Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
As much fun as the last couple of weeks of whataboutism has been, the choice is still the same as the day after the referendum, and will still be the same tomorrow

1. Softest of soft Brexits
2. Another vote
3. No deal

And since 3 isn't going to happen :shrug:

But carry on.....

*edit * Christ almighty, I agree with Heseltine on the news just now. Didn’t see that coming 40 years ago

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
As much fun as the last couple of weeks of whataboutism has been, the choice is still the same as the day after the referendum, and will still be the same tomorrow

2. Another vote
3. No deal

But carry on.....

Not so sure about 3, whilst no majority in parliament, its no time to be complacent. Wrote to my own MP today...

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/may-s-chosen-path-still-leads-to-no-deal-brexit-jjd0rqn0f

Ernest

Stupid IDIOT
Nov 8, 2003
LOONEY BIN

2. Another vote
3. No deal

But carry on.....

*edit * Christ almighty, I agree with Heseltine on the news just now. Didn’t see that coming 40 years ago

Forget it totally and revoke Article 50

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
Although it would be hilarious to see a 'no deal' Brexiteer get elected to deliver 'no deal', you could never justify the number of innocent people who would suffer :down:

If only for a week or two, before we re-joined

Last edited:

daveinplzen

Aug 31, 2018
As we get closer to economic misery for the country, its cool to see leavers laughing and joking about it on forums. :thumbsup:

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Regardless of any economic growth (and that's not always a good thing) when the birth rate is 1.7/1.8 and life expectancy is rising, then it's clear that we need considerable levels of immigration or we're heading for a period, at some point in the future, where the majority of people will be over 60.

Our birth-rate has been low for the last 40 years but we've economically buoyant thanks to high levels of immigration - if that were to be stopped, we'd be in trouble in years to come. If we had zero immigration, we'd have to some very hard choices to make - unless we want 70-year-old coppers and firefighters.

Japan is just about hitting that point now, which is why it's talking about a big influx of immigrants but it's going to be tough for the country to make that cultural shift.

Yes. Heseltine on the radio pointing out that half our immigrants were from outside the EU before the vote, when May was in charge of immigration, and she knew it, and did nothing because she knew we needed these people or various parts of our enconomy including the NHS would collapse. Maybe volunteering to manage Brexit was a form of personal atonement (she is an honorouble person in my view).

The prevailing concensus now seems to be that we either go hard Brexit with no deal, or have another referendum. Since a no deal is unthinkable, the second referendum is inevitable.

Tonight the tories will vote to keep May in power. But it will not help her get her Brexit deal through parliament. The tories are ****ed and Corbyn (FFS) is playing a clever hand by not forcing a confidence vote. Still don't like him, but there we are.

****ing Cameron. What has he done?

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
As we get closer to economic misery for the country, its cool to see leavers laughing and joking about it on forums. :thumbsup:

Indeed. But any price is worth paying to Get Back Control of our Borders. This is a Christian country, which means that if your face doesn't fit you should Go Back Home. Know what I mean???

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
Returning the whip to those two Tories today is about as openly shameless as it gets. Another disgusting move by this horrific government.

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
Is there any chance you can give your crystal ball a clean or simply admit it doesn’t work.
You shift between only three options are possible but change what the three options are to include an extra option
And no another referendum,a remain win and subsequent revoking A50 is not the same as parliament simply revoking A50......but you know that.

2. Another vote
3. No deal

the only choices are the same as they always were

1.Softest of soft Brexits.
2.Cancel article 50.
3. WTO no deal.

and then you have your only two options days when you forget you had a third option in the first place and change your two options as well when you forget what they were too.
Did you buy your crystal ball at poundland?

I have said this all along. My bet is that we will either have the softest of soft Brexits, paying in but having no influence or there will be some sort of referendum or GE.

I can't see how from that point, we were going to get anything other than the 'softest of soft Brexits' or 'No deal'.

And when is this softest of soft Brexits going to be announced or even proposed? Ken Clarke was on the beeb after the current EU/UK draft deal was discussed in the House saying May should abandon this deal and go for a soft Brexit instead where we permanently stay as members of THE customs union and remain members of the single market. If Ken Clarke doesn’t think we currently have a soft brexit deal what makes you think you know more than him.

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
Have not seen it, did they go with the Norway spruce option?

No
Norway Spruce lost and Caucasian fir won the competition, but as is the norm nowadays all entrants for the Downing Street tree must be from British growers.:thumbsup:

All Hail British trees..........of Russian or Georgian and Turkish descent

JCL666

absurdism
Sep 23, 2011
Watching Alastair Campbell and Nigel Farage arguing on CH4 just sums up how stupid this whole Brexit BS is.

FFS I mean if people want to Leave then revoking article 50 would give an opportunity to learn from this and actually build a better case and a plan.

But instead "Brexit means Brexit"

I give up.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
And when is this softest of soft Brexits going to be announced or even proposed? Ken Clarke was on the beeb after the current EU/UK draft deal was discussed in the House saying May should abandon this deal and go for a soft Brexit instead where we permanently stay as members of THE customs union and remain members of the single market. If Ken Clarke doesn’t think we currently have a soft brexit deal what makes you think you know more than him.

that "soft brexit" sounds an awful lot like not leaving.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
Is there any chance you can give your crystal ball a clean or simply admit it doesn’t work.
You shift between only three options are possible but change what the three options are to include an extra option
And no another referendum,a remain win and subsequent revoking A50 is not the same as parliament simply revoking A50......but you know that.

and then you have your only two options days when you forget you had a third option in the first place and change your two options as well when you forget what they were too.
Did you buy your crystal ball at poundland?

Does this mean I have my very own stalker :blush:

I hope that didn't take you too long to search out all those quotes

Although I wished you'd washed your hands first

Last edited:

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
At least if May wins the vote 52% vs 48% the leavers will stop moaning right ?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here