Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
LOL they are all as bad as one another once they have a bit of power..and that includes the reds...serving the people do me a favour...all more interested in themselves

Interesting observation from Professor Cox.

[tweet]1062982906090582016[/tweet]

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Playing political games while the country sinks deeper into the shit ?

Surely not, there's certainly no history of that with Brexit

May has been vulnerable ever since she " Won " the last election, the wolves have been circling since as its always been When rather than If she gets jettisoned. Poor old Theresa, it all seemed so good last night about 9 pm, that was her career highlight, getting a Brexit deal down on paper. It will never get further than that though.

The EU are set to debate and look over the deal before ratifying it this weekend but it will be pointless as the deal will never pass the Commons.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
Oh I don't know? Are pensions not classed as taxable income??? Inheritance tax maybe also??? :D

They'll just make more demands on the NHS and welfare state. Which of course won't be supported by young European taxpayers working in those industries anymore.

On our way

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
May has been vulnerable ever since she " Won " the last election, the wolves have been circling since as its always been When rather than If she gets jettisoned. Poor old Theresa, it all seemed so good last night about 9 pm, that was her career highlight, getting a Brexit deal down on paper. It will never get further than that though.

The EU are set to debate and look over the deal before ratifying it this weekend but it will be pointless as the deal will never pass the Commons.

The Irony of it.

If we ever get there, negotiating with the EU will be a doddle compared to negotiating with the Brexiteers :lolol:

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
Yeah **** em, they've only contributed 30yrs of NI contributions. :lolol:

And when and where do you think that money was spent ?

Tax and NI have always been spent looking after the previous generations. Your tax and mine have been used to support the generations before us. (You may be able to work out where I'm going with this :facepalm:)

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
I think there is a GE looming. If Labour were to have a People’s vote in their manifesto they’d win by a landslide. Problem for them is didn’t they commit to Brexit at their last conference and Corbyn does love the whole idea of conference determining the party’s stance on all things. Plus he doesn’t like the EU and were we to remain they’d put a stop to all his renationalisation & state aid plans. Perhaps the Lib Dem’s will make the mother of all come backs!
There is much legal advice on-line that contradicts the belief that EU law would stop nationalisation. Most railways in Europe are publicly owned and so is the railway in Northern Island.

It's simply been shouted very loudly by Kate Hoey MP who is probably the most vocal and very anti EU Labour MP.

On the subject of Europe she is the Labour Rees Mogg.

Sent from my BLA-L09 using Tapatalk

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Well its been nice to pop by this thread this morning....I'll leave you all to it :)

Oh and one last bit....PPF when was Britain 'grea't? Or are you having a little tease

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
The Irony of it.

If we ever get there, negotiating with the EU will be a doddle compared to negotiating with the Brexiteers :lolol:

Doubly ironic when I recall on this thread circa 2 years ago the problem was perceived to be achieving a deal that was able to jump through all the hoops on The EU side and receive ratification by The European Parliament and 30+ national and regional parliaments across The EU27, when the fundamental problem actually turned out to be far closer to home.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Surely the next step is a vote of no confidence in May. If Parliament had any wish to act in the nation’s interest they’d also be a vote of no confidence in the whole ****ing government.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Now Rabb has gone May is totally ****ed. The options now are no deal or no Brexit.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here