Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

Berty23

Jun 26, 2012
Sunday Times leads with leaked emails about Russian involvement in Farages campaign. Interesting days ahead

It will only make people dig in even deeper. It is amazing that some people think that Russia and trump getting their dream of breaking up the EU will somehow improve our lives. Russia and the trump hate the EU because they are a challenge to them so it is in their interests to see us and the EU suffer. Lots of people will say "I knew what I was voting for and would do the same again" because people will refuse to change their mind because they are scared of losing face. Russian links with trump are also coming to a head in the states so maybe US and British voters might finally realise that putin is the puppeteer in our countries. The likes of Farage and Katie Hopkins love Russia as much as they hate Britain.

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex

Lincoln Imp

Feb 2, 2009
Russian links with trump are also coming to a head in the states so maybe US and British voters might finally realise that putin is the puppeteer in our countries. The likes of Farage and Katie Hopkins love Russia as much as they hate Britain.

I don't think that they hate Britain or love Russia but the consequences of their actions mean they just as well might. What's the real pity is the number of people taken in by the cheap-shot rhetoric of the homegrown Brexit ultras and their kindred spirits in Russia and elsewhere.

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
It will only make people dig in even deeper. It is amazing that some people think that Russia and trump getting their dream of breaking up the EU will somehow improve our lives. Russia and the trump hate the EU because they are a challenge to them so it is in their interests to see us and the EU suffer. Lots of people will say "I knew what I was voting for and would do the same again" because people will refuse to change their mind because they are scared of losing face. Russian links with trump are also coming to a head in the states so maybe US and British voters might finally realise that putin is the puppeteer in our countries. The likes of Farage and Katie Hopkins love Russia as much as they hate Britain.

Trump doesn't hate the EU,but has an intense dislike of German policies.Not a great deal of difference,but nonetheless there.'People with their hands in our piggy-bank,not paying their dues.'He has already warned the countries in NATO about taking the p***,not contributing their 2%,and now he has put the G7 on notice.Perhaps the EU might do well to consider speeding up their own defence plans,as a major drawdown of US forces in continental Europe is not out of the question.Perhaps Merkel was wise to learn Russian!

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
I don't think that they hate Britain or love Russia but the consequences of their actions mean they just as well might. What's the real pity is the number of people taken in by the cheap-shot rhetoric of the homegrown Brexit ultras and their kindred spirits in Russia and elsewhere.

What a load of twaddle.You lot have been predicting the downfall of Donald for over a year now,and spouting guff about Russia links,without a shred of evidence.Someone else was on about desperation,and that qualifies!

Lincoln Imp

Feb 2, 2009
What a load of twaddle.You lot have been predicting the downfall of Donald for over a year now,and spouting guff about Russia links,without a shred of evidence.Someone else was on about desperation,and that qualifies!

1. I don't belong to a 'lot'.
2. I have not been predicting the downfall of Trump.
3. I have not spouted 'guff' about Russia.
4. Having checked the meaning of the term 'kindred spirits', please confirm your view that there is not a shred of evidence that the Russian government supports Brexit.

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth

Are you incapable of producing a post without a personal snide and/or a nasty comment.
Why can't you just give your views and arguments rightly or wrongly, that is mostly what the forum is all about.
You give a very strong impression that you are just not a very nice and angry person.

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
Are you incapable of producing a post without a personal snide and/or a nasty comment.
Why can't you just give your views and arguments rightly or wrongly, that is mostly what the forum is all about.
You give a very strong impression that you are just not a very nice and angry person.

Are you incapable of producing a post without a personal snide and/or a nasty comment?
Why can't you just give your views and arguments rightly or wrongly,that is mostly what the forum is all about.

Try looking in the mirror,because all I have ever had from you is personal abuse.And you are still an utter chopper!:lolol:

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
1. I don't belong to a 'lot'.
2. I have not been predicting the downfall of Trump.
3. I have not spouted 'guff' about Russia.
4. Having checked the meaning of the term 'kindred spirits', please confirm your view that there is not a shred of evidence that the Russian government supports Brexit.

1.You are not a remain supporter and don't join in with the gang?
2.Well done you.
3.Are you sure?
4.If you can find a shred of evidence that the Russian government supports Brexit,I will be utterly astonished.Evidence,not the ramblings of some demented loser in the Grauniad,stand-up-in-court evidence.

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
It can't be long now till some collars are felt starting with Banks and Farage with their moll Oakeshott in tow

And yet the majority of the press and the BBC will continue with the line that Brexit HAS to go ahead.

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
1.You are not a remain supporter and don't join in with the gang?
2.Well done you.
3.Are you sure?
4.If you can find a shred of evidence that the Russian government supports Brexit,I will be utterly astonished.Evidence,not the ramblings of some demented loser in the Grauniad,stand-up-in-court evidence.

There is some evidence of Russian Twitterbots posting pro leave propaganda, 3 separate research groupd have found this, but what has been found is not massive amounts, and given that it was largely the older generation that voted Leave, it seems it had a small effect if any, but just a small effect could have been the deciding factor in a narrow victory.
What is more interesting is that Aaron Banks was offered an investment in Russia to buy goldmines and merge them into one company, with the finance to do it available from a Russian bank. Essentially the deal looks as though it would cost him nothing, and make him a small fortune. Was this deal offered on the understanding that he "invest" his money into the Leave campaign, thereby avoiding a direct funnelling of cash through him which could be traced?
This is currently being investigated, and I suspect nothing will be proven, just as it is not proven that Russia was involved with the Russian nerve agent used to attack a Russian double agent. No proof that Putins main rival in elections was shot dead by his order, or that the Ukrainian president Viktor Yushchenko was poisoned by Russian agents when he made noises about Ukraine joining the EU.

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
There is some evidence of Russian Twitterbots posting pro leave propaganda, 3 separate research groupd have found this, but what has been found is not massive amounts, and given that it was largely the older generation that voted Leave, it seems it had a small effect if any, but just a small effect could have been the deciding factor in a narrow victory.
What is more interesting is that Aaron Banks was offered an investment in Russia to buy goldmines and merge them into one company, with the finance to do it available from a Russian bank. Essentially the deal looks as though it would cost him nothing, and make him a small fortune. Was this deal offered on the understanding that he "invest" his money into the Leave campaign, thereby avoiding a direct funnelling of cash through him which could be traced?
This is currently being investigated, and I suspect nothing will be proven, just as it is not proven that Russia was involved with the Russian nerve agent used to attack a Russian double agent. No proof that Putins main rival in elections was shot dead by his order, or that the Ukrainian president Viktor Yushchenko was poisoned by Russian agents when he made noises about Ukraine joining the EU.

There are people who believe that the Moon landings were faked,and that Beckham and Mrs Happy are in the midst of an acrimonious divorce battle.There are even stranger people who think I called Dame Floella Benjamin a liar,and that she came here on a sunken wreck.No proof whatsoever,apart from proof that there's nowt so strange (or gullible) as fowk.There have even been reported sightings of David Stockdale at St. Andrews,even though most on here KNOW he's gone to Leeds!:)

WATFORD zero

NSC Patreon
Jul 10, 2003
There are people who believe that the Moon landings were faked,and that Beckham and Mrs Happy are in the midst of an acrimonious divorce battle.There are even stranger people who think I called Dame Floella Benjamin a liar,and that she came here on a sunken wreck.No proof whatsoever,apart from proof that there's nowt so strange (or gullible) as fowk.There have even been reported sightings of David Stockdale at St. Andrews,even though most on here KNOW he's gone to Leeds!:)

There are some gullible people around but at least even they weren't stupid enough to believe Nige and Boris :lolol:

(Or continue to believe them when the Emporer's new clothes are there for all to see).

Last edited:

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here