Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

Dorset Seagull

Once Dolphin, Now Seagull
As a leaver I must say this whole sorry episode has been a complete clusterf*ck. We have politicians negotiating when it should be businessmen, politicians that are playing party politics rather than getting on with the serious business of planning to leave and a country still split from top to bottom. I still believe we are doing the right thing but we just have the wrong people doing it!

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
Martin Schulz has told the SDP party conference today that a new treaty should be presented to member states creating a United States of Europe and countries who oppose it must leave the EU.

He demanded “there to be a constitutional treaty to create a federal Europe… the treaty will be presented to the member states and those who are against should just leave the European Union… We want the United States of Europe”.

His plan is for this to come into existence by 2025.

And some Remainers think they have a hope of changing the public’s mind about Brexit :laugh:

but Cameron has secured us an opt-out, no further integration with EU for us, just need to get it signed off in the next treaty.

this is why we are best to leave, not for the present but the future path EU is going.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
As a leaver I must say this whole sorry episode has been a complete clusterf*ck. We have politicians negotiating when it should be businessmen, politicians that are playing party politics rather than getting on with the serious business of planning to leave and a country still split from top to bottom. I still believe we are doing the right thing but we just have the wrong people doing it!

David Davis worked for Tate and Lyle for 17 years before entering politics. It's not made a lot of difference.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
Martin Schulz has told the SDP party conference today that a new treaty should be presented to member states creating a United States of Europe and countries who oppose it must leave the EU.

He demanded “there to be a constitutional treaty to create a federal Europe… the treaty will be presented to the member states and those who are against should just leave the European Union… We want the United States of Europe”.

And some Remainers think they have a hope of changing the public’s mind about Brexit :laugh:

I'm sure the same conversation was had about the Euro and Schengen, we currently have a good deal. A lot better deal than we will have drifting mid-Altantic and no friends

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003

Please outline who Martin Schulz is and why he might be saying that.

Dorset Seagull

Once Dolphin, Now Seagull
David Davis worked for Tate and Lyle for 17 years before entering politics. It's not made a lot of difference.

I guess it depends in what capacity. It certainly doesn’t look to me like we have had a top level negotiator at the helm but I could be wrong. Also I guess we have to accept that a lot of the media feedback could be rubbish and possibly things are going better than we imagine behind closed doors....somehow though I suspect that’s not the case.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008

Martin Shulz, leader of the German SDP at a SPD congress . Are you going to post any other zany posts from member nation political parties at their party conferences/conventions for balance ?

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester

And here it is in that well known pro-remain paper, The Telegraph, in black and white........

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/201...martinschulz-seeks-united-states-europe-2025/

Deutschland Uber Alles!

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
I guess it depends in what capacity. It certainly doesn’t look to me like we have had a top level negotiator at the helm but I could be wrong. Also I guess we have to accept that a lot of the media feedback could be rubbish and possibly things are going better than we imagine behind closed doors....somehow though I suspect that’s not the case.

I can't see him being nuts deep in Sugar Beet with shovel somehow.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
I'm sure the same conversation was had about the Euro and Schengen, we currently have a good deal. A lot better deal than we will have drifting mid-Altantic and no friends

Yes, Schulz would give us a good deal. Member states who did not want to sign up to the U.S.E would be kicked out. He was very clear about that. So, some people might as well get used to Brexit, eh, and stop dreaming about reversing the referendum.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
Please outline who Martin Schulz is and why he might be saying that.

he's the chap who Merkel needs to agree a coalition with, so that they avoid another election in Germany.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Yep, The Germans have already targeted your local chippy and its in line for a 500lber. :thumbsup:
Bollox. The speech was about creating a United States of Europe, and kicking out any EU members who didn't want to go along with it. As that would pretty much slam the door on any future UK membership of the EU, I guess some people will feel compelled to lash out with silly ripostes about bombing chip shops.

Berty23

Jun 26, 2012
United States of Europe you say? If only we had an opt out of such things so that we could get all the benefits but keep identity. That really would be having our cake and eating it. What? We decided that wasn't enough? Oops.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here