Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
You're refusing the wager not me , if you want a wager on your bet then I'll get back to you with my odds
I think you've MISSED the point. Titanic wants an even bet - stakes the same on both sides.... could be an NSC classic

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
BTW on my computer this thread is just about to hit 1000 pages....

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
68% think she doesn't know what she's doing.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
You get even stupider by the day.How many European countries would be in the fourth Reich?Germany,France,maybe half of Belgium.None of the Med countries,or Eastern bloc.I would imagine even the Austrians wouldn't fancy Anschluss again,having tried it under the Nazis,so there would be plenty of European political activity.

So. According to the WBA ticket thread you claim you were drinking with Bryan Robson in 1972.......he would have been 15 then. I smell bullshit.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Potentially banning or restricting the import of Foi gras would only be the icing on the Red white and blue, take back control independence cake :)sick:) HWt.

View attachment 91776

I note some on here raise the spectre of importing chlorinated chicken in post Brexit trade deals (despite minister saying categorically it won't happen) yet a disturbing silence on this EU sanctioned cruelty. :nono:

Banning Foie Gras sounds a bit harsh, sounds like the sort of thing that allegedly, the EU would do ?.... So taking back control means imposing more rules and diktats on the population then ? sounds like a rich irony there ? I for one, won't eat it but I wouldn't ban it because it does not have to be produced cruelly.

pb21

Apr 23, 2010
Potentially banning or restricting the import of Foi gras would only be the icing on the Red white and blue, take back control independence cake :)sick:) HWt.

I note some on here raise the spectre of importing chlorinated chicken in post Brexit trade deals (despite minister saying categorically it won't happen) yet a disturbing silence on this EU sanctioned cruelty. :nono:

Do I like Foi gras? No I think its shit.

Is Foi gras allowed by the EU? Yes.

Did I vote to leave the EU? No.

I realise that the above may have just blown your mind but I guess that cognitive dissonance isn't something Brexit folk tend to cope well with.

F. Scott Fitzgerald said:
The test of a first-rate intelligence is the ability to hold two opposing ideas in mind at the same time and still retain the ability to function. One should, for example, be able to see that things are hopeless yet be determined to make them otherwise.

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
Banning Foie Gras sounds a bit harsh, sounds like the sort of thing that allegedly, the EU would do ?.... So taking back control means imposing more rules and diktats on the population then ? sounds like a rich irony there ? I for one, won't eat it but I wouldn't ban it because it does not have to be produced cruelly.

You would prefer restricting this cruel practice to ethically sourced produce then, fair enough. Only a possibility when we take back control, your welcome. According to some estimates up to 62% (1993 - 2014) of laws passed in the Uk implemented EU dictats yet you believe there will be a net increase after we leave!

:facepalm:

Do I like Foi gras? No I think its shit.

Is Foi gras allowed by the EU? Yes.

Did I vote to leave the EU? No.

I realise that the above may have just blown your mind but I guess that cognitive dissonance isn't something Brexit folk tend to cope well with.

Certainly ruffled a few feathers though.

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
So. According to the WBA ticket thread you claim you were drinking with Bryan Robson in 1972.......he would have been 15 then. I smell bullshit.

He certainly wasn't the only youth team player in there either,so if you're smelling bullshit there is only one arse it could come from.Unless working with Germans has turned you into a complete pervert.So get your head out whatever arse it's in,and check WBA's team players for that year.We were on an Armex show after coming back from ULSTER,and all the players were buying us beer.:lolol:

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
You would prefer restricting this cruel practice to ethically sourced produce then, fair enough. Only a possibility when we take back control, your welcome. According to some estimates up to 62% (1993 - 2014) of laws passed in the Uk implemented EU dictats yet you believe there will be a net increase after we leave!

:facepalm:

Certainly ruffled a few feathers though.

I see what you did.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patreon
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

View attachment 91776

Yes but the EU does not force us to imports this stuff. We can make it illegal right now.

But we won't. The wealthy would be in uproar. :shrug:

I can respect (but don't agree with) the likes of [MENTION=11191]Pretty pink fairy[/MENTION] who have stated they want 'out' because no foreign country should have any say on anything we do or anyone we decide to let in (or not), and any price is worth paying. But...nobody is forcing us to eat bloated bird liver . . . or snails, or Milano salami.....

ps - I don't eat the stuff, by the way (the bloated liver - snails and salami are delicious).

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patreon
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
That perfectly sums up the mind-set of some of the remainers, wishing that Brexit would just go away and they'd wake up and find it never happened, or that politicians in the Westminster bubble had managed to overturn the referendum result.
The status quo as it was before the referendum simply isn't an option any more. The EU will see to that - they never liked our opt outs anyway, so forget getting back to that cosy world where some people mistakenly thought everything was hunky-dory.

Whoops! Yes I agree, in fact. Hope in ludicrous excess of expectation does sum me up in that regard. Perhaps expectation in ludicrous excess of hope sums up the leavers, who seem to think everything will be just great. I mixed up my allegory. Reminds me a bit of that boxing journalist on Fighting Talk, who proudly proclaimed his '30 years of almost unblemished heterosexuality' :lolol:

Lincoln Imp

Feb 2, 2009
Of course not ! That's because they know we're leaving regardless of statements made on here.

I 'd guess that most Remain-supporters think that we will leave. Morgan Stanley put the probability of departure at 90 per cent. That may well be right although developing circumstances might mean the figure is softening. I can see a set of events that could see us remain but as things stand I think it unlikely that they will all line up in sequence and, therefore, I'm with the majority.

It's an interesting subject that sane individuals of all persuasions should be able to debate. I've touched upon the possibilities with NSC Brexit luminaries in the past but unfortunately they descended into fatuous name calling. It didn't surprise me.

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum

Further to my post,if you know any long-time West Brom supporters,ask them about the drinking and gambling culture in the '70's.The pub was the Four-in-Hand,an M & B pub on a newish estate.They also used the Steering Wheel nightclub.Asa had not long had a big money move cancelled to Leeds,perhaps he'd had an upfront payment,cos he was spending cash like there was no tomorrow.If you still don't believe it,then I can't prove it,but a bit of research should prove it was possible.
Back to Brexit.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Surely you should then welcome this speech at a party conference then ? Surely you'd like to be permenantly excluded from any sort of European politics ? Sorry if you feel I " Lashed Out " at you....ROTFL !
Indeed, I AM delighted - by proposing an all or nothing United States of Europe (with ALL those not willing to join in being ejected from the EU Schulz's plan would take the ground completely fro under the remainers' feet, as they realised there was no nice cosy status quo for them to crawl back to. The lashing out I referred too was not directed at me, but the general anger of remainers as Schulz moves to crush their dreams.

If we were still a member we would not have been kicked out. I thought we were all powerful UK and they needed us more than we needed them. To think that us and France would have allowed such a thing is daft. Goodness me.
Ah - another one who hasn't read - or at least understood - Herr Schulz's proposal. Anybody who was in, if they didn't sign up to the United States of Europe, would be kicked out. Anybody in this case can also be taken as everybody - including the UK.

Hampster Gull

Dec 22, 2010
I'll offer you a couple of bets :

a) There won't be another referendum with regards us leaving the EU
b) We will leave on either 29/03/19 or two years later if there is an implementation phase and that WILL mean we won't be part of the single market or the customs union as they stand now

£20 on each and winnings go to charity - I'll nominate my charity as REMF.

But you miss the point again. It’s not complex. I wasn’t saying we would not leave or we would leave. I have no doubt there is a risk we will leave, and an opportunity we won’t. Rather I was ridiculing the incompetence of the “leaders” you have put your faith in to deliver a better future for the U.K. all of which was predicadable and commented on here many times by many people. What I have only seen to date is a shockingly poor U.K. government (the worst in our history?) whose leader cannot command control and a party split but hey, the EU needs us more than we need them (proseco and car sales etc) and the negotiation will be easy because we have all their regulations already, and and and.

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
Herr Shulz's statement.

schulz.jpg

I see the EU are taking non-compliant countries on immigration to court.UK first and only country out?:lolol:

portslade seagull

Jul 19, 2003
portslade
But you miss the point again. It’s not complex. I wasn’t saying we would not leave or we would leave. I have no doubt there is a risk we will leave, and an opportunity we won’t. Rather I was ridiculing the incompetence of the “leaders” you have put your faith in to deliver a better future for the U.K. all of which was predicadable and commented on here many times by many people. What I have only seen to date is a shockingly poor U.K. government (the worst in our history?) whose leader cannot command control and a party split but hey, the EU needs us more than we need them (proseco and car sales etc) and the negotiation will be easy because we have all their regulations already, and and and.

Happy to be leaving but think there should now be more cross party cooperation to get the best results. Now believe May and co have retreated into a protective bubble

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here