View Poll Results: Is Theresa May is out of her depth?

Voters
575. You may not vote on this poll
  • She doesn't know what she is doing

405 70.43%
  • She knows exactly what she is doing

170 29.57%

Nearly.

• North Stand Chat

advertising

Members

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by The Clamp View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      I am guessing you didn't hear that the Bank of England had revised the growth forecast for the UK from 1.5% 2018 and 1.7% 2019 made in November 2017 to 1.7% for 2018 and 1.8% for 2019 made in January 2018.

http://uk.businessinsider.com/bank-o...ebruary-2018-2

You really need to stop running your political view from just the Guardian headlines.

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by BigGully View Post
      I am guessing you didn't hear that the Bank of England had revised the growth forecast for the UK from 1.5% 2018 and 1.7% 2019 made in November 2017 to 1.7% for 2018 and 1.8% for 2019 made in January 2018.

You really need to stop running your political view from just the Guardian headlines.
      As discussed, I don't. Listen up at the back.
      Nearly.
      Members

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by The Clamp View Post
      As discussed, I don't. Listen up at the back.
      So in answer to my question did you know that only recently and one month after you slightly out of date Guardian headline the BoE had revised our figures upwards, if so then why quote your outdated example above the BoE and if not then 'whats the point'.
      Last edited by BigGully; 13-02-2018 at 12:59.
      Members

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Papa Lazarou View Post
      And he provided none.
      Serious question, can you provide the bad news, not vague insults on a negotiation process that hasn't even started yet and will never deliver your preferred Remain outcome or throwing rotten eggs at you favourite villainous politicians we all have those, but something tangible that is a direct result of the referendum and something that is quantifiable ?

If I was you I know what I would say but I still cannot see anything that is particularly problematic or offers validation that the future economic performance for the UK is doomed.

0 Not allowed!

In the same BoE report did you read the bit Carney said about Brexit:

“Developments regarding the United Kingdom's withdrawal from the European Union — and in particular the reaction of households, businesses and asset prices to them, remain the most significant influence on, and source of uncertainty about, the economic outlook." and how the U.K. economy lags global growth?

Did you miss this quote “ UK economy expanded by 1.8 per cent in 2017, the weakest calendar year of growth since 2012”

What about this one “Business investment is not up any way to the degree that the world economy growing at over 4 percent with the easiest financial conditions, most supportive financial conditions in over a decade”

Look what you could have had.
      "I will design a town in the image of your face. Round the wrinkles of your eyes my footsteps you can trace. We could promenade down infra-nasel depression. The streets of your hands will never feel a recession."

0 Not allowed!
      Let's go local, let's have a look what the people on the ground outside the Sussex bubble think could happen....

https://www.birminghammail.co.uk/new...rn-uk-13903409
      Nearly.
      Members

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Herr Tubthumper View Post
      In the same BoE report did you read the bit Carney said about Brexit:

“Developments regarding the United Kingdom's withdrawal from the European Union — and in particular the reaction of households, businesses and asset prices to them, remain the most significant influence on, and source of uncertainty about, the economic outlook." and how the U.K. economy lags global growth?

Did you miss this quote “ UK economy expanded by 1.8 per cent in 2017, the weakest calendar year of growth since 2012”

What about this one “Business investment is not up any way to the degree that the world economy growing at over 4 percent with the easiest financial conditions, most supportive financial conditions in over a decade”

Look what you could have had.
      So if you want to stick to BoE figures to discuss then I am more than happy, there are always challenges in any economy very rarely do the planets align for perfect performance, not even in Gemany but just take a minute to look at what YOU and you mate The Clamp have posted and then give me an actual BoE figure or statement that supports those post, it's called credibility and you guy's have none, zilch, nada, zip.

Herr Tubthumper:

The U.K. economy is tanking, the pound is collapsing, unemployment rising
      The way the country is collapsing around your ears you'll all be living in 3rd world conditions very shortly.
      Do you really and genuinely think the current chaos of the U.K. economy is merely some re-adjustment
      Britain on the brink.
      The German economy continues to expand at a robust pace and research team at BNP Paribas expects GDP to grow by 1.8% during 2016." (good enough for Germany not good enough for the UK)

The Clamp, too many to mention.

Experts are predicting a recession.That was my simple, succinct point. (I love this one)
      Financial experts admit they thought it would happen quicker but they also all agree it is happening. Undeniably.
      Our economy is crashing
      There'll be a huge crash and people will lose homes, cars, marriages and livelihoods
      I wouldn't be surprised if article 50 never gets filed
      The Disowned Masses

1 Not allowed!
      Serious question, can you provide the bad news, not vague insults on a negotiation process that hasn't even started yet and will never deliver your preferred Remain outcome or throwing rotten eggs at you favourite villainous politicians we all have those, but something tangible that is a direct result of the referendum and something that is quantifiable ?

If I was you I know what I would say but I still cannot see anything that is particularly problematic or offers validation that the future economic performance for the UK is doomed.
      I don't know if you believe experts, but these were the government's own figures for the impact of Brexit. They don't look like a 'Brexit Dividend' to me.

Name:  brexit.png
Views: 54
Size:  22.0 KB
      Follow @kmoorman1968 on Twitter

0 Not allowed!
      So if you want to stick to BoE figures to discuss then I am more than happy, there are always challenges in any economy very rarely do the planets align for perfect performance, not even in Gemany but just take a minute to look at what YOU and you mate The Clamp have posted and then give me an actual BoE figure or statement that supports those post, it's called credibility and you guy's have none, zilch, nada, zip.

Herr Tubthumper:

The U.K. economy is tanking, the pound is collapsing, unemployment rising
      The way the country is collapsing around your ears you'll all be living in 3rd world conditions very shortly.
      Do you really and genuinely think the current chaos of the U.K. economy is merely some re-adjustment
      Britain on the brink.
      The German economy continues to expand at a robust pace and research team at BNP Paribas expects GDP to grow by 1.8% during 2016." (good enough for Germany not good enough for the UK)

The Clamp, too many to mention.

Experts are predicting a recession.That was my simple, succinct point. (I love this one)
      Financial experts admit they thought it would happen quicker but they also all agree it is happening. Undeniably.
      Our economy is crashing
      There'll be a huge crash and people will lose homes, cars, marriages and livelihoods
      I wouldn't be surprised if article 50 never gets filed
      Yep. Stand by all of those. I wouldn't have been surprised if A50 had never been filed.

Just wait. We haven't left yet but when we do...oh boy, it will be worse than even I could predict. It;s in the post.
      Nearly.