Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
So all this time that we're struggling to find out what Brexit will look like, you're sitting there with a copy of the eventual trade deal. Come on then, tell us what the deal is.

According to Dyson it doesn't matter what the final trade deal is because he predicts the EU is a dying trade block (pfft). Clearly it does matter to him as he has relocated his business affairs to have better access to the EU trade block.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Dyson will no longer be a British registered company and Singapore will become its main tax base, well done

#countingthecostofbrexit

Interestingly, Singapore signed a free trade agreement with the EU a few months back...

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
What a load of utter bollocks. . This country produces some of the best engineers in the world. Formula one is quite a good example.

Why's he a facking hypocrite?
He states clearly the issues here regarding talented engineers.Maybe if we had students that actually had potential in this kind of engineering then he wouldn't need to go elsewhere.Most of the students here are interested in dossing around doing pointless courses or joining groups of demonstrators to Appease the far left.
It's clear that universities here are for making money and to brainwash youngsters.

I'd love to see the stats on the percentage of students who Actually go onto be successful in their field of studying.
This country needs a massive overhaul in many sectors as its just a cash cow for many unscrupulous organisations.

It's not all about better deals with the EU....as stated.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
As long as I don’t get conscripted into the New European Army and I can still get My hands on a bit of Balsamic, no, not really.

On our way.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

If this EU Army you are worried about does ever materialise I really wouldn't put it past a UK government to offer us up as cannon fodder in return for favourable trade.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Go on then Plooks how many jobs has he relocated from his head office. Your all creaming yourselves over it. Try reading the article

This isn't about jobs. This is about a man who for over three years has declared the EU a dying trading block and that industry must hold their nerve, stay in the UK and embrace the manifold benefits of Brexit. This man has located his electric car plant and now his registered HQ outside of the UK so he can take advantage of the preferable EU trade deals.

As a business move I can't fault it. It just makes him look a bit of a ****.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Go on then Plooks how many jobs has he relocated from his head office. Your all creaming yourselves over it. Try reading the article

The hypocrisy is that the UK hasn't got a free trade agreement with the EU, but Dyson has moved his business to a country that has.

He is advocating Brexit, whilst ignoring it for his own business. Nobody is talking about job losses.

Baker lite

Banned
Mar 16, 2017
in my house
If this EU Army you are worried about does ever materialise I really wouldn't put it past a UK government to offer us up as cannon fodder in return for favourable trade.

All jokes aside,I’m to old to be conscripted into the Fourth Reich but if I were one of the pattercakes holding up banners about having their futures stolen I’d be a bit worried.

On our way.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
Yes but you were all cheering at the job losses. How many jobs going from its head office. Have you read the whole article yet ????

You are telling lies, who said I was cheering job loses? I was highlighting the tax base moving out of the UK

Just tell me if there is any positive for Britain in him re-locating his HQ to Singapore

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
All jokes aside,I’m to old to be conscripted into the Fourth Reich but if I were one of the pattercakes holding up banners about having their futures stolen I’d be a bit worried.

On our way.

That word did make me chuckle!

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Yes but you were all cheering at the job losses. How many jobs going from its head office. Have you read the whole article yet ????

Wouldn't surprise me if it was a virtually empty office in Singapore with an unplugged phone on the floor and a night watchman popping in two days a week. It's the fact he's manouvered his operation to take advantage of EU free trade that has rankled people after his pro-UK Industry and pro-Brexit rhetoric.
Personally if I were pro-Brexit I'd feel even more betrayed than remainers by his hypocritical stance.

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley

Mate, the only posters to mention jobs were the parody PPF account and Sir Albion (who I am thinking is also less than genuine), Sir Albion saying the move was due to a lack of quality Engineers in the UK.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Do You think I’ll still be able to purchase my favourite Balsamic vinegar after 29th March? It’s from Modena You know..

On our way.

At a price, of course you can.

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
Regardless of the context, the line "as it happens, it may make more sense to have the second referendum after the renegotiation" is a logical argument, and the logic applies equally here. He and you will say it was a different matter and out of context, but he saw the logic in having a second referendum once something had been talked out with the EU and he argued for it, I have no doubt that he still sees the logical argument for having one now, but it does not suit his agenda now. If he felt that we would get a result in favour of a hard brexit from a referendum instead of a Brexit that he felt was keeping us too close to the EU, he would favour one now.
It is not the principle he is against, it is the result that he fears it will bring, you know it, and we have all seen him make the argument in principle.

If you are going to argue, as you are, that he has two positions on one matter and that they are contradictory and at odds with each other, then you need to be able to show the circumstances or the “matter”are the same(they are not), for this context is vital, you shouldn’t avoid it or even disregard it so easily when you are having your opinion formed.
He has been quite clear that having a second referendum after negotiations for withdrawal are completed and after an initial referendum on an IN OUT question is not logical and is not democratically right, as the initial OUT decision(or even an IN one) negates the need for a follow up vote.
He has also said there can be two referendums where the second referendum can occur after renegotiations are completed.
There is nothing contradictory in these two stances as the circumstances around each “matter” are entirely different.
He is democratically right on his recent stance (although you will argue otherwise about another vote after withdrawal negotiations) and he is right about having two referendums in his first previous stance (the one in the video).
His first stance about two votes and the circumstances how it could occur is in fact what we have already done( in a round about way) and was supported by millions then and still supported by millions now. Its just both votes he refers to didn’t turn out to both be referendums.

Gosh. I've never been mentioned in a post because I've GIVEN A THUMBS UP to another poster before.

Some uncharitable people say that this kind of behaviour is the the hallmark of a an obsessive loner who spends far, far to much time 'hanging out' with the dregs of the internet.

Not me though. I'm far too nice.

Dont worry, i already had you down as irrelevant on this thread,i didnt want you to feel unloved, and also had you down as the gullible type ( as confirmed by your thumbs up with regard to a cherry picked video you dont understand)

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
And yet there isn't a single customer out of those 10,000 complaining on the Brittany Ferries facebook page or twitter ...... how strange !

Perhaps the bookings were amended and rescheduled (you know, just like airlines frequently do) and not cancelled like the twitteratti were screaming about.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here