Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-42368096

Brexit: EU leaders agree to move talks onto next stage

EU leaders have agreed to move Brexit talks on to the second phase, says European Council President Donald Tusk.

This means talks can move on to the long-term relationship between the UK and EU, including trade and security.

The first issue to be discussed, as early as next week, will be the terms of a transition period after the UK leaves in March 2019.

European Commission President Jean-Claude Juncker has warned this process will be "significantly harder".

Mr Tusk tweeted the news after a meeting of the other 27 EU leaders in Brussels.

He congratulated UK Prime Minister Theresa May on reaching what the BBC's political editor Laura Kuenssberg said was a major moment in the Brexit process.

Twitter post by @eucopresident
EU leaders agree to move on to the second phase of #Brexit talks. Congratulations PM @theresa_may
— Donald Tusk (@eucopresident) December 15, 2017
End of Twitter post by @eucopresident

Mrs May has said she wants both sides to approach the next phase of negotiations, which will determine the long-term shape of the UK relations with the EU, with "creativity and ambition".

The EU has published its guidelines for phase two of the negotiations, with discussions on future economic co-operation not likely to begin until March.

The UK reached agreement with the European Commission last week that "sufficient progress" had been made on so-called divorce issues, such as citizens' rights and financial liabilities, to move onto the next phase.

Mr Juncker said on Friday that the EU's initial priority was to "formalise the agreement" that had been reached before moving forward.

Mrs May is set to discuss her vision of the "end-state" for the UK outside the EU at a cabinet meeting on Tuesday, having suffered her first Commons defeat earlier this week.

#fullsteamahead

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST

Hold the front page : Old man from the North doesn't like immigration.

Well, colour me shocked.

Actually quite heartbreaking to watch. These are the towns and the people that will suffer the most under brexit and he believes he voted leave to help his town and it's people. Leave campaign should be thoroughly ashamed of themselves.

He is however, talking bollocks. Yes, they voted to leave. End of. No say in how it's done. Just leave. They got what they wished for, he is a bit thick if he doesn't understand that.

Last edited:

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
Actually quite heartbreaking to watch. These are the towns and the people that will suffer the most under brexit and he believes he voted leave to help his town and it's people. Leave campaign should be thoroughly ashamed of themselves.

because you are so much cleverer and more educated and sophisticated and whatnot than he is... poor peasant. :nono:

BigGully

Sep 8, 2006

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K2k1iRD2f-c

Yes yes whereas you can 'adapt and flourish' under Brexit, thanks for saving the oiks you are truly selfless.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

He’s an utter fool if he thinks decades and decades of Tory governmental neglect will reverse after Brexit.

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
"‪We will deliver on the will of the British people and get the best Brexit deal for our country - securing the greatest possible access to European markets, boosting free trade with countries across the world, and delivering control over our borders, laws and money.‬"

Attachments

• 25398763_1994713857212044_7739025126838807980_n.jpg
    25398763_1994713857212044_7739025126838807980_n.jpg
    67.9 KB · Views: 74

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
because you are so much cleverer and more educated and sophisticated and whatnot than he is... poor peasant. :nono:

Well, I didn't fall for the Leave lies and I didn't vote in a way that will withdraw hundreds of thousands of pounds of funding from my local area. Yes, I consider myself to be better informed than him. Although it's not fashionable to say it , some working class folk in the North are as out of touch as the Toffs in London.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
"‪We will deliver on the will of the British people and get the best Brexit deal for our country - securing the greatest possible access to European markets, boosting free trade with countries across the world, and delivering control over our borders, laws and money.‬"

Pahahaha. Let's all see what the best possible deal she can get us looks like shall we!?? Hahahah. Jesus wept. :laugh::lolol:

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
He’s an utter fool if he thinks decades and decades of Tory governmental neglect will reverse after Brexit.

Racist idiot who hasn't a clue what to think or say apart from what the Daily Mail tells him to, doesn't even know that there is only 4% immigrants in Barnsley, typical thick Yorkshireman

Well, I didn't fall for the Leave lies and I didn't vote in a way that will withdraw hundreds of thousands of pounds of funding from my local area. Yes, I consider myself to be better informed than him. Although it's not fashionable to say it , some working class folk in the North are as out of touch as the Toffs in London.

The authentic voice of the Left Wing.

#embarrassing

BigGully

Sep 8, 2006

He didnt sound a fool to me, I am sure he has thought through what he thinks might be the consequence of Remaining or exiting, why would you deem someone a fool just because he disagrees with your arrogant position.

You're a guy that aligns himself to a political party and pays for the privilege to be a paid up member, its obvious to me who the fool is, and here is a clue, it isnt him.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Love it. The left remainers are having serious discussions and insight into the effects both positive and negative of Brexit. What does it mean? How will it play out? What are the long term effects?

The right leavers are drooling over an old woolyhead from up north who doesn't like foreign people :lolol:

Vintage.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade

Come on Clamp, you know that these days you're not allowed to say that. This is the will of the people being enacted here. Admittedly those people are Russian Billionaires who controlled the campaign through social media memes and targetted ads and a few Eton toffs who stuck bullshit on a bus but we need to enact their will, preferably tomorrow, or there'll be no future for democracy at all.

*chokes on own tongue*

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
Racist idiot who hasn't a clue what to think or say apart from what the Daily Mail tells him to, doesn't even know that there is only 4% immigrants in Barnsley, typical thick Yorkshireman

Watched this last night. To be fair he was followed by a sensible chap who voted leave but also added that Brexit was always going to be very complex and no one should think that we could quit without negotiations (or words to that affect). A lot of people don't realise this. It's all very well for Farage to moan like a back seat driver but he jumped ship at the first opportunity to take up a lucrative career as a radio commentator (on top of his MEP salary and pending pension). David Davies said the same, a year ago, and the reality of the job ahead is finally dawning on him.

As for reasons for leaving,I think there are many. Racism, Sovereignty, Economic. etc

All Brexiters are not racist, (I know a fair few who voted out who genuinely don't have a racist bone in their body). However, I think it is fair to say all racists voted Brexit.

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
Looks like Tory Titantic and JC Smug Tory Genius have re-grouped and are implementing their spinning instructions from Activate.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly

Another one groomed by the Daily Mail. With 4% immigrants Barnsley is obviously a welcoming place

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here