Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

larus

And just like there’s no residency register there’s no obligation to register with a GP. And adresses don’t prove you’re a resident or otherwise. I don’t understand how she can tell between tourists and residents. I think she’s been making assumptions.

So, someone who lives in Germany knows more about the NHS in London than someone living and working in it. And I’m sure her views would have been influence by talking to other nurses/doctors too, but of course, they don’t know shit about it.

Gotcha. Must be nice to be the source of so much knowledge and information. Must make the ability to make predictions so easy. Oh wait.....

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
So, someone who lives in Germany knows more about the NHS in London than someone living and working in it.

Gotcha. Must be nice to be the source of so much knowledge and information. Must make the ability to make predictions so easy. Oh wait.....

You have completely ignored the facts I posted about foreign students being eligible for free NHS treatment here whilst they're studying.
Dosent that suit your agenda?

larus

You have completely ignored the facts I posted about foreign students being eligible for free NHS treatment here whilst they're studying.
Dosent that suit your agenda?

The topic about the NHS was about immigrants. You throwing in something random about students is irrelevant. And in reality, the demand that students will place on the NHS is relatively low as they are younger as so will have less health issues (apart from getting drunk/drugged up, but that’s more likely a problem with English students that overseas).

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
May not cause a problem in your little bubble with no waiting to see a GP.We have over 50,000 immigrant women of child-bearing age in East Birmingham alone who can't speak a word of English.Just trying to find out what is wrong with them blocks up the system,translators struggling to cope with the different dialects.Because of their culture,they can only have a doctor from their branch of islam who must be chaperoned.The list goes on and on,and I bet you don't have that sort of problem.What you experience doesn't mean the rest of the country is the same.

Absolute tosh. 50,000 pregnant women who can't speak English in one city?
As I sai I've lived up north & in a Muslim area. Four houses in my road belonged to one family. The grandfather was a doctor, but retired. One of the sons was a taxi driver, etc. All the women could speak English. Maybe when the first families came over in the 50s there were women who only spoke Urdu, or Hindu. Nowadays they are bilingual.
I don't live in a bubble, and have lived elsewhere, which you choose to ignore so you can have your fantasy rant.
I've produced independent sources for my argument not random figures out of thin air.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
The topic about the NHS was about immigrants. You throwing in something random about students is irrelevant. And in reality, the demand that students will place on the NHS is relatively low as they are younger as so will have less health issues (apart from getting drunk/drugged up, but that’s more likely a problem with English students that overseas).

I posted a link reporting facts about health tourism, in post 47081, in reply to you, with the costs involved.
Foreign students are included in that figure for the time they are here, because they have t paid any contributions, so their inclusion is very relevant.

You are aware that official immigration figures include foreign students, aren't you?

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
And just like there’s no residency register there’s no obligation to register with a GP. And adresses don’t prove you’re a resident or otherwise. I don’t understand how she can tell between tourists and residents. I think she’s been making assumptions.

Not quite sure I get this, isn’t the home office linked into the patient database with regards to visas, so that its possible to see if you are a non EU oversees visitor and are required to pay, in the same way foreign students receive free NHS treatment because they can be identified as having paid the health surcharge as part of their visa application.I think the home office also have a flagging system in place that tells anyone accessing medical records if they already owe outstanding funds for previous treatment.(but not entirely sure on that)
Surely the fact that hospitals do invoice patients that are required to pay would suggest they have tools to identify them. Always room for improvement though.

larus

I posted a link reporting facts about health tourism, in post 47081, in reply to you, with the costs involved.
Foreign students are included in that figure for the time they are here, because they have t paid any contributions, so their inclusion is very relevant.

You are aware that official immigration figures include foreign students, aren't you?

Yes, and they will also be included on the emigration figures too when they leave I assume. Otherwise our population figures would be bogus.

In theory, there should be an annual net effect of 0. If 20,000 come in this year and then leave, and another 20,000 come in the following year, the annual effect is 0.

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
Well, your reply to my post which was about the City in general stated “tens of thousands”. Now, they are talking about 5,000 jobs.

Let’s assume (being kind) that you only meant 30,000, you’ve only inflated the 5,000 by a factor of 6. With maths like that you could get a job as shadow chancellor of shadow Home Secretary.

Apologies if my initial reply was not clear, but I think my subsequent explanation to JCFG was clear, lets assume (being kind) that English is your second language, and that with comprehension like that, you couldn't get a job invigilating immigrant English exams for the Home Office.

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
Fair enough but many people have been talking up an exodus.

Depends what you mean by 'subject to'. Will the ECJ have ongoing primacy after we leave/transition phase ends .. (temporary - citizens deal aside). Will we be paying Billions every year ... . Will the UK parliament and law have primacy .. . Will EU citizens face new immigration restrictions .. The talking up of impending doom and problems has been continuous no matter the state of negotiations. I suppose claiming we have surrendered or haven't really left is the only position left for people who have spent months/years forecasting doom.

PS no mention of recession ... finally given up forecasting a Brexit recession?

I don't claim a surrender, and I only forecast doom when the direction of travel veers towards hard Brexit.

A recession has been kept at bay by global growth picking up enough to keep us afloat, unless you are in construction, where there has been 3 quarters of decline overall, despite house building hitting record levels. I would not say we are at no risk of a national recession from Brexit just yet, but as long as it keeps heading towards a Norway or Swiss type deal, as it seems to be at the moment, we should just be under performing, rather than going backwards.

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
No need to lie is there.
I cant remember ever saying (or JCFG saying) Brexit wasnt about immigration.Immigration was a huge contributing factor.
The only people ive heard deny it are remoaners(not the same as remainers) who come out with little gems like free movement wasnt on the ballot whilst at the same time contradicting themselves by calling leavers racists and xenophobes.

Why post "No need to lie", and then lie?

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
“The tide of history is moving toward self determination, and Brexit is moving with that tide”

Hilarious if you accept all the half baked points your mate Dan Hannan utters in that. If he thinks Micro States are the way to go, he should not be in the Conservative and Unionist Party.

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
Yes, and they will also be included on the emigration figures too when they leave I assume. Otherwise our population figures would be bogus.

In theory, there should be an annual net effect of 0. If 20,000 come in this year and then leave, and another 20,000 come in the following year, the annual effect is 0.

No, they (over) estimate the numbers of students overstaying their visas and therefore, less than the numbers that should have left are subtracted, nobody actually checks who has left. Our population and immigration figures are a guess, and illegal immigration is a massive guess.

Mental Lental

Jul 5, 2003
Shiki-shi, Saitama
Plus, half the posts are unreadable to me because they are written by various cocks who I've blocked. :lolol:

Only half? I'd hazard a guess that roughly 70% of this post is unreadable to me due to the blocking of about 5 or 6 particular Brexchimpletons, dribbling over their keyboards with their badly coordinated simian fingers.

I'm waiting for the next key bit of news that actually matters. I suspect it will be around about October, with the end of that month being the deadline for the Government to report on the options for the vote in Parliament.

Tick-tock indeed.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
So, someone who lives in Germany knows more about the NHS in London than someone living and working in it. And I’m sure her views would have been influence by talking to other nurses/doctors too, but of course, they don’t know shit about it.

I am not saying I know anything about the NHS, hence I’m asking you questions. I am saying I know there is no register for residents of the UK though, or are you going to say there is? And surely everyone knows it’s not compulsory to register with a doctor?

Why are you getting snidey? Is it because your story doesn’t stack up?

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Not quite sure I get this, isn’t the home office linked into the patient database with regards to visas, so that its possible to see if you are a non EU oversees visitor and are required to pay, in the same way foreign students receive free NHS treatment because they can be identified as having paid the health surcharge as part of their visa application.I think the home office also have a flagging system in place that tells anyone accessing medical records if they already owe outstanding funds for previous treatment.(but not entirely sure on that)
Surely the fact that hospitals do invoice patients that are required to pay would suggest they have tools to identify them. Always room for improvement though.

Possibly. But we are discussing EU citizens, I make this clear in my first reply.

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
I don't and never have done. We have two local surgeries in this town, and I can ring up at 8.30 and get a same day appt. It may be a person to GP or a telephone appt. but I don't know anyone else around this area, who hasn't been seen for a week unless it's a planned 7 day in advance booked one.
It doesn't help that patients don't bother turning up for their appointments which cost the NHS over £1Bn last year. Eight million (8M) no shows.

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/...ealth-service-nurse-doctors-gps-a8137686.html

Lucky you. That's not the case around these parts - GP cover is shockingly bad ( and the practices very poorly run ). My step daughter was ill and needed to see a doctor the other week - quickest appointment ? SIX days time. Trying to get a same day appointment to close to impossible - you have to ring at 8am and hope to be at the front of the queue - I've waited 30 minutes before now only to be told no more places try again tomorrow. They won't even let you pre-book an appointment for a couple of days time. I complained to the practice manager and his answer was 'most customers prefer it that way' - customers ?? My original surgery closed down because the practice wasn't making enough money - they weren't making a loss either. Mrs W needed a GP letter to excuse her from jury service. The court assured her that it must be provided for free by her GP - we're still arguing that with her practice. The GP service is a shambles and it's because of the greed of GPs - not too many immigrants.

Jan 30, 2008
Only half? I'd hazard a guess that roughly 70% of this post is unreadable to me due to the blocking of about 5 or 6 particular Brexchimpletons, dribbling over their keyboards with their badly coordinated simian fingers.

I'm waiting for the next key bit of news that actually matters. I suspect it will be around about October, with the end of that month being the deadline for the Government to report on the options for the vote in Parliament.

Tick-tock indeed.
# Desperate :facepalm:
regards
DR

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here