Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
And listen to the roar of those German jet engines during the Red Arrows fly past; rule Britannia!

The Hawk was designed by the British and is mostly British built. Nowt to do with the Germans.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Amazingly, we had Jubilee parties and Commonwealth Day every year whilst still in the EU. In the meantime, an EU country is making deals with India.
https://www.reuters.com/article/us-...to-deepen-defense-security-ties-idUSKBN1GM088

This is one of the things I don't understand. We have been told that as part of the EU we are not allowed to make deals with countries that are not ratified by the EU...in fact didn't they say that as we wanted to remain in the customs union, we couldn't make deals without EU sanction.

So how does this French deal with india( I thought they were going to just buy British) work?

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
This is one of the things I don't understand. We have been told that as part of the EU we are not allowed to make deals with countries that are not ratified by the EU...in fact didn't they say that as we wanted to remain in the customs union, we couldn't make deals without EU sanction.

So how does this French deal with india( I thought they were going to just buy British) work?

We currently have no problem exporting weapons to Saudi ?

Westdene Seagull

NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003

We currently have no problem exporting weapons to Saudi ?

Because selling weapons and defence isn't within the remit of the single market, the customs union or the EU.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
And listen to the roar of those German jet engines during the Red Arrows fly past; rule Britannia!

What the joint rolls Royce/ French engine? The Adour? Also used by the Americans in their version, the goshawk..McDonald Douglas!

Jan 30, 2008
Isn't this a bit of an urban myth? No organisation is perfect but the 'second referendums' most often cited were in Denmark and Ireland. Both countries gained significant concessions after the first vote in order to address the concerns raised. These were accepted by the people. What is it that you object to?

You can't FORCE people to vote how they don't want.
And thats why the countrys leaving the EU
regards
DR

Westdene Seagull

NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
Ahaaaa. Didn't know that. Excellent.

All to do with the sticky problem of independent countries wanting complete control.of their defence policy along with the restrictions Germany put on itself around defence post WWII. It's why the very mention of an EU army or defence policy sends shivers down the spines of EU politicians.

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex

5ways

Sep 18, 2012
DYLJLLGX0AEFCWZ.jpg

Here's how much additional cash the government is wasting in order to leave the EU.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here