Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
Lots of people who hardly post on here if ever at all coming on and saying what a mess this Brexit thing is. The pro Brexit posts on here are from the handful of serial posters. Says it all. Their tragic government are a shambles but they don’t see it

Firstly you've made the common remainer assumption that all leavers were Tory voters - we weren't. Leavers came from all parties. This government isn't any more my government than it is yours as I didn't vote Tory but yes they are shambolic. I rarely post on this thread now not because I no longer believe in leaving - we are leaving regardless what remainers think or hope - but more that the remainers on here have turned to looking at every negative in order to get their own hopes up that leaving will be cancelled - it won't. Then you have idiots like The Clamp ( sorry ... Nibble ) who accuse leavers of not engaging in debate yet all he can do is post mindless drivel - post #39841 is a very good example - in fact his last dozen posts are perfect examples.

So we're leaving regardless and the remainer posts are either pointless ( see The Clamp ) or clutching at straws that there will be another referendum ( there won't ) or hunting the internet for any negative they can find about leaving or the leaving process ( NOBODY ever said leaving would be easy ). Therefore posting anything intelligent on this thread is somewhat pointless. It somewhat reminds me of the "7 point lead" thread that revealed a number of posters to be complete idiots .... a number of posters ploughing in such certainty that Labour was going to win .... ironically many are the ones on this thread that appear to think Brexit won't happen .... rather re-assuring really !

I'll offer you a couple of bets :

a) There won't be another referendum with regards us leaving the EU
b) We will leave on either 29/03/19 or two years later if there is an implementation phase and that WILL mean we won't be part of the single market or the customs union as they stand now

£20 on each and winnings go to charity - I'll nominate my charity as REMF.

Last edited:

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
Absolutely. Doesn’t matter if you are Leave or Remain, Tory or Labour now. Anyone who is being honest with themselves can see that this is one of the biggest OMNISHAMBLES we have ever waded through.

Exactly, the idea that changing the PM, Cabinet or Party in power would have any effect on this complete CLUSTER**** is beyond ridiculous.

And if you think this is bad, this is only the negotiation, wait until we get into the area that politicians really excel at, implementation :facepalm:

Last edited:

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
https://www.theguardian.com/politic...ncy-brexit-impact-plans-hilary-benn-committee

Long before the end, Davis got visibly twitchy, frequently reminding everyone he had another appointment, despite having been told to prioritise the committee. Benn asked one last question. Had the government done any planning before deciding to leave the customs union? “Oh no,” he said breezily. Don’t be silly. Brexit was no biggie. Was that all? Right, he’d be off then. Some might have called it a dereliction of duty. If there had been any sense of duty to start with.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
Firstly you've made the common remainer assumption that all leavers were Tory voters - we weren't. Leavers came from all parties. This government isn't any more my government than it is yours as I didn't vote Tory but yes they are shambolic. I rarely post on this thread now not because I no longer believe in leaving - we are leaving regardless what remainers think or hope - but more that the remainers on here have turned to looking at every negative in order to get their own hopes up that leaving will be cancelled - it won't. Then you have idiots like The Clamp ( sorry ... Nibble ) who accuse leavers of not engaging in debate yet all he can do is post mindless drivel - post #39841 is a very good example - in fact his last dozen posts are perfect examples.

So we're leaving regardless and the remainer posts are either pointless ( see The Clamp ) or clutching at straws that there will be another referendum ( there won't ) or hunting the internet for any negative they can find about leaving or the leaving process ( NOBODY ever said leaving would be easy ). Therefore posting anything intelligent on this thread is somewhat pointless. It somewhat reminds me of the "7 point lead" thread that revealed a number of posters to be complete idiots .... a number of posters ploughing in such certainty that Labour was going to win .... ironically many are the ones on this thread that appear to think Brexit won't happen .... rather re-assuring really !

I'll offer you a couple of bets :

b) We will leave on either 29/03/19 or two years later if there is an implementation phase and that WILL mean we won't be part of the single market or the customs union as they stand now

Why do you no longer believe in leaving? What new information has come to light since the result to change your mind?

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
Why do you no longer believe in leaving? What new information has come to light since the result to change your mind?

I can see how that phrase can be read either way but I've not changed my mind - I would vote leave today if there was another vote.

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
Westdene Seagull said:
I rarely post on this thread now not because I no longer believe in leaving - we are leaving regardless what remainers think or hope - but more that the remainers on here have turned to looking at every negative in order to get their own hopes up that leaving will be cancelled - it won't.

You seem to be struggling with double negatives!

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
A snippet from Iain Martin's (Voted Leave) column in today's Times calling on May to go as quickly as possible:

The situation in Downing Street is even worse than commonly reported. No 10 is about as weak as it has been in living memory. The place resembles a morgue, according to a sample of visitors, or a Second World War brigade headquarters in a French chateau during the fall of France. Gavin Barwell as chief of staff is struggling to hold it all together. Nick Timothy, the former chief of staff, is at the end of a telephone providing counsel. Damian Green, the de facto deputy prime minister, is lost.

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/we-have-the-weakest-pm-in-living-memory-bbff5fgtc

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
You seem to be struggling with double negatives!
Whereas Westdene is struggling with pesky negative Remoaners and their insistence that Brexit still looks like a fairly bad idea whichever way you approach it...

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
...I'll offer you a couple of bets :

Any takers yet? Surely they will be lining up to take your money?

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
Apart from the Twattering class still spreading manure over the information field,the only things of note today seem to be Momentum being investigated by the Electoral Commission for false accounting and the Grauniad turning tabloid in January and starting it's own bingo game.Can't see the Gurndaia catching the Sun,but maybe they're hoping by using the Mirror's printing presses they might reduce their losses.Anybody need some nearly new printing presses,going cheap.Or as it's the Gundiara,going cheep.

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
Any takers yet? Surely they will be lining up to take your money?

I think most are more concerned with how messy the whole Brexit process is, not whether it's going to happen in the end.

Haven't seen a positive news story with regards to the situation after March 2019 for a while, this doesn't mean that don't exist though, could you point me towards one?

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
I see Hammond is now blaming the in work disabled for poor productivity levels. The same people the governement have been forcing in to work.

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
Martin Schulz has told the SDP party conference today that a new treaty should be presented to member states creating a United States of Europe and countries who oppose it must leave the EU.

He demanded “there to be a constitutional treaty to create a federal Europe… the treaty will be presented to the member states and those who are against should just leave the European Union… We want the United States of Europe”.

His plan is for this to come into existence by 2025.

And some Remainers think they have a hope of changing the public’s mind about Brexit :laugh:

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
https://www.standard.co.uk/business...but-who-exactly-will-build-them-a3713131.html

Construction industry expert Mark Farmer’s report for the Government — published a year ago under the stark title of Modernise or Die — predicted a demographic “timebomb” which could see a 20% to 25% decline in the available labour force within a decade.

The HBF’s industry census underlines that warning. The overseas workforce tends to be younger than UK builders as well: overseas workers are much more likely to be in their twenties or thirties than their UK counterparts; 90% of workers above the age of 50 are UK nationals. Many builders are hiring — retraining army veterans in housebuilding skills for example — but that’s barely scratching the surface regarding the labour required.

Should have done an impact assessment.

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here