Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
There is no plan. May be the politicians and the EU should learn to listen to the concerns of people instead of trying to shut people down.

Read the article. Read it until you’ve understood it. There is a plan.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
For those who believe that democracy is some infallible force for good (which it is in theory but not strictly in reality) I urge you to take the time to watch the documentary Welcome to Leith to see for yourselves how democracy can be used against itself to achieve malevolent aims. In the case of the US town of Leith we see how a well organised, well funded group of Neo-Nazis used the democratic process to gain a majority in a town and turn it into a fascist stronghold. All perfectly legally and using the democratic framework that already existed. It’s both fascinating and frightening how easily it was orchestrated.
Some foretell that Islamic extremists are taking over the west. I say this is a smokescreen created by the far right to distract from their plan of gaining a majority in the European Parliament.
Not your Tommy Robinsons but well organised, capable, well funded, intelligent right wing politicians who know how to work the democratic system to their advantage. Will we still be saying it’s the will of the people and must be enacted? And for the record I’m not insinuating that leave voters desire this outcome but I do think they are being used to facilitate this plan and I think they will regret being manipulated.

Am I talking bollocks? I hope so but let’s not forget the old adage ...The greatest trick the Devil played was convincing the world he didn’t exist.

Last edited:

portslade seagull

Jul 19, 2003
portslade
No. All you needed to do was simply ask if there was a plan and take a look at it ?

After all, how could you list the benefits of something if there was no plan for how and what it was going to be done ?

Still at it I see. Not sure how the leave team which were cobbled together at the last minute by Cammers could come up with a credible plan given he gave them so little time to achieve it before his glorious victory.

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
Still at it I see. Not sure how the leave team which were cobbled together at the last minute by Cammers could come up with a credible plan given he gave them so little time to achieve it before his glorious victory.

But despite that you still voted leave and it's all the arrogant Etonian's fault.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
This whole subject has gone beyond depressing now.

I was reading the leader in The Economist, which correctly (in my view) points out that there are now only 3 courses of action we can take from this point, and they are all dreadful. One is to quit on WTO terms, one is a soft Brexit assuming TM's Chequers plan (or whatever is agreed after negotiations with the EU), and one is to let the people decide between b) and c) in a second referendum. The Economist favours the referendum option (which it argues should be binary between in or out, as people don't like referendums with more than two choices). They recognise that all outcomes are lose-lose from this point, because even it's preferred course of action leaves a bitter, divided nation.

Personally, I'd rather we took the soft Brexit option. Much as I'd prefer us to remain in the EU, another referendum could be disastrous - but not nearly as bad as a no-deal Brexit. I think a soft Brexit is the least damaging as it provides the illusion of freedom and intolerance to racist simpletons like PPF (especially if we can grab some semblance of control over immigration), but we maintain our trading links to the EU, something we've spent 40 years building up.

It really would have helped if the Tories had spent time deciding what aspects of the EU people most objected to BEFORE the vote. It would also have helped if the leave camp had come up with some sort of plan as to how we were going to leave. Neither was enacted, and things are an absolute mess now for these two reasons. There is no justice in the world if the Tories aren't absolutely annihilated in the next general election for what they've done to this country, especially when you consider how the Lib Dems were punished over student grants.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
[TWEET]1022981237395402752[/TWEET]

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
It would also have helped if the leave camp had come up with some sort of plan as to how we were going to leave.

A few weeks ago Dominic Cummings, who was the Chair of Vote Leave, addressed this by saying "we never came up with a plan because doing so meant we wouldn't have won". Basically because they were ambiguous they could let people attach any vision of Leave they wanted onto the idea and as such scrape over the line. Had they set out what Leave position they wanted, they would have alienated some Leave supporters into either voting Remain or not voting at all. George Galloway and Nigel Farage didn't both vote Leave for the same reason, after all.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
The Army has always provided back-up to the civil power,so what is your point?Usually when striking unions cause risk to life,like fire brigades,power supplies,refuse collectors,or terrorists like the IRA damage infrastructure.Would you rather they weren't there,so you could delight in other peoples misery?With their ever expanding production of insulin,I'm sure the US manufacturers would take up the slack in supply.It would just add more workers to the ever-expanding EU dole queue.

The point is not that the army would be doing it. The points are;

1. Brexit was sold as something good, when the reality is it is anything but.
2. This is all a voluntary action, no country in history has chosen to deploy it's own military to help the public through it's own actions.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
[TWEET]1023813434704576513[/TWEET]

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
He is talking about the EU you plum.

Bi-Lateral means between two parties.You have lost the plot.Was it you up the Broadway throwing axes at the police?

Blue3

Jan 27, 2014
Lancing
One good thing though is with Boris no longer Foreign Secretary at least the rest of the world can stop laughing at this departments gaffes or can they

Foreign Secretary Jeremy Hunt mistakenly referred to his wife as Japanese during a visit to Beijing to discuss post-Brexit trade deals between the UK and China.

Mr Hunt's wife is actually Chinese.

Easy mistake to make Jeremy after all .........oh dear

The Tories the gift that just keeps on giving would be funny if the fact was that they are in charge of Brexit!

Klaas

I've changed this
Nov 1, 2017
One good thing though is with Boris no longer Foreign Secretary at least the rest of the world can stop laughing at this departments gaffes or can they

Foreign Secretary Jeremy Hunt mistakenly referred to his wife as Japanese during a visit to Beijing to discuss post-Brexit trade deals between the UK and China.

:lol: Is that true? What a bizarre mistake to make, I mean, if he was in Japan maybe, just maybe I could understand it. A bit.

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
Bi-Lateral means between two parties.You have lost the plot.Was it you up the Broadway throwing axes at the police?

Yes, the two parties are the EU and GB, not Germany and GB. Stop being a bellend. We know he can't be talking about GB and Germany, because as a member state of the EU, Germany can't do bi-lateral trade deals independently, leavers really should know this by now.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex

The Tories the gift that just keeps on giving would be funny if the fact was that they are in charge of Brexit!

I'd imagine that was quite a "frosty" flight home...

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
Yes, the two parties are the EU and GB, not Germany and GB. Stop being a bellend. We know he can't be talking about GB and Germany, because as a member state of the EU, Germany can't do bi-lateral trade deals independently, leavers really should know this by now.

So it wasn't you throwing axes then?The German Foreign Minister was talking to the British Foreign Minister,so how can either of them be talking on behalf of the EU,you bell-end?Bi-lateral would in no way refer to Germany talking about the EU,as the talks were about German/UK relations post-Brexit.The Foreign Minister might give you a clue there.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here