Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

daveinprague

Oct 1, 2009
Prague, Czech Republic
They really are getting upset aren't they! For a group of people who profess to being secure whatever happens they sure are getting in a tizzy that their silly questions aren't getting answered. I thought they had it all figured out? What do they need our assistance for?

Its more about not losing face for them now. They are not worried about the country. Thin skins and fragile ego's.

alfredmizen

Banned
Mar 11, 2015
We had a kid at school, Simon Osborne. He used to sit at the back of the class just twanging a ruler on the side of the desk, was always in detention or on satis for not doing homework or losing his text books and such. Wasn't too bad at cricket but was always getting chucked out of the A team for forgetting kit or missing the mini bus. Got expelled in the end for pissing in a sheep's mouth.
You very much remind me of him.
TBTC
detention ? at the private school you went to nibble ? why do you tell lies that are so easily found out ?

Garry Nelson's teacher

May 11, 2015
Bloody Worthing!
Let's assume then that we have to implement a physical border (and let's ignore timescales etc). If we do, then so will the EU. But the EU have already told ROI that there will not be any physical infrastructure.

The EU can't have it both ways: they can't tell the UK to solve the border issue (we can tell them we're leaving on WTO rules and there's sweet FA they can do) and also tell the ROI that there won't be physical infrastructure on the border if there's WTO rules as it's their border to police, not ours.

This is the point which remainers don't seem to accept. Border controls are there to monitor what a country imports. The UK will be exporting to ROI, so they become ROI/EUs imports.

Neither side 'wants' hard borders as such as I think everyone respects the political sensitives of the Good Friday Agreement. There is though a deadlock on the way forward, with us lot thinking we can have some sort of soft border and the EU only putting up with this if N Ireland stays within the Customs Union (etc) and the actual border is in the North Sea - which T May doesn't accept (I can see why, especially when relying on the votes of the DUP).

Now I don't 'blame'* anyone for this as I think its a conundrum that is probably incapable of solution (hence temptation of the 'turn a blind eye' non-solution). But let's be honest this situation wouldn't have occurred without a hard(ish) Bexit and 'we started it' and the ball is in our court. Furthermore, Northern Ireland did actually vote to Remain and the Leaver side were very quiet on this issue during the campaign. Furthermore, the May's government have over-claimed the potential of a technological 'soft(ish)' border in a hard(ish) White Paper Brexit.

It all points (to me) as another chapter in the textbook called How Not to Do Brexit. And those terrible words of Fox ('the easiest' etc etc) would be the opening line to this classic text.

(*Oh bugger I've ended up blaming your side.)

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
detention ? at the private school you went to nibble ? why do you tell lies that are so easily found out ?

Bit clueless aren't you, Bushy. Detention was held on Wednesday and Saturday afternoons after games, from 5-6 in the classroom of whoever was duty master or in the prep room monitored by prefects if no master was on duty. Another accusation of a "lie" that is easily dispatched, just like all the others. Not quite as clever as you like to think, Bushy. No need to apologise, Bushy, you just didn't have the same level of education as I did, you couldn't have known.

Last edited:

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
We had a kid at school, Simon Osborne. He used to sit at the back of the class just twanging a ruler on the side of the desk, was always in detention or on satis for not doing homework or losing his text books and such. Wasn't too bad at cricket but was always getting chucked out of the A team for forgetting kit or missing the mini bus. Got expelled in the end for pissing in a sheep's mouth.
You very much remind me of him.
TBTC

CBA

Echo.png

Any answer?

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
Bit clueless aren't you, Bushy. Detention was held on Wednesday and Saturday afternoons after games, from 5-6 in the classroom of whoever was duty master or in the prep room monitored by prefects if no master was on duty. Another accusation of a "lie" that is easily dispatched, just like all the others. Not quite as clever as you like to think, Bushy. No need to apologise, Bushy, you just didn't have the same level of education as I did, you couldn't have known.

Still waiting to hear who's bullying me Nibble. You're claim not to insult people was disproven very quickly wasn't it. You really can't help but lie. When you leaving the UK ?

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
Says an idiot who got emotional about two RyanAir planes being parked at Luton :thumbsup: possibly, maybe they will stay there.

Try to take a breath between tokes Dave,might help you concentrate.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Still waiting to hear who's bullying me Nibble. You're claim not to insult people was disproven very quickly wasn't it. You really can't help but lie. When you leaving the UK ?

Why have you quoted me owning Bushy?

I have never claimed not to insult people. Another one of your lies. You tell a lot of lies yet are always accusing others of doing so. Have you ever heard of projection? You put a lot of energy into someone who has slightly annoyed you on the internet. You're going to have to learn to process and get over something a total stranger said on a message board 4 or 5 years ago. It's a bit ridiculous, mate.

Last edited:

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
So you're now taking jpegs rather than actually use quotes on this same site.

You've certainly taking every precaution to keep yourself safe from those internet goblins.

Paranoid, moi?:lolol:

Ahhhh, that's what he's done. I couldn't figure out what he'd been up to. Looked a mess so I ignored it. As usual.

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
So you're now taking jpegs rather than actually use quotes on this same site.

You've certainly taking every precaution to keep yourself safe from those internet goblins.

Paranoid, moi?:lolol:

mad.png

Booked your examination yet Jackanory?Perhaps gopher could join you?:lolol:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here