View Poll Results: Is Theresa May is out of her depth?

Voters
602. You may not vote on this poll
  • She doesn't know what she is doing

426 70.76%
  • She knows exactly what she is doing

176 29.24%

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by The Clamp View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    If Pretty Pink Fairy can't manage it with his subtle diplomatic nuances Boris hasn't got a hope.
    I know we don’t need further evidence of this government’s utter ineptitude but choosing one of politics most divisive MPs to try and unify the nation is utterly absurd. And just as bad is that this news goes around the world. It’s ****ing embarrassing.
    "I will design a town in the image of your face. Round the wrinkles of your eyes my footsteps you can trace. We could promenade down infra-nasel depression. The streets of your hands will never feel a recession."

• North Stand Chat

advertising

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Herr Tubthumper View Post
      I know we don’t need further evidence of this government’s utter ineptitude but choosing one of politics most divisive MPs to try and unify the nation is utterly absurd. And just as bad is that this news goes around the world. It’s ****ing embarrassing.
      tell me all about it

regards
      DR

0 Not allowed!
      I have almost given up posting onto this thread but occasionally pop in to see what's occurring and it's the same old same old the flat earth society won the referendum we are leaving the EU and since then it's been one bit of bad news after another but can anyone give me a single possative related to Brexit that has happened to date?

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Pretty pink fairy View Post
      tell me all about it

regards
      DR
      Thanks, I take this as a compliment.
      "I will design a town in the image of your face. Round the wrinkles of your eyes my footsteps you can trace. We could promenade down infra-nasel depression. The streets of your hands will never feel a recession."
      Not seen such Bravery! Blue Valkyrie's Avatar

2 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Blue3 View Post
      I have almost given up posting onto this thread but occasionally pop in to see what's occurring and it's the same old same old the flat earth society won the referendum we are leaving the EU and since then it's been one bit of bad news after another but can anyone give me a single possative related to Brexit that has happened to date?
      Calling Dr No.
      Out of contract June 2019 : Bruno, Bong

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by larus View Post
      I work in IT and my industry (and me personally no doubt) will have been responsible for the losses of many jobs over time.
      Word processors - all those typing pool jobs gone.
      Business systems - automatic printing of paperwork - see above.
      Then data input - barcode reading, SFDC systems, electronic transactions. All removing the need for human intervention.
      Automatic reporting of data - no manual intervention required.
      Etc, etc. All this leads to efficiency/productivity gains, but so often these things are resisted by the left as “you’re taking our jobs away”. There is some truth in that, but without the productive gains, these industries eventually become uncompetitive and wither away, so you lose all of the jobs.

One thing I read recently is that within the UK, being that we are more of a service industry, it’s much harder to get ‘productivity improvements”. It’s easier in manufacturing, as you can improve automation/speed of machines. If you’re selling ‘time’ services, how can you measure productivity and how can you improve? This is where statistics can be very misleading

Quote Originally Posted by portslade seagull View Post
      Most service companies normally do time in motion studies ( and that's not a no2 ) to try and increase productivity
      I spent a 25 year career using technology to improve productivity and accuracy in financial services companies. Having originally trained as a Manufacturing production engineer at Hollingbury, I can definitely say there was more scope for improvements in services than manufacturing.

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by larus View Post
      I work in IT and my industry (and me personally no doubt) will have been responsible for the losses of many jobs over time.
      Word processors - all those typing pool jobs gone.
      Business systems - automatic printing of paperwork - see above.
      Then data input - barcode reading, SFDC systems, electronic transactions. All removing the need for human intervention.
      Automatic reporting of data - no manual intervention required.
      Etc, etc. All this leads to efficiency/productivity gains, but so often these things are resisted by the left as “you’re taking our jobs away”. There is some truth in that, but without the productive gains, these industries eventually become uncompetitive and wither away, so you lose all of the jobs.

One thing I read recently is that within the UK, being that we are more of a service industry, it’s much harder to get ‘productivity improvements”. It’s easier in manufacturing, as you can improve automation/speed of machines. If you’re selling ‘time’ services, how can you measure productivity and how can you improve? This is where statistics can be very misleading
      Traditionally it's the right of Centre that oppose modernisation but nice try to insult the left.
      Love Great Britain
      Love the EU
      Love Inclusion and Progression.
      Members

1 Not allowed!
      Traditionally it's the right of Centre that oppose modernisation but nice try to insult the left.
      Every time you post you insult the left ...........

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by BigGully View Post
      Every time you post you insult the left ...........
      I'm not left.
      Love Great Britain
      Love the EU
      Love Inclusion and Progression.
      Members

0 Not allowed!
      I'm not left.
      Oh ok, every time you post you insult everyone........