue who Minford was before using his paper as evidence or he doesn't actually give a toss about what happens to poorer parts of the country if Brexit goes ahead.

Or both.

Disgraceful:
https://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/news/north-east-news/mps-react-after-vote-leave-11269819

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Next

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014

https://www.economistsforfreetrade....native-Brexit-Economic-Analysis-20-Feb-18.pdf

Interesting reading - I particularly like the reminder of what some economists and politicians suggested would happen if we didn't join the Euro !

Folk can come up with table after table to support their view. It's a bit silly. All that matters is where the UK is in three years time. No-one has a clue how it's going to turn out. Good or bad.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
Extraordinary. Leavers claim to support the North East and other poorer areas of the country yet cite Minford as someone who should be listened to. It tells us either Titanic didn't have a clue who Minford was before using his paper as evidence or he doesn't actually give a toss about what happens to poorer parts of the country if Brexit goes ahead.

Or both.

Disgraceful:
https://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/news/north-east-news/mps-react-after-vote-leave-11269819

I didn't use his paper as evidence for anything. Do at least try and keep up before you go around casting aspersions.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
I didn't use his paper as evidence for anything. Do at least try and keep up before you go around casting aspersions.

I apologise. What did you use it for?

(absolutely textbook deflection of the issue btw, Big Gully and the rest of the Fairy Godfathers have taught you well).

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly

More wacky stuff from the Brexdreamists, hoping people just hear the headlines and don't study the detail

It basically says if we have our cake and eat we will be better off, the slight problem is we all know having our cake and eating it will never happen.

We can't leave and have the same deal as we currently have, why would the EU do that?

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
I apologise. What did you use it for?

(absolutely textbook deflection of the issue btw, Big Gully and the rest of the Fairy Godfathers have taught you well).

He didn't ..... I did !

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
Who else am I then clever clogs? Go on, out me.

I thought you had found your mobile?No likes on your post.Must mean Clamp isn't on site!:lolol:

dopey1.jpg

If you have forgotten your other password/s,I'm sure Bozza can help.Don't be embarassed about it,just cut back on the craft beer.

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
I'm not surprised to see Tim Loughton, MP for East Worthing and Shoreham on that list.

An Apex level c*nt.

Is this the same Tim Loughton of Civil Partnership Bill fame.Thought people like you would approve?

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
The three or four thickest Brexiteers are obsessed with accusing people of having other accounts. I get it every time they have lost an argument or don't want to answer a question. It's usually Nibble but I have been accused of being about 3 different people. Sometimes Pissedasafartagain will just pop up and accuse me 24 hours after my last post, on his early morning rounds :lolol:

Still, it's the odd 'uns that make the board entertaining I suppose. Bloody odd 'uns :laugh::laugh:

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
The three or four thickest Brexiteers are obsessed with accusing people of having other accounts. I get it every time they have lost an argument or don't want to answer a question. It's usually Nibble but I have been accused of being about 3 different people. Sometimes Pissedasafartagain will just pop up and accuse me 24 hours after my last post, on his early morning rounds :lolol:

Still, it's the odd 'uns that make the board entertaining I suppose. Bloody odd 'uns :laugh::laugh:

Are you really,really,really,cross-your-heart,hope to die,NOT Nibble then????Go on,tell me.I won't tell anybody else,honest.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here