Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

Lincoln Imp

Feb 2, 2009
It wouldn't matter if 17.4 million turned up though, would it?

Btw agree with your satisfaction that the Daily Mail is having problems. Serves them right for recently turning their back on Middle England/the Silent majority to pander towards undemocratic loon types.

According to polls the undemocratic loons now appear to be more numerous than those of the contrary persuasion. Oh the irony.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
As we don't know your tea-boy,why should we be bothered by the latest wrong information it has passed to you?On our way.

So you're obviously one of these morons who shouts 'no deal' without the faintest concept of what it means :lolol:

And I don't need anyone to tell me, all this information is freely available in the public domain. Tell me, if it's wrong, what is Russia's position on our quotas :shrug:

Last edited:

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
Already covered this, see posts #63474, #63477. We were talking about a no deal scenario .. any current arrangements to reduce the impact of no deal (eg keep the planes flying) that both sides would likely agree to.

Maybe get Theresa May to negotiate this new 'no deal' interim deal with the EU. What could possibly go wrong :lolol:

Last edited:

Jan 30, 2008
Banging your head against a brick wall,the UK Government is legally committed to delivering our exit from the EU on March 29th 2019, it’s May’s deal or no deal, simple as that. The appeasement brigade seem to struggle with this.
On our way.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
i know , but you have to keep reminding them ,they seem to enjoy it
regards
DR

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
i know , but you have to keep reminding them ,they seem to enjoy it
regards
DR

And what do you make of the potential problems with your preferred 'no deal' solution and Russia's position on our WTO quotas then Ppf?

As if :lolol::lolol::lolol:

I'm only joking, you can go back to chewing your crayons

Last edited:

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Banging your head against a brick wall,the UK Government is legally committed to delivering our exit from the EU on March 29th 2019, it’s May’s deal or no deal, simple as that. The appeasement brigade seem to struggle with this.
On our way.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

No they aren't.

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
I will be clear on my position. This proposal from this Brexit government is a joke, they have taken 30 months to give us a proposal that is for transition only, potentially splits our country and gives the EU by far the best negotiating hand for the real negotiation ahead. This when the public where told it would be the easiest trade deal ever. Clueless. It needs to fail in Parliament and it will fail in Parliament. The legal advice has already been summarised today for all, the full transcript won’t change opinions, MPs know how they are voting.

And it is our legal convention not to make public. I work in business, we get legal advice and as long as certain words are prefixed we can ensure regulators, governments, competitors, cannot get visibility of our legally privileged advice. It’s the same for you and I as individuals. This is our legal system.Do we really want the EU to see our advice?
:facepalm:

Perhaps a sensible compromise would be to allow the leaders of the Partys to see the advice, or to hold a secret session of Parliament for it to be heard and discussed.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
i have a new theory, once the deal is voted down by the leavers, they will immediatly have a vote of confidence and vote in favour of May. shoots Labours fox. doesnt help brexit, but we can all go off to Christmas without further talk of a general election. possibly she can go back to EU with this position to highlight some amendments must be made or its no deal, and they may take that risk seriously. depend on what amendments asked for, there isnt room for them to back down either. probably the terms of the infernal backstop.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
i have a new theory, once the deal is voted down by the leavers, they will immediatly have a vote of confidence and vote in favour of May. shoots Labours fox. doesnt help brexit, but we can all go off to Christmas without further talk of a general election. possibly she can go back to EU with this position to highlight some amendments must be made or its no deal, and they may take that risk seriously. depend on what amendments asked for, there isnt room for them to back down either. probably the terms of the infernal backstop.

Europe have already said this is the Deal, no amendments.

Da Man Clay

T'Blades
Dec 16, 2004

Which is very easy for them to say at this current junction. It would be absolutely farcical if they suggested they would be happy to negotiate now with May about to take a particularly favourable to the EU deal to parliament. That rehetoric could conceivably change if the deal gets voted down next week and the two options become no deal or get back to the table to see what negotiation options are available. Neither side wants No Deal.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Which is very easy for them to say at this current junction. It would be absolutely farcical if they suggested they would be happy to negotiate now with May about to take a particularly favourable to the EU deal to parliament. That rehetoric could conceivably change if the deal gets voted down next week and the two options become no deal or get back to the table to see what negotiation options are available. Neither side wants No Deal.

What part of "That's the deal , no more negotiating it" don't you understand? That IS it. The EU are prepared for No Deal, they don't need us. They never did.

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex

Individuals may have said this but the EU as an institution has not officially closed negotiations. The commission can as a body submit recommendations during the Article 50 period. Its not really over negotiating wise from a EU standpoint until the European Council concludes matters and says it is.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
What part of "That's the deal , no more negotiating it" don't you understand? That IS it. The EU are prepared for No Deal, they don't need us. They never did.

this is as nonsense as "no deal is better than a bad deal".

in a scenario where we leave with no deal, it's accepted we'd have an impact on our economy. that will have effect on the neighbours, going by the same models that say how much our economy is dependent on trading with EU. this i not "they need us", this is simple observation they would get caught in the economic backdraught of any problems here, recession for us means not importing so much nice stuff. there's also a political situation, to minimise effects and ensure certain European institutions and sectors function, they would probably have to do some last minute, skeleton deal on key areas in their own interests. whatever this "deal" is, it would be presented as a victory for the hardline brexiteers and be seen as a failure of diplomacy by the EU.

i expect them to hold to "no more negotiating" except some adjustment (not wholesale changes) a point or two if its the difference between their deal or no deal.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here