Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003

D

Deleted member 22389

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
was going to criticise that, misleading headline, Soros impact on UK/ERM. once you get past the referendum though, he's talking sense. probably wrong audience and time though.

This result has nothing to do with him. He should keep his nose out of it. Why doesn't he concentrate on his own country, or they don't want him there either.

Personally, I think Soros is the last person I want associated with my country. The headline that came to mind was 'Soros backed what's best for Soros'.

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
So George Soros should clear off as it's nothing to do with him because he's not British, but Rupert Murdoch's vested interest in Brexit and backing of it is fine. Okay, glad that one's been cleared up.

D

Deleted member 22389

Personally, I think Soros is the last person I want associated with my country. The headline that came to mind was 'Soros backed what's best for Soros'.

Most definitely. Another one trying to overturn a democratic vote by calling for a 2nd referendum. These people make me sick. Glad I'm going out today so I don't need to look at any more of this crap.

astralavi

Apr 6, 2017

His Open Society Foundations have funded NGOs advancing human rights, the rule of law, education, public health, LGBT and Roma rights and a free press across central and eastern Europe and in more than 120 countries, donating more than $14bn.

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
His Open Society Foundations have funded NGOs advancing human rights, the rule of law, education, public health, LGBT and Roma rights and a free press across central and eastern Europe and in more than 120 countries, donating more than $14bn.

Great, all laudable I am sure. Would he mind giving the billions he 'robbed' from the poor of the UK, the NHS, the unemployed, the low paid etc etc etc.?

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
Most definitely. Another one trying to overturn a democratic vote by calling for a 2nd referendum. These people make me sick. Glad I'm going out today so I don't need to look at any more of this crap.

But which is more democratic, a choice between the unknown and the status quo, or a choice between the known and the status quo?

D

Deleted member 22389

So George Soros should clear off as it's nothing to do with him because he's not British, but Rupert Murdoch's vested interest in Brexit and backing of it is fine. Okay, glad that one's been cleared up.

The real person in charge here is Theresa May, not Soros. May might have been a remainer, but I think she understands 100% you can't go around calling for a second referendum, just because a bunch of millionaires and one billionaire didn't like the first result, and think that by throwing money around they are going to get what they want.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

Have a nice day. Best of British to you!

daveinprague

Oct 1, 2009
Prague, Czech Republic
The real person in charge here is Theresa May, not Soros. May might have been a remainer, but I think she understands 100% you can't go around calling for a second referendum, just because a bunch of millionaires and one billionaire didn't like the first result, and think that by throwing money around they are going to get what they want.

The ONLY reason that brextremists are terrified of a 2nd Referendum once Brexit details are clarified is the fear of losing. Dont come with that bullshit about the 'will of the people'

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter

Many of the leave voters have changed their minds, since they have seen what a mess the government is making of it.

https://twitter.com/Labour4EU/status/1001532862200508416

[tweet]1001532862200508416[/tweet]

https://twitter.com/gingermarauder/status/1001574455414607878

[tweet]1001574455414607878[/tweet]

https://twitter.com/batanball/status/1001067248210141185

[tweet]1001067248210141185[/tweet]

astralavi

Apr 6, 2017
Great, all laudable I am sure. Would he mind giving the billions he 'robbed' from the poor of the UK, the NHS, the unemployed, the low paid etc etc etc.?

Don't just stop there "By the way, George Soros a nazi who turned in his fellow Jews 2 be murdered in German concentration camps & stole their wealth-were you aware of that?” Roseanne Barr

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patreon
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
What bullying have The EU done to Italy then? I'm by no means an avid follower of Italian politics, but as I understand it basically the 2 populist parties wanted to appoint a finance minister who advocates leaving the Eurozone as a plan B scenario, when neither party campaigned on this footing in the election and The Italian President, as per Italian Constitutional law, has vetoed the appointment, a temporary Government has been appointed as a result and new elections will be held later in the year, when the Eurozone position will be clearly pointed out. If The Italian President is to be impeached for doing this, as is being suggested, it goes to The Italian Constitutional Court to hear, or so I read. Unless there's a secret bullying plot afoot I missed, I'm not sure what The EU did here. :shrug:

There was a piece in the Times on Monday that explained it is very rare for the President to do this. Apparently he did it because he was worried that an anti-EU Finance Minister would spook both internal and external investors and affect Italy's relationship with the EU. Now while not direct bullying I'd suggest that the EU therefore has effectively prevented someone taking office because they are anti-EU. Remember how upset the EU got when Greece elected an anti-EU government. The EU doesn't take opposition very well.

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
There was a piece in the Times on Monday that explained it is very rare for the President to do this. Apparently he did it because he was worried that an anti-EU Finance Minister would spook both internal and external investors and affect Italy's relationship with the EU. Now while not direct bullying I'd suggest that the EU therefore has effectively prevented someone taking office because they are anti-EU. Remember how upset the EU got when Greece elected an anti-EU government. The EU doesn't take opposition very well.

I read that as well. Rare or not, it's ultimately a decision as per the Italian constitution as the 2 populist parties did not mention the seismic option of Italy leaving The Eurozone in the election campaign.

The Clamp

NSC Patreon
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST

You do know nobody is forcing you to look at this "crap" when you're indoors, either? Or post any of it for that matter .

Have a lovely trip out. What time are you due back on the ward?

WATFORD zero

NSC Patreon
Jul 10, 2003

There have been a number of naive postings on this thread but this takes the whole pack :eek:

11BD5FF2000005DC-3571859-image-a-14_1462302665843.jpg

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here