View Poll Results: Is Theresa May is out of her depth?

Voters
504. You may not vote on this poll
  • She doesn't know what she is doing

    347 68.85%
  • She knows exactly what she is doing

    157 31.15%
Page 4392 of 4424 FirstFirst ... 3392389242924342438243894390439143924393439443954402 ... LastLast
Results 43,911 to 43,920 of 44237
  1. #43911
    aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch Westdene Seagull's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    The arse end of Hangleton
    Posts
    14,242


    2 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Herr Tubthumper View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Blah blah. We moved on from this tiresome argument months ago.
    No we haven't - just the remainers wish we had because it's one of the reasons the country voted to leave.
    The devil whispered in my ear : "You're not strong enough to withstand the storm."
    I whispered in the devils ear : " I am the storm."

    • North Stand Chat

      advertising
      Join Date: Jul 2003
      Posts: Lots

        


    • #43912
      A. Virgo, Football Genius
      Join Date
      Jul 2003
      Posts
      23,544


      1 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Herr Tubthumper View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      Blah blah. We moved on from this tiresome argument months ago.
      you may have. some might still think its important question about the very nature of the EU, and go some way to explain why some what to leave.
      Daily Mail readers are living in a perpetual hell, expecting their homes to be overrun at any minute by hoodie wearing, skunk smoking, muslim, transgender, asylum seekers.
    • #43913
      aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch Westdene Seagull's Avatar
      Join Date
      Oct 2003
      Location
      The arse end of Hangleton
      Posts
      14,242


      1 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by BigGully View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      You tend to move on alot when you get found out ...................
      Either that or they start using words such as 'Spacktard' - such a lovely idea to merge 'Spastic' and 'retard' - both disgusting words from the 70s.
      The devil whispered in my ear : "You're not strong enough to withstand the storm."
      I whispered in the devils ear : " I am the storm."
    • #43914
      Sanity Clause vegster's Avatar
      Join Date
      May 2008
      Posts
      16,780


      0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Westdene Seagull View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      I'll give you a positive once we LEAVE ( it's rather pointless suggesting a positive before then as nothing has actually changed - i.e. we're still in the EU ).

      Animal welfare - for example, we'll be able to ban the import of Foie Gras once out of the EU. We can't do that at the moment. Or indeed live animal exports / imports.
      Or, we could have stayed in the EU and used the European Parliament to lobby to improve animal welfare standards and phase out inhumane practices.

      There would never be a ban in this country as who on society is eating all the Foie Gras that's imported? If banned the producers would find a ready market in China anyway.
      I had run 17 miles from Grayshades before the school leopard caught me.....

      " Wisdom comes from experience. Experience is often a result of lack of wisdom "
      Terry Pratchett 1948 – 2015
    • #43915
      Members Herr Tubthumper's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jul 2003
      Location
      The Fatherland
      Posts
      40,689


      0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by BigGully View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      You tend to move on alot when you get found out ...................
      I agree. Misunderstanding, creating straw man argument after straw man argument, and then when all else has failed out and out lying.
      "I will design a town in the image of your face. Round the wrinkles of your eyes my footsteps you can trace. We could promenade down infra-nasel depression. The streets of your hands will never feel a recession."
    • #43916
      Members Herr Tubthumper's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jul 2003
      Location
      The Fatherland
      Posts
      40,689


      0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by vegster View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      Or, we could have stayed in the EU and used the European Parliament to lobby to improve animal welfare standards and phase out inhumane practices.

      There would never be a ban in this country as who on society is eating all the Foie Gras that's imported? If banned the producers would find a ready market in China anyway.
      Quite.
      "I will design a town in the image of your face. Round the wrinkles of your eyes my footsteps you can trace. We could promenade down infra-nasel depression. The streets of your hands will never feel a recession."
    • #43917
      Members
      Join Date
      Sep 2006
      Posts
      6,823


      0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Herr Tubthumper View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      I agree. Misunderstanding, creating straw man argument after straw man argument, and then when all else has failed out and out lying.
      Let me call you out again, what is this out and out lie you keep referring to ?
    • #43918
      aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch Westdene Seagull's Avatar
      Join Date
      Oct 2003
      Location
      The arse end of Hangleton
      Posts
      14,242


      0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by vegster View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      Or, we could have stayed in the EU and used the European Parliament to lobby to improve animal welfare standards and phase out inhumane practices.

      There would never be a ban in this country as who on society is eating all the Foie Gras that's imported? If banned the producers would find a ready market in China anyway.
      Quote Originally Posted by Herr Tubthumper View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      Quite.
      France and Bulgaria have already rejected any changes to Foie Gras production or a ban meaning we can't ban it's import while we're in the EU. Likewise Italy has rejected any changes to it's practices in dairy farming for Parmesan cheese - so once again there is nothing we can do to put pressure on them. Good old Eu eh ?
      The devil whispered in my ear : "You're not strong enough to withstand the storm."
      I whispered in the devils ear : " I am the storm."
    • #43919
      Members The Clamp's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jan 2016
      Location
      West is BEST
      Posts
      4,538


      1 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Westdene Seagull View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      France and Bulgaria have already rejected any changes to Foie Gras production or a ban meaning we can't ban it's import while we're in the EU. Likewise Italy has rejected any changes to it's practices in dairy farming for Parmesan cheese - so once again there is nothing we can do to put pressure on them. Good old Eu eh ?
      The problem with your argument is that nobody buys the idea that you are interested in Foie Gras and the fact that it is the only positive (arguable) you have managed to find about Brexit. It's just not a very plausible position for you to take.
      Nearly.
    • #43920
      Members
      Join Date
      May 2015
      Location
      Bloody Worthing!
      Posts
      1,262


      2 Not allowed!
      Boris's speech summed up in a few propositions:
      1. Leave voters were more internationalist than Remain
      2. Since we joined the EU we speak fewer European languages
      3. Real European integration will be achieved by building a bridge
      4. Some non-EU countries at performing better than us therefore leaving the EU will make us richer
      5. Brits have never really like the EU much anyway
      6. EU workers have held back our economy
      7. I want to be Prime Minister

      I have to say that only point 7 really convinced me.

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •