View Poll Results: Is Theresa May is out of her depth?

Voters
575. You may not vote on this poll
  • She doesn't know what she is doing

405 70.43%
  • She knows exactly what she is doing

170 29.57%
Page 5038 of 5685 FirstFirst ... 4038453849384988502850355036503750385039504050415048508851385538 ... LastLast
Results 50,371 to 50,380 of 56847

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by astralavi View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I wonder if thoughts when voting will turn to Joe Cox. I hope intimidation is not a factor...perhaps an over reaction but the far right are very vocal about an outcome they do not like. Express headline 'ignore will of people at your peril' can be read in a few ways. Lots of comments on that forum saying there will be protests bigger then Tommy Robinson's..etc
    https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-44452529

• North Stand Chat

advertising

1 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Simster View Post
      One-eyed Brexiteers like him always think that anyone looking to postpone Brexit are actually looking to postpone it indefinitely.
      It's not just 'One -eyed Brexiteers', anyone with an iota of intelligence can see that this is exactly what is going on. The vast majority of the political establishment are in favour of overturning/ignoring/sabotaging Brexit by any means - and I mean any. I'm sure there are even a few one-eyed remainers who can see this too; it just doesn't suit their agenda to admit it.
      They will provide conclusive evidence of this by vehemently denying it.
      The voice of reason. hans kraay fan club's Avatar

4 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by GT49er View Post
      It's not just 'One -eyed Brexiteers', anyone with an iota of intelligence can see that this is exactly what is going on. The vast majority of the political establishment are in favour of overturning/ignoring/sabotaging Brexit by any means - and I mean any. I'm sure there are even a few one-eyed remainers who can see this too; it just doesn't suit their agenda to admit it.
      They will provide conclusive evidence of this by vehemently denying it.
      I personally, certainly wouldn't even try to deny that. I wouldn't put quite the same slant on it, of course.

I'm very happy to see Brexit delayed, and delayed until such time as good resolutions can be found, to the benefit of the nation.

If finding a good deal takes a long time, so be it. Why rush into a bad situation, just to 'get it done'. What is the benefit of that?

If finding a good deal takes so very long that it is clear that the electorate wish to change their minds in the meantime, all the better.

IMO of course.
      The above post is simply my opinion. I am not bullying you, should it differ from your own.
      Two Mad Professors

0 Not allowed!
      I wish more Tory MP had the gonads to resign over this. The people running the Brexit negotiations are making an absolute mess of it, predictably. Whenever they don't get their own way, they rant over Twitter about how the EU is holding us to ransom or shamefully playing the Irish border or some other crock of shit. Absolutely clueless.
      Quite frankly,if he had any gonads he would resign as an MP,and re-fight as an independent.Not going to happen though,is it?
      In Chris We Trust.

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Baldseagull View Post
      He is correct, the Brexit fanatic just wants it done ASAP, however badly, so that we can't change our minds. It is an utter waste of time to try and find a transition position that tries to replicate membership whilst not being a member, and negotiating an extension to the timetable whilst remaining full members would be far simpler and should keep the option of revoking A50 open, if the Will of The People was to do so.
      One-eyed Brexiteers like him always think that anyone looking to postpone Brexit are actually looking to postpone it indefinitely.

I can understand that - this process should clearly take us way beyond 2019 if it is to be done properly. The issue for them is that by the time we've negotiated the terms properly, most of the country will be of the opinion it was a stupid idea in the first place and thus want to remain.

What a total mess we're leaving for our children. No more rights of movement to Europe that we took for granted, and an economy that will constantly eroded owing to trade tariffs that previously weren't there.

It is not one eyed or fanatical to want this concluded. It is true Brexiters want this withdrawal finalised and then a finalised and concluded trade arrangement with the EU, but surely everyone who wishes the country well wants the trade arrangements concluded. There is after all a clearly defined timeline (subject to a non binding extension for both parties) for withdrawal.
      Your own stance of keeping us as members of The EU for an extended timeline is the narrow minded and blinkered standpoint. You completely disregard the fact that this standpoint of membership instead of an implementation period would mean trade arrangements cannot be finalised.
      You are in effect seeking a permanent state of limbo on trade with the EU.
      One does have to question therefore your motives for not wanting trade arrangements concluded, since most of you are not forthcoming why you believe trade arrangements should be put on hold then the only conclusion is you are trying to wreck the whole process by any means possible.
      Jazz Festival n. The purchase of two or more Noddy books at one time.
      Two Mad Professors

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Herr Tubthumper View Post
      Seriously, do you actually think for even one nano-second before you post? All you ever do is post total and utter drivel, lies to bolster your standing and nonsense driven by your pathological need to reply to each and every post. Please, if you are capable, just stop and think. Something worth considering is that you do not have to reply to everything; less can be more and in your case it will be.

Think about it, and start by not replying to this.
      Not replying is both rude and an admission that you are right.Perhaps you might be happier if you didn't just jump into conversations that didn't mention or involve you.Then you might to revert to the pleasant,polite,informed poster you used to be.
      In Chris We Trust.

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by nicko31 View Post
      The Tory civil war rages on, what a mess
      Each to his choice, and I rejoice the lot has fallen to me
      In a fair ground-in a fair ground -
      Yea, Sussex by the sea!

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Ernest View Post
      Each to his choice, and I rejoice the lot has fallen to me
      In a fair ground-in a fair ground -
      Yea, Sussex by the sea!

0 Not allowed!
      ****ing hell the front page of the Daily Express is basically a call to arms.
      NEW SCHTUMMCAST. MORE VIBES AVAILABLE HERE >>>>>> http://soundcloud.com/schtumm/schtum...0-neal-schtumm
      Members

1 Not allowed!
      Seem the Tory rebels will keep some powder dry for next month, limit government defeats, keep May in a job, then hit her on the customs bill. It will be July with no time for a leadership contest before October.
      Brexit is like trying to remove the egg from an omelette. Updated 2018