Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
it is very clear. and if the UK is not in the single market and customs union it will remain clear. Ireland and NI will have no border and NI will act as its following internal market and customs union regulations.

I will explain once more and then I really can't be arsed wasting more time.

It's not Ireland and NI. It's Ireland and Britain. Britain will have no borders and will have to abide by EU regulations.

There is no reason to keep going on about Northern Ireland :facepalm:

I would expect this from Ppf and Two Profs, but did think you understood the basics.

Last edited:

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003

It's not Ireland and NI. It's Ireland and Britain. Britain will have no borders and will have to abide by EU regulations.

I would expect this from Ppf and Two Profs, but did think you understood the basics.

i see, then theres no further purpose for negotiations, because we've just agreed to remain in the EU if there is no agreement? or maybe not.

https://ec.europa.eu/commission/sites/beta-political/files/joint_report.pdf
paragraph 46 (page 7) explicitly states this is not the case.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
The papers tomorrow talk of the deal unravelling already thanks to Davis's comments earlier. The Irish are not going to put up with the Tories childish little games
Davis restarts the clown car.

Jan 30, 2008

priceless
regards
DR

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
The ceasefire in the Tory civil war is over, pathetic

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
Art.46 of Fridays agreed text re Ireland/NI: "The commitments and the principles...are made and must be upheld in all circumstances, irrespective of the nature of any future agreement between the European Union and the United Kingdom." - clear and positive commitment from UK Govt

Via the twitter of Ireland’s deputy PM

Seems they are certain what it means.....

beorhthelm

Jul 21, 2003
it seems to me regarding Davis' comments, that we've become so used to politicians lying we dont recognise when they tell a simple truth. Davis says the Joint Report is not legally enforceable, he is stating a fact, since no party has enacted it into any form of legislation. it is, as the title of the document tells everyone, a progress report on the negotiations. until those negotiations are completed, and the subsequent agreement passed through UK and EU parliaments, there is no legal settlement.

now he probably shouldn't have pointed this out, giving the sensitivity should have put it differently, but he isn't incorrect in what he's said.

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
it seems to me regarding Davis' comments, that we've become so used to politicians lying we dont recognise when they tell a simple truth. Davis says the Joint Report is not legally enforceable, he is stating a fact, since no party has enacted it into any form of legislation. it is, as the title of the document tells everyone, a progress report on the negotiations. until those negotiations are completed, and the subsequent agreement passed through UK and EU parliaments, there is no legal settlement.

now he probably shouldn't have pointed this out, giving the sensitivity should have put it differently, but he isn't incorrect in what he's said.

After he repeatedly lied about impact assessments I struggle to believe anything that comes out of his mouth.

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
24 hours after saying the agreement is not binding, David Davis now says it's 'more than legally enforceable.'

I wonder what it'll be tomorrow.

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
After he repeatedly lied about impact assessments I struggle to believe anything that comes out of his mouth.

According to him this morning on LBC, you don't have to know a lot to do his job:

"I don't have to be clever, I don't have to know that much, I just have to be calm."

beorhthelm

Jul 21, 2003

just an observation on the document. everyone is reading different things into the report, its publicly available to see what it says for our self (and probably our own interpretation). its not a piece of legislation though and specifically states its an agreement in principle and may be changed in further negotiations.

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
"Anybody can do details."
Phillip Hammond "Slightly misspoke" on the paying of the divorce bill no matter what. "You'll have to ask him why".
"I can't drink orange juice. It is poison to me. It is kryptonite."

I'm glad David Davis and the Government know exactly what they're doing.

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
Brexit thread not really the place for this,but as my stalker introduced it,I will carry on.Started reading an interesting book yesterday.

robbo.jpg

Started off with his early football experience,and how the boss at West Brom put him on a breakfast of sherry and eggs,and Guiness at night,to build him up.Him and his fellow apprentices used to go and play snooker after training and that place was,and still is,licensed premises.Funnily enough,a pub chain the groovy gang seem to hate,Wetherspoons.What a naughty bunch of 15 year olds,eh?Even on a fiver a week,plus board and lodgings,they were quite well paid and could afford to go out.

snkr.jpg

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Started reading an interesting book yesterday.

You actually mean you’re still trying to dig yourself out of this bullshitting hole?

Look, we don’t believe you. You’ve been caught out. Period.

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
You actually mean you’re still trying to dig yourself out of this bullshitting hole?

Look, we don’t believe you. You’ve been caught out. Period.

I've only read the first few pages so far,and already shown he was drinking alcohol at age 15,making it more likely I'm telling the truth.You carry on with the abuse,I don't care,and I will carry on finding out what I can from before the computer age,probably even before a nasty quisling like yourself was born.Hamburg sv would probably be a good place for you to support,with your politics,if you're not keen on Hertha.Is that the Royal we that don't believe me,or just your multiple personalities?

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Brexit thread not really the place for this,but as my stalker introduced it,I will carry on.Started reading an interesting book yesterday.

View attachment 91878

Started off with his early football experience,and how the boss at West Brom put him on a breakfast of sherry and eggs,and Guiness at night,to build him up.Him and his fellow apprentices used to go and play snooker after training and that place was,and still is,licensed premises.Funnily enough,a pub chain the groovy gang seem to hate,Wetherspoons.What a naughty bunch of 15 year olds,eh?

Wetherspoons wasn't founded until 1979 - how could someone, of any age, be drinking in a Wetherspoons pub seven years before the first one was opened?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here