Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

mikeyjh

Dec 17, 2008
Llanymawddwy
Donald Trump thinks its a bad deal for getting a trade with the USA ,so its a no for me.

A clean break, and to get the likes of Rolls Royce, Jaguar, the British Mini on the world stage again.

German, Indian, German - I'm being slightly glib of course but if it's a no deal brexit, you have to imagine a scenario where manufacturers would move production from the UK no?

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
I think dyson has led the way with looking to move manufacturing out of the uk and moving it anywhere that is cheaper...and then he has the cheek to come on to and say how brilliant the uk is for manufacturing.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I was involved with Dyson's supply chain in the early 2000's but he left the people of Wiltshire high and dry and got a Knighthood in return. He's loving the Singapore trade deal with the EU though

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
Saw a Fox interview with Nigel Farridge, mocking the idea that the referendum was influenced by illegal Facebook ads and Russian funding as a conspiracy theory, then claims a conspiracy by "the establishment" is behind the investigations.
Mocks the idea that the "great British Public were somehow brainwashed by these ads", which begs the question, if the ads had no influence, why spend millions of pounds putting them out there?

Having read the thoughts of some of the leave voters on here, it's clear that a lot of the ideas they have about the EU come straight out of Farages mouth and are accepted as facts. The biggest problem for this country is not that we are leaving the EU, it's that the population is so easily seduced, because it means we are destined to elect the purveyors of the prettiest lies for evermore, and anyone telling the hard truth is put aside.
I think it might be best if we actually leave on a no deal so we can all see the likes of Farage and Mogg exposed and learn the hard way, as long as we do learn, it might be worth it.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
Question..

Will Brexiteers be writing to letter of apology to Gina Miller for being giving them opportunity to vote down Theresa May's Brexit deal?

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Saw a Fox interview with Nigel Farridge, mocking the idea that the referendum was influenced by illegal Facebook ads and Russian funding as a conspiracy theory, then claims a conspiracy by "the establishment" is behind the investigations.
Mocks the idea that the "great British Public were somehow brainwashed by these ads", which begs the question, if the ads had no influence, why spend millions of pounds putting them out there?

Having read the thoughts of some of the leave voters on here, it's clear that a lot of the ideas they have about the EU come straight out of Farages mouth and are accepted as facts. The biggest problem for this country is not that we are leaving the EU, it's that the population is so easily seduced, because it means we are destined to elect the purveyors of the prettiest lies for evermore, and anyone telling the hard truth is put aside.
I think it might be best if we actually leave on a no deal so we can all see the likes of Farage and Mogg exposed and learn the hard way, as long as we do learn, it might be worth it.
https://www.byline.com/column/67/article/1929

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
I think dyson has led the way with looking to move manufacturing out of the uk and moving it anywhere that is cheaper...and then he has the cheek to come on to and say how brilliant the uk is for manufacturing.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Gets the best of both worlds, UK tax breaks on Research and Development, so his labs are here, then takes that R&D to Singapore to make the stuff. Not blaming him for doing so, and maybe if we didn't have minimum wage legislation, H&S legislation, Maternity pay, Holiday Pay, redundancy legislation etc. he would base his factories here, Brexiteers kept saying we could be more competitive if we leave the EU, and if they get their way, watch out.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
The version of leave?
In or out....Out means Out and none of this bollocks of what type of out we want.

Just pull out and stop caving into the EU !!!
Start talking after FFS.
All this drama and confusion is all down to a gutless leader and remainers trying everything to sabotage it.
The biggest problem they face is not delivering what we voted for ???
That'll be because it is impossible without treating Northern Ireland separately.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
That'll be because it is impossible without treating Northern Ireland separately.

Those on the extremes really don't care about NI, that's why ND is acceptable as is a Canada style deal

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
I went to the Goodwood Festival of Speed this year for the first time and was amazed at just how many British manufacturers of high-end cars there are out there. In terms of design and innovation the UK automotive sector seems to be thriving and it would be terrible to see that compromised by the loss of frictionless, tariff-free trade.

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
Steve Parish has written a piece in The Times today basically saying how Brexit will benefit The Premier League by making it more global etc, though he doesn't see the need to increase the HGP quota from 8, as 16 & 17 year olds from EEA countries wouldn't be able to sign in the future, so the HGP players would pretty soon all be British.

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/edition/...and-and-the-premier-league-stronger-35xq5rwnc

I was struck by the opening line of his final paragraph though: "I’m not convinced Brexit will happen now"

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Steve Parish has written a piece in The Times today basically saying how Brexit will benefit The Premier League by making it more global etc, though he doesn't see the need to increase the HGP quota from 8, as 16 & 17 year olds from EEA countries wouldn't be able to sign in the future, so the HGP players would pretty soon all be British.

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/edition/...and-and-the-premier-league-stronger-35xq5rwnc

I was struck by the opening line of his final paragraph though: "I’m not convinced Brexit will happen now"

His girlfriend Susanna Reid with Piers Morgan on Good Morning Britain this morning gave David Lidlington a hard time about the PM's Deal and he all but admitted we'd be worse of than we are now.

Mellor 3 Ward 4

Jul 27, 2004
saaf of the water
I think he's right.

There's no way the deal will get through the Commons.

But then what happens?

I guess May will resign - and do we get a PM intent on No Deal/Hard Brexit or a Pro-European such as Justine Greening who will go for a second referendum and split the Tory Party in two?

Or does May stick it out and call another Election?

Perhaps Labour ditch Corbyn, get a pro-European in, with a second referendum in their manifesto?

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
But then what happens?

I guess May will resign - and do we get a PM intent on No Deal/Hard Brexit or a Pro-European such as Justine Greening who will go for a second referendum and split the Tory Party in two?

Perhaps Labour ditch Corbyn, get a pro-European in, with a second referendum in their manifesto?

Or new primary legislation, with cross party support, to join EFTA/EEA and customs union.

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
No, some Remainers, showing flexibility and maturity, have put those options forward as alternatives to what they personally prefer.

I'd say that the Leave option you favour was almost certainly not supported by a majority of voters in 2016 and it surely isn't now. Do you claim otherwise?

Then why did Leave win?Or are you claiming otherwise?Where is any information supporting your fantasy?

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
Correction.

Hard BREXITeers have told Trump's mates to get him onside on the deal. He has obliged.

And folk think he knows what he's on about.

The withdrawal agreement allows for the UK to negotiate deals during transition.

We can,and have,been negotiating them already,but can't sign anything till we Leave.

Driver8

On the road...
NSC Patron
Jul 31, 2005
North Wales
But then what happens?

The Tory party needs to split in two. It is effectively two parties already and at least people would know what they were voting for.

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
Some on here are beyond delusion, its like they've being in a Comer since 1980

eurozone van.png

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here