Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
That was a bacon sandwich you twit.

dimwit.png

Flattery will get you nowhere.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Still an odd comeback though, somebody mentions the term "gammon" and a poster repeatedly puts up a picture of Milliband eating a bacon sandwich. I can't see the connection other than pig derived meat products.

Garry Nelson's teacher

May 11, 2015
Bloody Worthing!
Oh look. An article in the mail saying leaving the customs union will kill the car industry. I assume the experts on here will say this is project fear. We are leaving. Tick tick.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...mageddon-hard-Brexit-drive-industry-ruin.html

Wow: not sure whether to slap The DM on the back for giving the space to such a sensible article or to slap them in the gob for not anticipating such issues in their hitherto gung-ho pursuit of Brexit! The latter is more intuitive.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
Still an odd comeback though, somebody mentions the term "gammon" and a poster repeatedly puts up a picture of Milliband eating a bacon sandwich. I can't see the connection other than pig derived meat products.

Unfortunately,we have some racist posters on the board trying to ridicule people by referring to them as pig meat,so I responded with a picture of how a famous one of their ilk failed to cope with pig meat.Perhaps I should have followed your lead by reporting their racist comments,but I prefer open debate,even with foul racists,as I'm a democrat.

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
Wow: not sure whether to slap The DM on the back for giving the space to such a sensible article or to slap them in the gob for not anticipating such issues in their hitherto gung-ho pursuit of Brexit! The latter is more intuitive.

So now you are all big fans of John Neil.Do you also agree with his other proposals,the NHS solution for example?

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
As that article was published on Sunday I'm assuming it's a Mail on Sunday article ...

All avid Guardian readers should know which side they were on.

https://www.theguardian.com/politic...s-major-papers-declare-sides-in-eu-referendum

Don't know what he's worrying about anyway. The NSC clairvoyants club have assured us all that there's nothing to worry about, a deal involving us not really leaving was always certain. :)

And given that the Brexit clairvoyants club have also agreed that 'no deal' won't happen, what do they see happening at the Ireland/NI border in their crystal ball ?

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
And given that the Brexit clairvoyants club have also agreed that 'no deal' won't happen, what do they see happening at the Ireland/NI border in their crystal ball ?

I can't remember a single post from any Brexiteer saying they knew with absolute certainty what the end deal would be or if there would even be one. As for the NI border (assuming a deal is done which isn't 100% guaranteed) .. all depends on the type of deal that is agreed. :shrug:

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
I can't remember a single post from any Brexiteer saying they knew with absolute certainty what the end deal would be or if there would even be one. As for the NI border (assuming a deal is done which isn't 100% guaranteed) .. all depends on the type of deal that is agreed. :shrug:

So, much like the government, no ideas whatsoever then. Do you not believe that giving this a little thought prior to the vote may have been sensible ???

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
And here is one of my favourite articles from the BBC news page http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-44223114

The government may be forced to stay in the EU's customs union beyond 2020 if if cannot agree new arrangements, a committee of MPs says.

The Brexit select committee said that in the absence of another plan, extending the current arrangements "will be the only viable option".

It said it was "highly unsatisfactory" that ministers have yet to agree their preferred trade arrangements.

I particularly like the way the remoaners at the BBC have used 'The government may be forced to stay in the EU's customs union beyond 2020' rather than 'Begged the EU to stay due to their own incompetence'

They always spin it don't they ?

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
So, much like the government, no ideas whatsoever then. Do you not believe that giving this some thought prior to the vote may have been sensible :smile:

Saying it depends on the type of deal is not the same as saying there are no ideas. The Government and some on the EU side have already suggested options. The EU/Eire current negotiating position is to reject everything claim they are unworkable. I doubt that will be their end position .. someone will blink eventually. Perhaps the person with the crystal ball could tell us what definetly will happen? :)

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Unfortunately,we have some racist posters on the board trying to ridicule people by referring to them as pig meat,so I responded with a picture of how a famous one of their ilk failed to cope with pig meat.Perhaps I should have followed your lead by reporting their racist comments,but I prefer open debate,even with foul racists,as I'm a democrat.

Have you been drinking with underage footballers again? What on earth are you babbling on about?

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I can't remember a single post from any Brexiteer saying they knew with absolute certainty what the end deal would be

That’s fine. So they can’t complain about a Norway style deal then. I’m pleased we have agreed this.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here