Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
The UK has seen the strongest two quarters of productivity growth since the recession of 2008, according to the latest data.

Output per hour rose 0.8% in the three months to December, the Office for National Statistics said. It follows growth of 0.9% in the previous period.

There was also a better than expected rise in wages. Excluding bonuses, earnings rose by 2.5% year-on-year.

The total number of people in work also continued to rise, jumping by 88,000 in the same period.

#despitebrexit

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Brexit is an absolute farce. I work in aircraft MRO and no one knows what's happening with regards to EASA, trade deal etc etc the Government is leading us into the uknown for their own political gain yet no one is stopping them and saying how wrong this is. All CEOs in my industry are very concerned with everything related to Brexit. That includes top businessman in other industries too. People voted out on lies, why are we still going ahead with this. Cameron, Johnson etc should all be tried for leading this country into the abyss.

I am sorry, you are NOT allowed to express this sort of opinion and will have the pack of NSC decend on you as you are unpatriotic, anti democracy and a raging lefty who wants to murder kittens in your spare time.

Hang your remoaning head in shame.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Fing pathetic.When are remainers going to give it a rest. Are you going to be complaining for the rest of your life.

I’ll be complaining about Brexit from the other side as well; I’ll haunt you Brexiteers forever.

:smile:

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
Good day for Corbyn to let rip today. His first question should be made to JRM.

Looks like 'Tariff Free Trade' is off and 'Tariff Free As Possible' is the new offering in our bold and ambitious free trade agreement as part of our deep and special partnership etc.

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patreon
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
The UK has seen the strongest two quarters of productivity growth since the recession of 2008, according to the latest data.

Oh for **** sake. British productivity has been rock bottom, the lowest of the low, for over a decade or so. It could not get any worse. The only was was up. #Desperate.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

The Clamp

NSC Patreon
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
How strange .... remainers keeping very quiet about this report !

https://www.economistsforfreetrade....native-Brexit-Economic-Analysis-20-Feb-18.pdf

Interesting reading - I particularly like the reminder of what some economists and politicians suggested would happen if we didn't join the Euro !

Yes, I've read it. It's an opinion piece. And if the forecasts are wholly incorrect it only serves to illustrate how ****ing incompetent a government we have handling this shambles that is Brexit.

Don't forget one very, VERY important point though; If the forecasts are wrong, they can be wrong in either direction. Things may get worse than those forecasts predict.

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
Ha. That clown Milford. I’ll swerve that. Even Stevie Wonder could see the gaping hole in his last proclamation.

Care to post your economic credentials? just so we can compare and contrast and decide which one of you might just have a clue?

Professor Patrick Minford is a macroeconomist who holds the chair of Applied Economics at Cardiff
University where he directs the Julian Hodge Institute of Applied Macroeconomics. Before academic
life he was an economic adviser to Her Majesty's Treasury's External Division and editor of the National
Institute Review. From 1976 to 1997, he was the Edward Gonner Professor of Applied Economics at
Liverpool University where he founded and directed the Liverpool Research Group in
Macroeconomics; this built the ‘Liverpool Model’ of the UK, which was influential in forecasting and
policy analysis during the 1980s. He was a member of Monopolies and Mergers Commission 1990-96;
and one of the H M Treasury's Panel of Forecasters ('6 Wise Men') January 1993-December 1996. He
was made a CBE for services to economics in 1996. His economic interests include monetary, trade,
labour market and macro economics and modelling. Recent publications include: Should Britain leave
the EU? An economic analysis of a troubled relationship, (with S. Gupta, V. Mahambare, V. Le and Y.
Xu) Edward Elgar, second edition, (2015).

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home

Output per hour rose 0.8% in the three months to December, the Office for National Statistics said. It follows growth of 0.9% in the previous period.

There was also a better than expected rise in wages. Excluding bonuses, earnings rose by 2.5% year-on-year.

The total number of people in work also continued to rise, jumping by 88,000 in the same period.

#despitebrexit

#fakenews

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
Care to post your economic credentials? just so we can compare and contrast and decide which one of you might just have a clue?

Professor Patrick Minford is a macroeconomist who holds the chair of Applied Economics at Cardiff
University where he directs the Julian Hodge Institute of Applied Macroeconomics. Before academic
life he was an economic adviser to Her Majesty's Treasury's External Division and editor of the National
Institute Review. From 1976 to 1997, he was the Edward Gonner Professor of Applied Economics at
Liverpool University where he founded and directed the Liverpool Research Group in
Macroeconomics; this built the ‘Liverpool Model’ of the UK, which was influential in forecasting and
policy analysis during the 1980s. He was a member of Monopolies and Mergers Commission 1990-96;
and one of the H M Treasury's Panel of Forecasters ('6 Wise Men') January 1993-December 1996. He
was made a CBE for services to economics in 1996. His economic interests include monetary, trade,
labour market and macro economics and modelling. Recent publications include: Should Britain leave
the EU? An economic analysis of a troubled relationship, (with S. Gupta, V. Mahambare, V. Le and Y.

Is Minford an expert?

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home

Bloody Welsh lightweight.

We need tried and tested ENGLISH professors to advise us!

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

What an utterly ridiculous response. I merely needed a reasonable grasp of English and numbers to understand his last paper. The main caveat was that it needed an incredibly high rise in productivity, to never seen before levels, to make his numbers add up. He did not explain where this was going to come from. This is all.

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
Hey, I thought we were the groovy gang?

Nah.Groovy gang have a 2003 join date,and preferably live abroad,like Jezza's retirement dacha house-:lolol:sitter.JCL's have to serve in the nerdy gang until swivel-eyed!:mad:

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
What an utterly ridiculous response. I merely needed a reasonable grasp of English and numbers to understand his last paper. The main caveat was that it needed an incredibly high rise in productivity, to never seen before levels, to make his numbers add up. He did not explain where this was going to come from. This is all.

Thank you for dodging the question. The answer is pretty clear now.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Thank you for dodging the question. The answer is pretty clear now.

As I said, your response was utterly ridiculous. And a straw man. Shall I trawl the net to find someone with slightly more credentials to trump you and Minford? Maybe now you can see how daft trotting out his credentials is.

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
As I said, your response was utterly ridiculous. And a straw man. Shall I trawl the net to find someone with slightly more credentials to trump you and Minford? Maybe now you can see how daft trotting out his credentials is.

You described him as a clown. I thought I would check whose credentials I trusted more. You have helped me reach my conclusion. Thank you.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here