Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
Unemployment below 9% for first time in 9 years, trends are good.

Oh well,that's ok then.25 million lives wasted on benefits-just as well Brexit might be exporting them some jobs.Oh no,the ones moving will be French,German,Belgian,Dutch etc anyway,so will not make much difference.

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
Newspaper booths, sandwich shops...all the little people that eke out a living like Remora's live off a Shark.

Brothels,massage parlours,drug dealers,human traffickers......

5ways

Sep 18, 2012
So there is conclusive evidence of what will happen in 2019? Did it come with the lottery numbers and the Derby winner?

Odd line of reasoning, there is no conclusive evidence of what will happen tomorrow yet if I punch my boss at 5pm I can assume it will have consequences at 9am the next day. Maybe I'll get a raise ???

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
As we haven't had anything on this since the weekend I was hoping that it would go to sleep until, say, March 2019.

No chance. Running down the UK is apparently far too addictive for some (as is winding up Brexiteers).

Remoaner modus operandi

Stage 1 pre-referendum. Parrot Project Fear - huge drop in GDP, immediate recession, mass unemployment, collapse in the housing market, chunnel border moved to Kent, quote numerous experts who have no expertise when it comes to predictive powers etc. Claim opinion and forecasts are facts.

Stage 2 Immediately after the vote. Throw toys out of pram, refuse to accept the result, tell us we didn't know what we were voting for and we won't get what we did vote for (?). Having never mentioned it before the result, now claim a second referendum is suddenly vital. Abuse/belittle the elderly and anyone who voted a different way. Gullible thickies all conned by the £350m for the NHS .. we're doomed etc. Ignore all the Remain lies,state opinion as fact.

Stage 3 First Year after vote - Studiously ignore all the experts who are now revising up their estimates many even admitting they got it wrong. Remind us we haven't left yet but still big up any negative data. Begin a long list of new doomsday predictions/project fear 2. Vote against the government hoping to weaken their position. Claim we will all change our mind at any moment despite polls showing hardly any change. Say they do now respect the result but negotiations should be carried out prioritising the 48%'s concerns. Claim the EU are wiping the floor with us while simultaneously expecting us to make unilateral gestures and concede ground. Basically, parrot any anti-UK line coming from the EU. State opinion as fact and claim they are only voicing reasonable concern.

Stage 4 Second year - Moan about the government being weak and divided after voting and hoping to bring about that very thing. Big up, cliff edges, no deals, grounded planes, recession, future generations trapped in Blighty, every other job moving to Europe. Try a bit of virtual signalling, saving the poor from themselves line to hide their contempt for democracy. Forget we haven't left yet. Find a sudden new interest in expert predictions again, regale us all with delightful stories of family, friends all conveniently ex-leave voters who have seen the error of their ways. Continue to claim only voicing legitimate concern. Parrot EU line/run down the UK... repeat ad nauseam. #teameu

:shootself

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
I thought our resident poster of charts and graphs would have covered this.Just shows how much damage Project Fear caused to our economy.Wish we could send Gideon the bill!

brexit.jpg

I suppose the moaners will pretend good results like these are 'fake good news'.:lolol:

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
I thought our resident poster of charts and graphs would have covered this.Just shows how much damage Project Fear caused to our economy.Wish we could send Gideon the bill!

View attachment 90719

I suppose the moaners will pretend good results like these are 'fake good news'.:lolol:

Strong economy in Europe (our biggest market), weakened sterling, if manufacturing wasn't up I'd be really worried. Unfortunately, manufacturing won't save our bacon but it will help....until we get tariffs

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
Strong economy in Europe (our biggest market), weakened sterling, if manufacturing wasn't up I'd be really worried. Unfortunately, manufacturing won't save our bacon but it will help....until we get tariffs

Rubbish.

Berty23

Jun 26, 2012
So when the papers are released will anyone believe them? Or simply dismissed as project fear?

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
So when the papers are released will anyone believe them? Or simply dismissed as project fear?

If we get to see them. I suspect if it goes to a vote the Tories will pull another one of their mass abstentions

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly

Mental Lental

Jul 5, 2003
Shiki-shi, Saitama
There needs to be a vote on the final deal, either parliament, the public or both

Do you think the final vote will be a second referendum on take the deal vs stay in the EU, or take the deal vs leave with no deal? Or has the government wisely had enough of referendums and will put it to parliament with the above same parameters? What other permutations could there be for a vote either in parliament or another referendum I wonder?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here