Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
I watched the brexit questions in the commons right through earlier.
If it wasn't so very serious it would have been funny.
May getting it from all sides and mostly she only had 3 answers from a written down list that she gave back in reply time and time again.
Even if someone proved her wrong on the 'deal' she still gave the same answer.
Eventually she gave up and just kept saying ' I refer you to my previous answers'.
It was a farce, May mostly on her own protecting her deal when nearly everyone else in the chamber knew she was hopelessly wrong.
Not a chance of getting this through.
I cannot believe that even the most ardent leaver cannot see what a complete shambles this has become.
For the sake of the future of this country and for the kids future, somehow we have got to get out of this, we are going to send this country down the drain if we don't.

Judging from that diatribe, I guess you would be one who identifies themselves in the remoaner camp? Just pointing out to you that leavers do have some deductive skills...

"I cannot believe that even the most ardent leaver cannot see what a complete shambles this has become" - well, yes, it has rather, with a huge majority of politicians and civil servants in Westminster and Whitehall rabidly anti-Brexit. Well, that's hardly the fault of the leavers, is it? Leavers' objectives are still vey clear, not fuzzy or mudded thinking at all - it is the remoaners refusal to accept that they are in a minority that has made leaving the EU far more difficult than it should gave been.

Expect an expostulation on the intellectual superiority of remainers any time now.

Back. Duck's. Off. Water

"For the sake of the future of this country and for the kids future, somehow we have got to get out of" the EU.

melias shoes

Oct 14, 2010
Judging from that diatribe, I guess you would be one who identifies themselves in the remoaner camp? Just pointing out to you that leavers do have some deductive skills...

"I cannot believe that even the most ardent leaver cannot see what a complete shambles this has become" - well, yes, it has rather, with a huge majority of politicians and civil servants in Westminster and Whitehall rabidly anti-Brexit. Well, that's hardly the fault of the leavers, is it? Leavers' objectives are still vey clear, not fuzzy or mudded thinking at all - it is the remoaners refusal to accept that they are in a minority that has made leaving the EU far more difficult than it should gave been.

Expect an expostulation on the intellectual superiority of remainers any time now.

Back. Duck's. Off. Water

"For the sake of the future of this country and for the kids future, somehow we have got to get out of" the EU.

Spot on. I've been saying this for months. Their refusal to accept has made this far worse than it should've been.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
I cannot believe that even the most ardent leaver cannot see what a complete shambles this has become.

Dominic Raab (ardent leaver and former Brexit secretary) speaking on Today. "If you just presented me terms: this deal or EU membership, because we would effectively be bound by the same rules without the control or voice over them, yes I think this would be even worse than that."

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
Leavers' objectives are still vey clear, not fuzzy or mudded thinking at all -

Well Theresa May has come up with a Leave deal and most Leavers are saying it's a load of bollocks so you might say the objectives aren't clear.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
Dominic Raab (ardent leaver and former Brexit secretary) speaking on Today. "If you just presented me terms: this deal or EU membership, because we would effectively be bound by the same rules without the control or voice over them, yes I think this would be even worse than that."

Realistically I’m not sure what he expected, it was always going to be something along these lines.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003

Back. Duck's. Off. Water

So you really believe that if Boris was in charge we would have got a better deal from the EU?

Really?

The. with. fairies. away.

Last edited:

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Realistically I’m not sure what he expected, it was always going to be something along these lines.

Putting the words realistic and expectations into the same sentence, on this thread, is asking for trouble.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
So you really believe that if Boris was in charge we would have got a better deal from the EU?

The man that brought Water Cannons for London, lost 40 million on a bridge and watched over the Olympic stadium bidding.

Don’t know why you are questioning his ability?

The. with. fairies. away.

The man that brought Water Cannons for London, lost 40 million on a bridge and watched over the Olympic stadium bidding.

The EU would have loved him to do it, imagine how much more they could have got!

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Spot on. I've been saying this for months. Their refusal to accept has made this far worse than it should've been.
Theresa DisMay's biggest error, really.

She should have reached out to the whole country, laid on a charm offensive and worked tirelessly to get almost everyone on board with the project, selling a positive beneficial outcome.

Only once that important groundwork had been completed, should she have moved on to negotiations.

Instead it was full steam ahead with vacuous and meaningless red, white and blue soundbites, and a new coin design.

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
In case anyone ever wondered why Gibraltar voted 96% remain, as well as this I read the Spanish Ambassador to The EU is apparently reported as pointing out to his German counterpart that as Spain backed German unification, solidarity should be reciprocated on this issue.

[tweet]1065719004923342850[/tweet]

Rodney Thomas

May 2, 2012
Ελλάδα

Back. Duck's. Off. Water

How do you feel about all the Leave politicians that have completely shirked any leadership role with regards to either Brexit or the country in general. Surely they take some responsibility? I think we can both agree that the politicians on both sides of the spectrum have let everyone (again, that's both sides) down. Personally, I feel that Leave politicians have got off lightly particularly from Leave voters.

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex

She should have reached out to the whole country, laid on a charm offensive and worked tirelessly to get almost everyone on board with the project, selling a positive beneficial outcome.

Only once that important groundwork had been completed, should she have moved on to negotiations.

Instead it was full steam ahead with vacuous and meaningless red, white and blue soundbites, and a new coin design.

After her fantasy Mansion House speech in March 2017, written purely for the benefit of Rees-Mogg and Farage and other like minded individuals which had them all dribbling with excitement, she'd dug her own hole in that regard.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat

The EU would have loved him to do it, imagine how much more they could have got!

A bridge over the Channel, so all the immigrants can just jog across.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly

Don't forget the Blue passports, another dumb gimick that did nothing but sow division.

She will try and carry on unless we reach People's Vote territory and then she'll be gone.

Can't wait for Christmas....

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here