Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
“Today's aggressive comments by Messrs Varadkar and Barnier show why we are right to be leaving the mafia-like European Union”

JRM today, playing the blame game.

Thoroughly predictable.

Thoroughly accurate .. it's obviously the EU way or the highway now. May plumped for a softer Brexit which many remainers were insisting on as a second prize after losing the referendum vote. Still not enough. The minority side that loses a democratic vote deciding the terms for the majority who voted in the opposite direction ... what a breathtaking and arrogant/novel concept.

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
The hard nationalist right leaders have made sure they are ok, even if their followers aren’t. Rees Mogg, the Eaton educated nanny raised man of the people, has >£100m wealth and as a partner of Somerset Wealth is enjoying the benefits of a company based in the EU in Dublin (with subsidiaries in a few tax havens). Boris also went to Eaton and a member of the infamous upper class elite Bullingdon Club, often associated with members and acts with pigs. Farage went to Dulwich college, another private school, and then went into the city. And the anti immigrant leader was married to EU “foreigners” from both Ireland and Germany. The latter whom he employed to ride what nationalist right wingers would call the “EU gravy train”. His kids have German passports.

They will be fine and they know it. You won’t be.

Do behave, I know you may miss your European employed cleaner when we leave but ... big business, bankers responsible for the financial crisis, the corporate elites, the UK - European- global political establishment are all on your side as are the EU federalists represented by HT and Baldy seagull who say the poor and desolate of Greece had it coming with mass unemployment and increased suicides.

For corporate I'm all right jack voice of Goldman Sachs apologists see every remainer on this thread.:(

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
Don't agree with everything they post,but they got this one spot on!:lolol:

truedat.png

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat

Lincoln Imp

Feb 2, 2009
Keep asking what are the benefits of Brexit.

Well, Jacob Rees-Mogg has finally answered that question in an interview with Channel 4 news. It will take 50 (fifty) years to feel the benefit.

https://twitter.com/Channel4News/status/1020671636524191745

[tweet]1020671636524191745[/tweet]

"Because you're proposing a very simple question on a very complex set of circumstances." Yes, I can see why you think that's a dangerous course of action Mr Mogg.

Unless of course, one is asking such a question of large numbers of people less informed and less interested than you on an even more complex set of circumstances in an effort to get the answer you want. That's OK of course. They can always ask for their money back in 2068.

larus

larus

"Because you're proposing a very simple question on a very complex set of circumstances." Yes, I can see why you think that's a dangerous course of action Mr Mogg.

Unless of course, one is asking such a question of large numbers of people less informed and less interested than you on an even more complex set of circumstances in an effort to get the answer you want. That's OK of course. They can always ask for their money back in 2068.

Remainers just don’t get it that it is more than economics. They keep bleating on about short-term impacts, but leave voters wanted out of the EU for democracy and the ability to control our own destiny.

I find all this crap about planes won’t fly, food rotting at ports, mass exodus of companies leaving just pathetic scare stories. We’ve had it with the EURO, we had it regarding the vote to leave and both times it’s proven to be lies. We’ll be fine after we leave too - there may be short-term disruption, but only a complete fool would expect that to last a long time.

Lincoln Imp

Feb 2, 2009
Thoroughly accurate .. it's obviously the EU way or the highway now. May plumped for a softer Brexit which many remainers were insisting on as a second prize after losing the referendum vote. Still not enough. The minority side that loses a democratic vote deciding the terms for the majority who voted in the opposite direction ... what a breathtaking and arrogant/novel concept.

May was probably less influenced by Anna Soubrey than by the fact that she felt the alternative would crash the economy. Details like this do tend to influence Prime Ministers.

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
Second referendum/keep asking the question until the plebs knuckle under fans who stand fore-square behind the Tory, UK, European , global, big business establishment that think referendums are not fit for any purpose still blathering on I see. :rolleyes:

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
May was probably less influenced by Anna Soubrey than by the fact that she felt the alternative would crash the economy. Details like this do tend to influence Prime Ministers.

That's not a 'fact' just your opinion. Any deal over no deal is just the sort of mindset the EU have been hoping the UK would cave in to. It's sad so many in this country are complicit in pushing their agenda but not a surprise.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
Don't agree with everything they post,but they got this one spot on!:lolol:

amusing, however if remain had won they would have had a plan to follow. leave apparently didnt.

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
amusing, however if remain had won they would have had a plan to follow. leave apparently didnt.

That may be true but when were leave ever 'in charge' of the process? The cluster f**ck we find ourselves in has been overseen by a Remain PM a majority Remain cabinet with a majority remain parliament.

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
Isn't the biggest issue all this pathetic bickering about who lied and who didn't a bit tiresome?
Like I said before...the remain and leave camps are both redundant now and have no purpose !!
Now all this remain dribble within parliament and social media needs to stop NOW and we need to start focusing on the important stuff like LEAVING and building a great future.
You won't ever please those plonkers in Brussels as they make no effort what's so ever to make things smoother.Its always about what we have to do to please them all the time and enoughs enough.

Lincoln Imp

Feb 2, 2009
Remainers just don’t get it that it is more than economics. They keep bleating on about short-term impacts, but leave voters wanted out of the EU for democracy and the ability to control our own destiny.

I find all this crap about planes won’t fly, food rotting at ports, mass exodus of companies leaving just pathetic scare stories. We’ve had it with the EURO, we had it regarding the vote to leave and both times it’s proven to be lies. We’ll be fine after we leave too - there may be short-term disruption, but only a complete fool would expect that to last a long time.

They do get it that this is about more than economics. My sadness that the UK is taking this course of action has very little to do with economics. I suspect that many sharing my view about Brexit feel the same way and I would be deeply grateful if you would stop characterising us all as soulless bean counters. It is patronising stereotyping.

Having said what I've just said about economics, it is easier for some people - people in my position, for example - to be dismissive of money stuff. A downturn might knock my asset values but it won't really affect my income. For others it can make a huge difference to the sort of life they and their families have. I understand their worries.

Don't too make the mistake of thinking that Remainers disregard issues such as democracy and controlling our own destiny. I am not sitting here writing this to trash your view of these things, so please don't trash mine when I say I don't think our democracy or independent control will be improved in any practical way by leaving the EU. In fact, I think the latter might even diminish. It's all about opinions of course.

Incidentally, your post above didn't have anything to do with the one it responded to.

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
And no doubt they're all bumlicking the clowns in Brussels.....

They have certainly been dancing to their tune. The section of the leave vote that voted as a protest at being ignored, patronised, belittled and forgotten are once again being shown democracy is worthless.

Lincoln Imp

Feb 2, 2009
That's not a 'fact' just your opinion. Any deal over no deal is just the sort of mindset the EU have been hoping the UK would cave in to. It's sad so many in this country are complicit in pushing their agenda but not a surprise.

Ah, the old 'you're all self-hating collaborators' pitch.

Dorset Seagull

Once Dolphin, Now Seagull
Have either side come up with a genuine plan to deal with a no deal? Whatever we can’t do when we exit with no deal will also affect the EU massively even if it affects us more. For example how are Spain going to be able to cope with the lack of UK tourists when our planes are stuck on the ground and can’t get to the Costas?

I can’t see a situation where the EU would want a no deal either so perhaps we should now push hard for what we want and put the pressure on them for once

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here