Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

D

Deleted member 22389

Why? All this country wants to do is shit on the younger generations. University fees, stupid house and rent prices, low wages...if the older generations have taught me anything it is take what you can and charge someone else whilst pulling up the ladder.
I refuse to live in a country like that.

Foreign investors sent house prices shooting up in London, not Brexiteers, which then trickled it's way down here. Now the same is slowly happening in the North. Developers sell for as much money as they can, yes it's crap but that's life, that is business, there is nothing you can do about it. On the flip side if young people went and learned a trade today instead of going to uni they would be earning bloody good money in a few years.

portslade seagull

Jul 19, 2003
portslade
They don't. It is exactly this arrogant dickish behaviour that is making the UK a dump.

So you in your entire time at Uni never went to the pub student hall etc etc. Every Uni person I've spoken to loved the social side. None of them have what I would call a great job though. My wife's brother however who left school well when he was expelled went straight into the army. He now earns £120k a year and has 21 properties which earn him around 5k a month. So Uni isn't everthing

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
So you in your entire time at Uni never went to the pub student hall etc etc. Every Uni person I've spoken to loved the social side. None of them have what I would call a great job though. My wife's brother however who left school well when he was expelled went straight into the army. He now earns £120k a year and has 21 properties which earn him around 5k a month. So Uni isn't everthing

Doesn't really "earn" £5k a month from properties does he. I mean to say, the housing market has done the work for him, and is working against anyone not in ownership, your Brother in law is a small part of the problem that young people have today in getting a foot on the ladder. It is kind of what Plooks is talking about when mentioning the ladder being pulled up behind them by the older generations. I am not saying your Brother in law has done wrong, or is a bad person, just that there was an advantage he had, in property prices and buy to let rules, over anyone starting out today.

portslade seagull

Jul 19, 2003
portslade
Doesn't really "earn" £5k a month from properties does he. I mean to say, the housing market has done the work for him, and is working against anyone not in ownership, your Brother in law is a small part of the problem that young people have today in getting a foot on the ladder. It is kind of what Plooks is talking about when mentioning the ladder being pulled up behind them by the older generations. I am not saying your Brother in law has done wrong, or is a bad person, just that there was an advantage he had, in property prices and buy to let rules, over anyone starting out today.

Wasn't really about the money more about you can make something out of nothing if you try. It might be a roundabout route he took but I say good on him. He never gave up and wanted to prove people wrong. It doesn't always have to be handed to you on a plate like some think it should. I never had any help and struggled but got there, you just need desire. Youngsters seem to forget it does take hard work.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Wasn't really about the money more about you can make something out of nothing if you try. It might be a roundabout route he took but I say good on him. He never gave up and wanted to prove people wrong. It doesn't always have to be handed to you on a plate like some think it should. I never had any help and struggled but got there, you just need desire. Youngsters seem to forget it does take hard work.

Strangely, I don't know any youngsters that expect anything to be handed to them. Except for layabout council estate doll moles who voted Brexit.

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley

I think you maybe have a one sided view of how hard University degrees can be to attain, there are some that require little lecture time and not so much reading time, and are not so taxing, but there are kids doing various engineering degrees, medicine, law, physics, maths etc. which require a high level of application and a brain capable of taking it all in.

Mo Gosfield

Aug 11, 2010
D

The older generation have been incredibly selfish and you and others are paying for it. Those incredibly lucky will get it back through inheritance. Also it wasn’t the youth that voted for Brexit, another example. Good luck to you

Oh dear, the blame police are out in force again.
Its a good job that the vote didn't favour Remain. Imagine all the older generation blaming the younger generation for being ignorant about the history of the EU. Imagine the older generation being bitter about being lied and deceived to about the true motives and direction of the" Common Market " Imagine the older generation being so bitter over the result that they disown their children and the younger generation, in totality. No help or support in the future. Imagine them telling their kids that they have sold this country and its sovereignty up the river. Imagine them telling their kids that they are British first and European second ( heaven forbid ) Imagine them blaming the younger generation for mass immigration from the EU, that has perpetuated the low wage economy. Imagine them telling the younger generation that they have ruined this country and that they are going, emigrating and taking everything with them, leaving the youth behind to luxuriate in a bureaucratic European superstate, with little or no domestic control.
Imagine that.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
More threats to key industries

https://www.ft.com/content/80dd2f68-3031-11e8-b5bf-23cb17fd1498

Another bit of cherry picking we'd need to do, over to you DD

“Theresa May is fighting to prevent Britain being frozen out of an EU satellite project with hundreds of millions of pounds of contracts at stake.

The EU is planning to withhold contracts relating to the security elements of the €10 billion Galileo satellite programme from UK companies after Brexit.

The exclusion from Galileo’s “public regulated service” (PRS), an encrypted navigation system for government users, would also mean that the British armed forces would be cut off from the programme, set up to be a rival to the US GPS. ”

I personally think the EU should tell her and DD to do one. This is the consequence of leaving the EU

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Oh dear, the blame police are out in force again.
Its a good job that the vote didn't favour Remain. Imagine all the older generation blaming the younger generation for being ignorant about the history of the EU. Imagine the older generation being bitter about being lied and deceived to about the true motives and direction of the" Common Market " Imagine the older generation being so bitter over the result that they disown their children and the younger generation, in totality. No help or support in the future. Imagine them telling their kids that they have sold this country and its sovereignty up the river. Imagine them telling their kids that they are British first and European second ( heaven forbid ) Imagine them blaming the younger generation for mass immigration from the EU, that has perpetuated the low wage economy. Imagine them telling the younger generation that they have ruined this country and that they are going, emigrating and taking everything with them, leaving the youth behind to luxuriate in a bureaucratic European superstate, with little or no domestic control.
Imagine that.
Nice one!

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
...........and yet the sad gits are still moaning about it. Bless..........

I think it’s a bit harsh to call the residents of places like Stoke sad gits. They won, I’m sure they’ll get over it.....as they turn off the final bar of their 3 bar heater due to the cost.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here