Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Anything that ramps up the pressure on May to negotiate a good jobs first deal is most welcome.

About time the noisy zealots don't get everything their own way.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
How have they 'hampered' the negotiations ?

Given the appalling negotiating skills of May and Davis, the idea this vote is somehow hampering progress is absurd.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
It would be if any had been. It wasn't their country that they were putting first! They do worship the EU though (and almost certainly believe that those who disagree with them are thick racist peasants who live oop north, who need to be put in their place), and love any ways of getting themselves 15 minutes of fame.
It's a hollow victory, though. They haven't won an end to Brexit; all they've 'won' is hampering the Brexit negotiators so that potentially the Brexit deal we get is worse than the one we would have got had they not tied our negotiators' hands. So much for serving their country..........

I'm assuming that this post was thrown together in an embarrassing fit of alcohol fuelled stroppiness ? What they have won is the power to hold the government to order on the quality of deal on the table at the end of the negotiations. It's called " Democracy ", a term oft coined by people who feel their lives are a living nightmare thanks to the extensive Health and Safety guidance imposed by the EU.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
I thought Brexit meant take back control? That's exactly what these MPs have done. Why should the party whips decide how each MP should vote? They represent their constituents, not the party.

What the brexiters fail to realise that yesterday wasn’t really about Brexit at all, it’s about giving parliament the power to properly scrutinise legislation, this wasn’t a meaningful vote at all but a complete stitch up. If allowed to pass to would set a terrible precedent

This is more of a victory for democracy than defeat for the Tories. Any MP that voted for the bill last night on either side needs to take a long hard look at themselves

As for DM headline today, bullies never win. Are you trying to bring down the government?

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
They will be defeated on the March 2019 deadline too after the way they have acted, which is just as ****ing well too as the cabinet have still not agreed on what Brexit looks like.

Such a mess and rightly being held up by Parliament.

**** the Mail. Let's not forget though, that Theresa May was at a banquet celebrating Dacre's 25 years there the other week. Shameful. There's a huge attack on democracy happening in the US and here at the moment and it needs to be tackled, not pandered to.

Last edited:

biddles911

May 12, 2014
Interesting that people like nadine dorries are saying people should be deselected for voting against the government. Chucka covered this.

Chuka Umunna now listing the number of time the eurosceptics have rebelled against the Government...Davis - 90 times, Fox - 19 times, Leadsom - 7 times, Redwood - 17 times Jenkin - 95 times, Cash - 100+ times
“None of these people can lecture people seeking to do the right thing”

Ironic really; if that was the norm Corbyn would have been deselected decades ago.......

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Nigel Farage who is the definition of a career politician slagging off career politicians

#couldn'tmakeitup

He's been a politician for 2 decades. I very much doubt he will refuse to take his pension. A hypocrite of the highest order.

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
I agree having funding from the Eu doesn't necessarily indicate bias and I wasn't concerned about the the other issues re trade deals. I highlighted the particular section I was interested in and commented on that specific section.

The Treasury modelling actually came up with two immediate impact scenarios 'shock 'and 'severe shock'. Under the shock scenario, brexit would cause at least 500,000 jobs lost and a reduction in GDP by 3.6%. Average wages would be nearly 2.8% lower and house prices would be cut by 10%. Under the severe shock scenario, a vote to leave would lead to 800,000 job losses and a cut in GDP by 6%. Wages would be 4% lower on average and house prices would be 18% lower. They predicted we would be in a recession by Q3 2016 and you have been promising me one ever since but I doubt even you believe this now. Somehow this model that has proved woefully innacurate within months of the vote in two scenarios will perhaps be more on the ball if there are 8 of them 10 years down the line ... mmmmm.

It's coming.

Ernest

Stupid IDIOT
Nov 8, 2003
LOONEY BIN
When Brexit is dead and buried and a long forgotten memory as we resume our part of being in a fully inclusive Europe free from the hatred of the right wing loonies, people like Farage, Dacre, Bernard Jenkin, Duncan Smith etc will be in some care home still chanting 'Brexit means Brexit' and as the nurse feeds them their tea they will still be deluded that Brexit will actually happen

Garry Nelson's teacher

May 11, 2015
Bloody Worthing!
When Brexit is dead and buried and a long forgotten memory as we resume our part of being in a fully inclusive Europe free from the hatred of the right wing loonies, people like Farage, Dacre, Bernard Jenkin, Duncan Smith etc will be in some care home still chanting 'Brexit means Brexit' and as the nurse feeds them their tea they will still be deluded that Brexit will actually happen

And that nurse just might be from Poland or Slovakia or Estonia or....................

Klaas

I've changed this
Nov 1, 2017

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
The Brexiteers seem to have vanished. Never mind, Anna Soubry says 'Hi'.

anna-soubry-242990.jpg

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Seems to be quite a few regulars not on thread today?

Shame, I was going to invite them for a glass of fizz, Prosecco of course. Fancy one Dave?

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
He's been a politician for 2 decades. I very much doubt he will refuse to take his pension. A hypocrite of the highest order.

He just can never live it down, he was so desperate to become an MP but failed over and over again

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here