Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

Hampster Gull

Dec 22, 2010
I agree Brexit isn't to blame for the Irish mess, it goes back to 1920 and was caused by Tories who wanted to further their own interests and so split Ireland up. Same sort of colonial bo**ocks that has screwed up a lot of places. Same sort of nationalism that drives Brexit.

It is only a matter of time until Ireland is reunited, the question is how long

Swillis

Banned
Dec 10, 2015
There will be a few hard right wing loonies kicking off in a few marches, sure, nothing that can’t be handled, with a few ending up serving in her majesty’s prisons

We shall see, but I think you are wrong. I think we will see major disorder, in fact I positively hope so.

Hampster Gull

Dec 22, 2010
The governments current proposals on immigration post the EU differentiates between high skilled work and low skilled work. According to the Migration Observatory at Oxford Uni, if you come in on the latter you can’t work your way up to the former, you would have to leave the country for a year and reapply for the high skill visa. No work hard and dream here

:moo:

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
We shall see, but I think you are wrong. I think we will see major disorder, in fact I positively hope so.

You’re suggesting/hoping there will major disorder if Brexit doesn’t happen?

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST

Why do you hope for such disorder? You’re happy to see innocent people getting hurt (possible your own loved ones), business’s vandalised, police cracking skulls, huge costs to the taxpayer? That’s all good with you? Strange approach to democracy. Don’t get what you incorrectly think you are entitled to? Smash everything up.

Bet you a pound to a pinch of snuff that very rapidly this disorder you wish for will take the form of beating anyone with a foreign appearance or accent.

Frankly a foul thing to hope for.

Let me guess though, you’ll be nowhere to be seen during this disorder.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Wrong again, it was over 16m and the gap was just c 1.3m. Nothing that a 2% swing won’t sort :thumbsup:

If you think that will 'sort' it you are thicker and more blinkered than the thickest, oldest, stupidest, right wing, fascist, old leaver. The death of democracy in this country should a referendum result be over-ruled by the self-styled elite will have more serious results than even the 'intelligentsia' of the ruling classes think is possible.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
If you think that will 'sort' it you are thicker and more blinkered than the thickest, oldest, stupidest, right wing, fascist, old leaver. The death of democracy in this country should a referendum result be over-ruled by the self-styled elite will have more serious results than even the 'intelligentsia' of the ruling classes think is possible.

Genuine question, what results?

Hampster Gull

Dec 22, 2010

Democracy doesn’t stand still, stopping at a point of time, never has, never will. This Brexit government has negotiated to leave the EU but amongst others the hard right brextremists MPs rejected it, throwing it all up in the air. Let’s see where our great democratic institution, our sovereign parliament, takes this, but the extreme version of Brexit gets weaker every day
:thumbsup:

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
Join the dots Pasty, it’s not rocket science
That seems to have narrowed you down
The hard right -wing issue the dissident IRA are blaming for setting off this car bomb is either
A/ Something you dont really know at all
or
B/ Something you dont actually want to say

righto.
have to love a person with the courage of their convictions:ffsparr:

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
You’re suggesting/hoping there will major disorder if Brexit doesn’t happen?

Yes. Defending democracy is paramount. Calling a referendum, and then trying to ignore it because the elite don't like the result is a total rejection of democracy. Preserving our democracy against those that wish to ignore/destroy it will be just as important as Magna Carta, the English Civil War, the Chartist riots of the early 19th.century, the rise against all odds by the Unions at the end of the 19th.and the beginning of the 20th.centuries, the Suffragettes movement and the campaign to end capital punishment.

All of which, you may have realised, albeit reluctantly and with a sickening feeling in your heart, succeeded against all odds and against the opposition of the Establishment. We will leave, even if not in 2019 if the two-faced lying cowards who cannot face up to their responsibilities and duties temporarily have their way, but hopefully in my lifetime. No apologies from me.

Hampster Gull

Dec 22, 2010
Yes. Defending democracy is paramount. Calling a referendum, and then trying to ignore it because the elite don't like the result is a total rejection of democracy. Preserving our democracy against those that wish to ignore/destroy it will be just as important as Magna Carta, the English Civil War, the Chartist riots of the early 19th.century, the rise against all odds by the Unions at the end of the 19th.and the beginning of the 20th.centuries, the Suffragettes movement and the campaign to end capital punishment.

All of which, you may have realised, albeit reluctantly and with a sickening feeling in your heart, succeeded against all odds and against the opposition of the Establishment. We will leave, even if not in 2019 if the two-faced lying cowards who cannot face up to their responsibilities and duties temporarily have their way, but hopefully in my lifetime. No apologies from me.

Out of interest, do you support Mays deal?

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST

:lolol:

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Democracy doesn’t stand still, stopping at a point of time, never has, never will. This Brexit government has negotiated to leave the EU but amongst others the hard right brextremists MPs rejected it, throwing it all up in the air. Let’s see where our great democratic institution, our sovereign parliament, takes this, but the extreme version of Brexit gets weaker every day
:thumbsup:

No, it doesn't stand still - and any sort of sigh of relief and 'We're still in' in a few months time will indeed be only a head-in-the clouds la-la-la-la fingers in my ear, not listening postponement of democracy.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
There won’t be large scale civil disorder but if anyone thinks a few skinheads and gammons turning over a bin and setting fire to a Wimpy is going to extract us from the EU they are deluded.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Thought it was 15 million as it was over 2 million the gap?Anyway that's 15 million who can't accept a democratic decision.

Brexit isn't to blame for the irish mess....The mess is caused by the idiots in Brussels and bitter remainers trying to tarnish it !!
If everybody would have accepted the decision including the EU who are doing everything to make things difficult then it wouldn't be this bad.

Also to blame is a poor government and remain politicians who won't vote for anything brexit.

This is what happens when you let the EU get to much control.

Hang on

It was us who voted to leave and tell the eu to foxtrot Oscar...and it is their fault?

Wow.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Out of interest, do you support Mays deal?

Marginally (but only marginally) better than staying in. But it's a start. May has indeed picked up the shittiest end of the shittiest stick that any Prime Minister has had to deal with. She hasn't done great, but I doubt if anyone else could have done better, given that most of the Commons MPs, the House of Lords, The Law Courts and the Whtehall mandarins have been out to sabotage her efforts at every step of the way.

But yes, I'd reluctantly take May's deal as better than nothing ............................... for the time being, anyway.

Hampster Gull

Dec 22, 2010
There won’t be large scale civil disorder but if anyone thinks a few skinheads and gammons turning over a bin and setting fire to a Wimpy is going to extract us from the EU they are deluded.

Yep, nothing that we haven’t seen in recent years. All this puffing chests out and talk of reigning hell fire....

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here