Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
By the way has anyone else been looking at where their food comes from? I smell bullshit on this notion that we are going to run out of food. I'd say about 85% of the food I eat comes from non EU countries. Most fruits and vegetables are from UK or Africa. It seems to be a lot of long life food that comes from EU, so where is the problem?

Where are The non-EU foodstuffs imported into The EU to? Have a little think about that and the logistics involved and what delays and new customs arrangements will mean and I'm sure you'll work it out eventually.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Iif there is a really soft Brexit then we haven't heard the end of it but it will be the end of May as PM.

I'm not sure why you think that. If we have a really soft Brexit, it will get the support of all the Remainers and the majority of Brexiteers who are worried about the consequences of no deal. Yes, the headliners at ERG will be mightily aggrieved but they're a minority.

Nor am I sure why a soft Brexit would be the end of May. The ERG think that, at most, they can muster 80 to 90 MPs to vote against her - that will still give her a healthy majority if there's a leadership battle.

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
Could be worse: will, must, inevitable etc? But he was clear: it is not a forecast, just worst case scenario. He has a duty to 'tell it as it is'. He might be wrong but why would he - as a Canadian with no hang-ups about being a European or a Brit - be anything other than an honest broker?

Damned if he does, damned if he doesn't.

Let us not forget the perceived culpability of our fiscal planning not being robust enough in 2008. I hardly think the head of the Bank of England isn't going to be covering his stumps with a straight bat at this point. Let's just hope he is wrong I guess.

Interesting to note that the entire cabinet, including the Brexiteers, are reported to have listened to his worst case scenario assertions in silence and took them on board without hindrance.

Along with their reaction to The ERG requested 'no deal' technical notices, it does appear as the phoney war subsides that the reality is finally dawning to those in power now. I appreciate to the populist charlatans devoid of responsibility such as Farage, it will all still be dismissed as their devout anti-intellectualism dictates it must.

daveinplzen

Aug 31, 2018
FB_IMG_1536924723624.jpg

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST

See, that kind of rhetoric from Farage is proper dodgy. Now he's trying to paint remainers as people who aren't trustworthy or capable. He'd probably round up Remain voters and have them shot if he could get away with it. Leave voters won a referendum, they did NOT win rule of the United Kingdom. Farage should keep his revolting opinions to himself. Loathesome toad.

Great comeback by Doyle though. That i sthe one saving grce about the likes of Farage, easy to put back in their place.

D

Deleted member 22389

See, that kind of rhetoric from Farage is proper dodgy. Now he's trying to paint remainers as people who aren't trustworthy or capable. He'd probably round up Remain voters and have them shot if he could get away with it. Leave voters won a referendum, they did NOT win rule of the United Kingdom. Farage should keep his revolting opinions to himself. Loathesome toad.

Great comeback by Doyle though. That i sthe one saving grce about the likes of Farage, easy to put back in their place.

All Farage had was a bus, some leaflets and he went out to meet real people. He helped get us a referendum, and won it too. He completed what he set out to do all those years ago. I would say that makes him a winner.

Last edited by a moderator:

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
I've never expected to be an easy ride - when has getting anything out the EU been easy ? I did expect the EU to be slightly more flexiable - after all this will affect them as well - and that's a world away from the 'well they need to sell their BMWs to us' stupid notion.

The problem has been utterly pathetic leadership from May, the extremes of both camps causing issues ( the likes of Farage and Gina Miller ) and no unity in government.

Can it solved ? No idea. Possibly not - you only have to see the nutcases on here being drama queens so see how eff'ed up it all is ( I'll point to Plooks contributions as an example ). Two things I am sure of is that it has changed the face of UK politics .... not necesarily for the better ..... and that if there is a really soft Brexit then we haven't heard the end of it but it will be the end of May as PM.

As time goes on the complete lack of preparation for - and understanding of - the repercussions of No Deal become more significant.

It is pointless offering a Referendum for In or Out of Europe without mitigating against the impact of No Deal in the short-term. JRM acknowledges there will be short-term pain with No Deal but he is a millionaire, so no pain whatsoever for him, but plenty of pain whose jobs rely on frictionless borders with the EU.

Cameron didn't consider leave mighy actually win, and Leave didn't consider we'd get No Deal.

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex

You only have to remember when Farage was touting himself as being British Ambassador to the United States because he's a friend of Donald Trump - he'd hate the thought of the experienced diplomat and former UK Permanent Representative to The EU and remainer Sir Kim Darroch getting the job.

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
All Farage had was a bus, some leaflets and he went out to meet real people. He helped get us a referendum, and won it too. He completed what he set out to do all those years ago. I would say that makes him im a winner.

It's a bit like picking a fight on a Saturday night in a taxi rank with someone you don't like and winning it and waltzing off Scot free without any responsibility for the aftermath. It's the police, paramedics, courts - the responsible people, other people, who have to deal with all the mess.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
All Farage had was a bus, some leaflets and he went out to meet real people. He helped get us a referendum, and won it too. He completed what he set out to do all those years ago. I would say that makes him a winner.

He managed to pursuade a slim majority to vote his way and then did a runner out the back door.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003

just popped in to say he's an utter CJTC who's run away from delivering on the promises. he is nothing, he's let leavers down and doesnt really care.

D

Deleted member 22389

just popped in to say he's an utter CJTC who's run away from delivering on the promises. he is nothing, he's let leavers down and doesnt really care.

What promises did he make then? I only know the one and that was to leave the EU. Farage has completed his job. Not a lot more he can do really when the government didn't want to include him.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly

Keep up the great work Mark, someone is battling for Britain and trying to mitigate the risk through treacherous times

Far more of a patriot than Farage, we might have to give you an honorary blue passport at the end of it all

daveinplzen

Aug 31, 2018
Don't be stupid.

I'm really not. That's the Brexit plan. Could also involve Unicorns
Maybe you know different. What s the 'plan' ?
Explain what happens exactly if we leave with no deal. Maybe you will be brave and answer this time.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
What promises did he make then? I only know the one and that was to leave the EU. Farage has completed his job. Not a lot more he can do really when the government didn't want to include him.

Then why is he poking his schnoz back in if there's not a lot he can do?

melias shoes

Oct 14, 2010
Could be worse: will, must, inevitable etc? But he was clear: it is not a forecast, just worst case scenario. He has a duty to 'tell it as it is'. He might be wrong but why would he - as a Canadian with no hang-ups about being a European or a Brit - be anything other than an honest broker?

It always is the worst case scenario. Project fear.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here