Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

The Clamp

NSC Patreon
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Brexiteers obsession with EU contributions is laughable, they never mention the £50B Brexit has already cost, not to mention irreversible damage to industry, and that before we've even left...

Quite. Brexit is a money pit. As well as the EU funding that goes to the poorest areas of Britain. The Tory party is basically the political wing of the 1% . Their sole reason for existing is to protect the wealth of the UK's top earners. If anyone thinks a Tory government will protect the interests of the most vulnerable in the UK they are in for a rude awakening. One only has to glance over the figures for the rise in homelessness, child poverty, cuts to women's services, food banks etc to realise the Tory's are actively against the poor.

cunning fergus

Jan 18, 2009
The EU , with it's ethos of minimising wealth disparity is much better suited to handle our taxes than the UK government, especially a Tory government.

However only 0.07% of our collective taxes go towards our EU contributions so really, I'm not in the least bit bothered that the EU gets a tiny, tiny fraction of my taxes. I'd give 'em the lot if I had the choice.
The UK government will only spend our money to fix a pothole once it has caused a serious accident or death. What sort of ****ed up policy is that?

That’s an illuminating view, and your candour is refreshing.

In light of your view that U.K. contribution is only a tiny, tiny fraction of taxes that goes to the EU, I can only assume on that basis that you are largely indifferent to the £350m to the NHS debate that has done the rounds post referendum, after all that is a tiny tiny tiny fraction of a tiny tiny fraction of U.K. taxpayers money.

I disagree with your assessment of the EU ethos, and that it is better suited to allocate UK taxpayers money than a democratically elected Govt.

I have no stats to base my view on but I think this evidently deeply held view you have on these matters Makes you an outlier even with your remain peers. I would be interested to note who also shares your view?

This is why we should have the referendum on all in or all out, it’s healthy to understand motives in debates, yours is crystal.

The Clamp

NSC Patreon
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
50 billion. I suppose you are talking of the divorce bill where Britain settles it's obligations. Would you prefer us not to pay what we legally owe. Your comment is laughable.

How much will Brexit cost the UK?
Brexit costing UK £500M a week, study says. Brexit vote causes £26B annual loss to the UK economy, according to Centre for European Reform. The British economy is 2.5 percent smaller today than if the U.K. had voted to remain in the European Union, according to the Centre for European Reform, a think tank.30 Sep 2018
Brexit costing UK £500M a week, study says – POLITICO

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
Did Bryan Robson tell you that, or was it the Waffen SS?

I thought most of you had removed your tongues from tubhumper's orifice.Shame you feel the need to descend to it's level.Albion won 3 - 1 in the FA Youth Cup,and WBA won 0 - 2 at Bolton,just in case you missed there being some football on tonight.

cunning fergus

Jan 18, 2009
Brexiteers obsession with EU contributions is laughable, they never mention the £50B Brexit has already cost, not to mention irreversible damage to industry, and that before we've even left...

I know one thing, When the contribution is broken down and put on the side of a bus there is only one side of the debate that is obsessive.

We know why too, it’s a lot of money, especially when austerity is biting down on the poor.

The Clamp

NSC Patreon
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
That’s an illuminating view, and your candour is refreshing.

In light of your view that U.K. contribution is only a tiny, tiny fraction of taxes that goes to the EU, I can only assume on that basis that you are largely indifferent to the £350m to the NHS debate that has done the rounds post referendum, after all that is a tiny tiny tiny fraction of a tiny tiny fraction of U.K. taxpayers money.

I disagree with your assessment of the EU ethos, and that it is better suited to allocate UK taxpayers money than a democratically elected Govt.

I have no stats to base my view on but I think this evidently deeply held view you have on these matters Makes you an outlier even with your remain peers. I would be interested to note who also shares your view?

This is why we should have the referendum on all in or all out, it’s healthy to understand motives in debates, yours is crystal.

Mine is not a view, it is a fact.

Well, there you go. You have no stats to base your view on.

I am afraid I'm not clear what your point is about the NHS's £350M.

A1X

NSC Patreon
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
"But Blue Passports!"

[TWEET]1087425506931294209[/TWEET]
[TWEET]1087429524076314625[/TWEET]
[TWEET]1087429981389705217[/TWEET]
[TWEET]1087430655645007874[/TWEET]
[TWEET]1087437825241427968[/TWEET]
[TWEET]1087447654332854273[/TWEET]

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
Brexit costing UK £500M a week, study says. Brexit vote causes £26B annual loss to the UK economy, according to Centre for European Reform. The British economy is 2.5 percent smaller today than if the U.K. had voted to remain in the European Union, according to the Centre for European Reform, a think tank.30 Sep 2018

Cheap at half the price.Forgotten you're supposed to be working?Or is that Nibble working,or Plooks,or whoever else you are?

Kind Regards,
Not Westdene Gull :kiss:

The Clamp

NSC Patreon
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Cheap at half the price.Forgotten you're supposed to be working?Or is that Nibble working,or Plooks,or whoever else you are?

Kind Regards,
Not Westdene Gull :kiss:

Just to clear things up I am The Clamp. Nobody else, not using any other username.
Working? What about it? Why would I forget I'm working? Sorry, you've lost me.

Anyway, any legit comment on the figures or just an excuse for a childish pop at me? I've got to hand it to your little Get Along Gang, you are consistent in your twattery :lolol::yawn: Almost too consistent, as if some of you are the same poster.....

Last edited:

cunning fergus

Jan 18, 2009
Quite. Brexit is a money pit. As well as the EU funding that goes to the poorest areas of Britain. The Tory party is basically the political wing of the 1% . Their sole reason for existing is to protect the wealth of the UK's top earners. If anyone thinks a Tory government will protect the interests of the most vulnerable in the UK they are in for a rude awakening. One only has to glance over the figures for the rise in homelessness, child poverty, cuts to women's services, food banks etc to realise the Tory's are actively against the poor.

I don’t doubt that Tories work against the interests of the poor, that is why they are pro EU.

To suggest that the rich are against the EU is absurd, and demonstrates a profound level of political ignorance. You need to remember whose side you are on, are you with the Rothschilds, Bankers, global corporations, the Bilderbergs, those at Davis and Goldman Sachs, or are you on the side of the uneducated working class.......y’know plebs?

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/20...ses-were-only-group-to-vote-to-stay-in-the-e/

http://tlio.org.uk/cap-welfare-for-the-rich-landownerscorporations/

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
Just to clear things up I am The Clamp. Nobody else, not using any other username.
Working? What about it? Why would I forget I'm working? Sorry, you've lost me.

Thought you said earlier you were going for a kip,then off to work?Must have been somebody else.I apologise most profusely.:shootself

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly

Please stop, we can't have facts on here....

The Clamp

NSC Patreon
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Thought you said earlier you were going for a kip,then off to work?Must have been somebody else.I apologise most profusely.:shootself

I'm at work. You really do focus on some bizarre aspects of people's posts. Are you aware of how creepy you come across with posts like this? Of course you're not.

The Clamp

NSC Patreon
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
I don’t doubt that Tories work against the interests of the poor, that is why they are pro EU.

To suggest that the rich are against the EU is absurd, and demonstrates a profound level of political ignorance. You need to remember whose side you are on, are you with the Rothschilds, Bankers, global corporations, the Bilderbergs, those at Davis and Goldman Sachs, or are you on the side of the uneducated working class.......y’know plebs?

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/20...ses-were-only-group-to-vote-to-stay-in-the-e/

You need to research how the EU have invested billions in the UK's poorest areas.

I don't suggest the rich are against the EU.

A1X

NSC Patreon
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex

Yep, Brexit is really unpopular with rich people, which is why some of the most prominent Remainers are Jacob Rees-Mogg, Aaron Banks, Nigel Farage, Boris Johnson, John Redwood and sundry other toffs and hedge fund managers.

Oh, wait, hang on...

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
How many billions have we pumped into the unelected EU

You're obsession with EU contributions makes you look a bit small minded. You are really missing the big picture. UK pensions for example cost about 65 times that of what we send to Brussels

If the Brexiteers wet dream was fulfilled with no deal, how much would our credit downgrade cost the UK?

The Clamp

NSC Patreon
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
The obsession with no deal is a curious one.
I do understand it in a way. It’s a big **** You. We’ve all had that boss we’ve wanted to tell to **** off and just walk out. Feels pretty good at the time. All feels somewhat different in the morning when you wake up with no job and a mortgage to pay and no line of credit because you are unemployed and all those people that said they’d give you a job if you ever needed it suddenly disappear because they don’t wish to do business with someone who tells people to **** off.

cunning fergus

Jan 18, 2009
You need to research how the EU have invested billions in the UK's poorest areas.

I don't suggest the rich are against the EU.

I dont, because I know for a fact that the EU is spending less UK taxpayers money in the U.K. than the taxpayers give them.

Its like this, I give an acquaintance £20 to buy a round of drinks in a pub with some other acquaintances because I’m outside having a fag.

Firstly he dishes out the pints, telling the recipients he bought the round, secondly the round comes to £16.25 and he pockets the £3.75 to spend on a kebab and chips for himself.

This is how it works with our contribution.

If this happened to you in the pub you would have words at least, maybe more..........you wouldn’t keep on doing it for 40 years.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here