Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

Lincoln Imp

Feb 2, 2009
The question posed to him was what was HE fighting for. Regardless I'm sure whichever EU country he has moved to will fight to change the EU ..... not.

Whatever. The fact is that the UK was (is?) faced with a glorious opportunity to be a leader of change and evolution across Europe, driving the development of the union with the support of its many friends and becoming, once again, a growing force in the world. So what is it doing? It's saying that because previous attempts to encourage change didn't go according to plan - in part because there wasn't a plan - then, rather than keep on trying it's going to turn and run away, its retreat disguised by the glory-glory anthems of small politicians and their PR operatives. Never has failure and decline been so brilliantly tarted up.

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
Whatever. The fact is that the UK was (is?) faced with a glorious opportunity to be a leader of change and evolution across Europe, driving the development of the union with the support of its many friends and becoming, once again, a growing force in the world. So what is it doing? It's saying that because previous attempts to encourage change didn't go according to plan - in part because there wasn't a plan - then, rather than keep on trying it's going to turn and run away, its retreat disguised by the glory-glory anthems of small politicians and their PR operatives. Never has failure and decline been so brilliantly tarted up.

I think it is more a case of us clever ones getting off at the last port of call,whilst you lot can stay and listen to the Berlin Phil. as the EUS Titanic sinks beneath the weight of it's debts,while 27 captains decide what to do!:lolol:

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
Getting back on track. I trust the EU will now play hard ball on EU citizen’s rights and ensure the ECJ has final say over them in perpetuity. British government simply can’t be trusted on this matter.

Former Permanent Secretary to The FCO and Ambassador to France, Lord Ricketts, was on C4 News earlier saying he thought it inevitable now as result of the Windrush issue that The UK will concede to The EU on The ECJ policing Settled Status.

Hampster Gull

Dec 22, 2010

It’s a simple case of those who are stuck in a time warp wishing for things to be like they were, not so complex, vs those who have developed the ability to handle competing demands and the associated complexities with the ability to give and take

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015

Delusional nonsense. Cameron went cap in hand to Merkel with the threat of UK leaving and he got very little and no indication a rethink of the EU's direction was possible. A remain vote would have been seen as endorsing the direction of travel/ same old same old. The best we could hope for was leading a second tier non-Eurozone* membership group.

*reminder for [MENTION=15360]nicko31[/MENTION] we are not in the Eurozone

Lincoln Imp

Feb 2, 2009
Delusional nonsense. Cameron went cap in hand to Merkel with the threat of UK leaving and he got very little and no indication a rethink of the EU's direction was possible. A remain vote would have been seen as endorsing the direction of travel/ same old same old. The best we could hope for was leading a second tier non-Eurozone* membership group.

*reminder for [MENTION=15360]nicko31[/MENTION] we are not in the Eurozone

Thank you. Confirmation of the point several of us have been making about the Brexiteer spirit. If you don't succeed, turn round and run. Get the rhetoric right and enough people will believe it's some sort of victory.

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
Thank you. Confirmation of the point several of us have been making about the Brexiteer spirit. If you don't succeed, turn round and run. Get the rhetoric right and enough people will believe it's some sort of victory.

Your welcome. :lolol: Poor effort. You'll have to face the fact the vast majority of people who think this country is a bit s*** are on your side of the fence.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
Where did you lose yours?As you seem to think you're a bit of a smartarse,how about a game of spot the difference?

View attachment 96172

View attachment 96173

One group represents the world's largest progressive trading block

The other seems to use most of its energy into maintaining a rather bizarre existence, when the Queens goes probably time to knock it on the head to be honest

Lincoln Imp

Feb 2, 2009
Your welcome. :lolol: Poor effort. You'll have to face the fact the vast majority of people who think this country is a bit s*** are on your side of the fence.

The vast majority of people who think this country is a bit s--- voted Leave. It's why they did.

Last edited:

larus

One group represents the world's largest progressive trading block

The other seems to use most of its energy into maintaining a rather bizarre existence, when the Queens goes probably time to knock it on the head to be honest

Well, I know which group I think will generate higher economic growth in this century. And no, it's not the inward looking, protectionist EU. So many of the EU countries are basket cases 40% - 50% youth unemployment being a good example.

larus

There vast majority of people who think this country is a bit s--- voted Leave. It's why they did.

Totally wrong. The majority of people who voted were fed up of being dictated to by Brussels and the unelected fools (drunks) like Juncker. However, you can stick to your usual prejudice and not face facts, after all, that's what remainers do.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
There vast majority of people who think this country is a bit s--- voted Leave. It's why they did.

They did, the Victor Meldrew's who voted leave will still find something else sh1t about the country after Brexit, they'll never be content, searching a false nostalgia which actually was pretty sh1t

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
No. Thats not what I said is it. Physically left, but I remain British. You lot ceased to be when you left.
What brexit is: We will not fight them on the beaches we will er...run of crying because we didn't get what we want!
I intend to stay and fight.

Yup. Somewhere the Brexiteers lost their britishness.

I've pretty much given up contributing to this thread. There is little point trying to debate with people whose basic fall-back position - and final retort in any debate which they aren't winning - is 'people who disagree with me on the EU are old, thick, right-wing, racist......and, err...wrong'. I do, however, pop in from time to time as it is rather amusing to read the desperate angst of some remainers (the ones who are really remoaners rather than remainers) and their outrage at being denied their entitlement.
But the last 24 hours have surpassed all previous efforts - the amount of desperate drivel in posts like the ones I've cited - wow, just wow!. Honestly, I haven't laughed so much since Liverpool put 9 past Palarse.
Please keep it up. I'll pop by for a chuckle now and again.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I didn't. True brits fight for what is right. You are just a scardy cat. The eu said boo and you ran off.

[MENTION=14132]Two Professors[/MENTION] is also an out and out proven liar.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Well, I know which group I think will generate higher economic growth in this century.

You sound like Wayne Rooney before a World Cup, and we all know how that ends. When you have grown up, come and talk strength of economy with your friendly German resident. I’ll show you what growth is.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here